Anyone else tire of DLC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

We as consumers spend 60 dollars for a brand new video game and then a month later are asked to spend 10 more dollars to buy a DLC package. I am tired of dishing out this extra cash for content that should be free. Anyone else feel the same?

Kaim91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Kaim91
Member since 2010 • 967 Posts

I don't really care, actually. Obviously I won't buy DLC for a game I don't like, but if there's DLC available to a game I really enjoy, then I won't let the payment scare me.

me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

Depends on the DLC. Stuff like map packs can be fine, if the price is good. MW2 DLC is way too overpriced for what you're getting. Stuff like Rock Band songs seem fine though, it's only a few dollars for songs, and more for albums. My favorite DLC would be the GTA 4 expansions, those are better than most games that are priced at $60.

Toxic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4 Toxic8
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

I am most tired of dlc like the Assassins Creed 2 ones. That is content that should have been in the game in the first place. Now you have to pay for it... It does get old. The same was true for L4D. On the PC all came on it, but the 360 version you had to pay for the extra content.

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

not really, if im annoyed by the release of a DLC for whatever reason then i just dont buy it

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I only have a problem with DLC that adds to the campaign. As for multiplayer DLC, I'm fine with it.
Avatar image for deactivated-6117ccf8d222d
deactivated-6117ccf8d222d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-6117ccf8d222d
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts

the only dlcs i hate are the DAO ones. THERE ARE JUST SO MANY!

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

not really, if im annoyed by the release of a DLC for whatever reason then i just dont buy it

NoDzombie

Shouldnt it be free though? I mean come on we paid the price of the game give us a reason to keep playing it and keep buying your games. Free content FTW.

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

you hate buying additional content for a game you like? i feel sorry for you. some DLC is a rip-off but nobody said you have to buy it, and no, DLC shouldnt be free MOST DLC or atleast the good ones, where made after the game was released. so say your at work, your boss gives you a deadline on a project which you complete on time, then the boss comes back to you and ask's you to do a follow-up on that same project because it was well recieved but tells you this time you wont be paid for doing it, you'd be pissed wouldnt you?

Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts

the only dlcs i hate are the DAO ones. THERE ARE JUST SO MANY!

strigon33
Thank you! I just finished Awakenings, only to read that some Golem-themed DLC is coming out this upcoming Tuesday. It's just way too much. BioWare needs to move onto other things (like the ME2-ME3 bridging DLC). If you total the cost up, then it's about an extra $50 to get everything out today.
Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#11 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

DLC is usually a complete rip off. But people can't seem to resist buying it.

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

[QUOTE="NoDzombie"]

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Shouldnt it be free though? I mean come on we paid the price of the game give us a reason to keep playing it and keep buying your games. Free content FTW.

that all depends on what it is,

if it was content that was removed from the original game and then released later as DLC so that they could make more money then i hate that and yes it should be free, actually it should never be cut from the original game in the first place

but if its something totally new that they have built and worked on after they have finished and released the original game, then they have gone out and designed a whole new piece of game from scratch and deserve to be payed for that work and i have no problem with paying for that kind of DLC (provided they are charging a reasonable price for what they are offering obviously)

DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 DeanG642
Member since 2009 • 595 Posts
Well, no. You are paying that money for the game. They are hardly just going to give you more for free, unless its small. Things that add story and others, such as Borderlands and Mass effect DLC are worth paying for. I think by saying: You are sick of DLC is a bit misleading, such as you saying "Hey, is anyone else sick of companies making new games?" Just my opinion though, and I respect yours completely.
VladJasonDrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VladJasonDrac
Member since 2010 • 601 Posts

Don't buy it. Problem solved.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

We as consumers spend 60 dollars for a brand new video game and then a month later are asked to spend 10 more dollars to buy a DLC package. I am tired of dishing out this extra cash for content that should be free. Anyone else feel the same?

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
I got in trouble on another forum for calling someone who made a similar post a communist d***head... so I'm not gonna do that here. What I will do is ask how you reason that a team of people who create something to enliven your gameplay experience should not be paid for their work.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

If you think DLC's a ripoff, don't buy it. I don't.

TheQwertyCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheQwertyCow
Member since 2010 • 53 Posts
The only DLCs I've bought were from CoD: WaW and CoD: MW2. They're all map packs, and the maps to me are generally really bad, so next time I might not even bother buying it.
TheQwertyCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheQwertyCow
Member since 2010 • 53 Posts
[QUOTE="ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ"]

El_Zo1212o
I got in trouble on another forum for calling someone who made a similar post a communist d***head... so I'm not gonna do that here. What I will do is ask how you reason that a team of people who create something to enliven your gameplay experience should not be paid for their work.

Some of the stuff should be included in the original story like in AC2, as somebody has said. But most stuff you should have to pay for the company's work in making an add-on to the game.
BloodiedHalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 BloodiedHalo
Member since 2010 • 56 Posts

[QUOTE="ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ"]

El_Zo1212o

lol...

I feel your pain Evolution, its content that could have been in the game in the first place usually and that is wrong, capitalist dickheads. Some DLC especially for multiplayer I don't mind.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#20 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
As long as it's free.
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Its not really all DLC i guess i should say just MOST DLC is garbage.

Save i few games like fallout 3, oblivion, borderlands etc those types of DLC add ons i can handle but map packs and junk should be free

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
If its DLC thats reasonable I dont mind...but stuff like in-game outfits etc tick me off. Like REALLY??
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

Well not all DLC is equal. There is def alot of stuff that is just a rip off but sometimes there is good DLC that actually adds more onto an already great game.

Avatar image for Divided_We_Fall
Divided_We_Fall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Divided_We_Fall
Member since 2010 • 195 Posts

Only companies that milk the game to death such as WaW zombie maps.

MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Let's see: Let's make a quick buck, by adding 1-2 hours of extra gameplay and add achievements boom DLC. Pay us 10 bucks please. Thanks, Now enjoy your life.

ch2423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 ch2423
Member since 2004 • 1978 Posts

you hate buying additional content for a game you like? i feel sorry for you. some DLC is a rip-off but nobody said you have to buy it, and no, DLC shouldnt be free MOST DLC or atleast the good ones, where made after the game was released. so say your at work, your boss gives you a deadline on a project which you complete on time, then the boss comes back to you and ask's you to do a follow-up on that same project because it was well recieved but tells you this time you wont be paid for doing it, you'd be pissed wouldnt you?

JayQproductions
A better example for most DLC would be if in the past you completed your projects completely and on time. Now, you finish the project completely but instead of turning it in all at once, you give them 50% of it this week, 20% of it next week and the final 30% of it the week after. You're not doing any work on the projects for the last two weeks, you're just milking it to get extra pay for the same work as before. I'm looking at you EA.
VladJasonDrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VladJasonDrac
Member since 2010 • 601 Posts

Yea people complain about DLC and don't buy it and then when their favorite devs like a Bioware get sold to EA they complain more.