Anyone else want the old holo sight back? (mw2)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

I_am_theOpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 I_am_theOpus
Member since 2009 • 768 Posts
Remember the holographic form the COD4 campaign? I thought it was a great attachment and was pretty excited when I first saw it in mw2, yet it's very different. It's basically just a bulkier red dot sight. I can't really find advantages to using it. Why do you think they didn't include the original in mw2? I think it would have made a much more gratifying reward for 60 red dot kills.
hobo290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 hobo290
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts

Lol, Red Dot/Holographic is for people who can't aim, Silencer is better.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I find both of them to be a waste of an attachment when there are better alternatives. I hate the red dot sight on the Tar it's completely useless.

wado-karate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 wado-karate
Member since 2007 • 3831 Posts

Lol, Red Dot/Holographic is for people who can't aim, Silencer is better.

hobo290
I'm sorry, what? So when I replace the obstructing iron sights on my gun with the open red dot sight, all of a sudden I don't have to aim? OKay.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

I would prefer a silencer to red dot, the red dot is IMO for more novice players who need a sense of direction as to were they're shooting at. To the TC, the holo is more helpful because it covers more of the target through the lens because of the bulkier red dot marker.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
all my guns have iron sight, its not that i find the red dot n holo for ppl that r lesser, but it just looks like sum1 had KFC then stuck their thumb over it without washing their hands lol
LostSoul781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LostSoul781
Member since 2003 • 1630 Posts

I use the holo sight sometimes, I started using the iron sights, I feel as if i am doing better without the other sights

Joethetoe55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Joethetoe55
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
old holo sight was sick, the new one sucks. if i remember correctly the old one had a zoom and the line was farther away from the dot. new holo sight is crap. first post ftw
I_am_theOpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 I_am_theOpus
Member since 2009 • 768 Posts
I too prefer silencers to RDS and I only put the latter on guns with really annoying and obstructive iron sights. But the old holographic was more like the ACOG in the sense that it added somewhat of another dimension to a gun (more range and accuracy). I just thought it was a cool feature in the original mw2 and was kind of disappointed that in the sequel it's more of a modified RDS.