anyone eles dissapointed with fallout 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxste92xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xxste92xx
Member since 2008 • 109 Posts

i have to say im very dissapointed by it.

since its most like oblivion that what i compared it to...

i found oblivion to be more fun,better locations, better missions and the storys that went with them plus more choice in armor and items.

i found that most of the people in fallout 3 had very little personality and the map altho big very boring to explore

and lastly the issue with ammo , u run out really quick ! which i find spoiles the fun and means having to go back and get some before u get killed.

anyone eles agree or dissagree?

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

In a word...

NO.

:)

KUHawksFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KUHawksFan
Member since 2008 • 195 Posts

Please tell me you've played for more than 1 hour...

Exploring is extremely fun later on when you get into fights with raider camps and the enclave.

xxste92xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xxste92xx

whats your reasoning behinde that answer...

i just find it very boring

for exsample i showed my brother me playing fallout 3 and fable 2 (which i love) and he was much more intreseted in fable he sed fallout 3 would irratete him with the ammo issue

RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
I am glad I didn't buy this game, many people compaing. I don't think it would be that bad, just not a buy.
xxste92xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xxste92xx
yes i have, i just fed up with trying to explore and getting killed bye everything, and i have to stress agen the ammo issue just irrates me
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#7 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
The game is fantastic imo.
tgh93_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 tgh93_29
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
umm.... nope you are all alone
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts
I am loving it, but a little irritated right now. I am still on the first mission and have no clue where to go. (I am supposed to GNR and I went in the metro station and now I am in a pitch black room with nowhere to go?!?!?) Ammo, though, if used right is not in short supply. You can't just spray and pray, even if you aren't using V.A.T.S. you still need to strategically wound limbs and use the environment to your advantage.
chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chester706
Member since 2007 • 3856 Posts
From the time I have spent with it I think the map is a little meh but I havent really sat down and took it all in so I cant say. I do like Oblivion more though cause I think the gameplay mechanics are smoother.
Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
Hopefully it picks up later, I've just started and left the vault and I'm bored already.....
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

In a word...

NO.

DataDream

Not at all. I'm barely even doing the quests. The exploration in the game is just so much fun. Ha the quest to get the guy laid made me laugh so hard. This game is by far no disappointment to me.

By the way if you're having THAT hard of a time turn down the difficulty. Get better weapons,ammo,and more caps then put it back on normal.

xxste92xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xxste92xx
[QUOTE="DataDream"]

In a word...

NO.

craigalan23

Not at all. I'm barely even doing the quests. The exploration in the game is just so much fun. Ha the quest to get the guy laid made me laugh so hard. This game is by far no disappointment to me.

By the way if you're having THAT hard of a time turn down the difficulty. Get better weapons,ammo,and more caps then put it back on normal.

is that what you did ive just turned it down now " i forgot i could do that " i will put another post when ive done some more of the game to give my final oppion.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 craigalan23
[QUOTE="craigalan23"][QUOTE="DataDream"]

In a word...

NO.

xxste92xx

is that what you did ive just turned it down now " i forgot i could do that " i will put another post when ive done some more of the game to give my final oppion.

Nah i never needed to because i spent like two hours stealing stuff from Megaton and doing the easiest quests.

xxste92xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xxste92xx
[QUOTE="xxste92xx"][QUOTE="craigalan23"][QUOTE="DataDream"]

In a word...

NO.

craigalan23

Nah i never needed to because i spent like two hours stealing stuff from Megaton and doing the easiest quests.

what quest would you recomend doing?
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 craigalan23
[QUOTE="craigalan23"][QUOTE="xxste92xx"][QUOTE="craigalan23"][QUOTE="DataDream"]

In a word...

NO.

xxste92xx

When finding more about your father hack his terminal but still go out to get the drug addicts caps. You get the information and 300 free caps for doing nothing.

xxste92xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xxste92xx
[QUOTE="xxste92xx"][QUOTE="craigalan23"][QUOTE="xxste92xx"][QUOTE="craigalan23"][QUOTE="DataDream"]

In a word...

NO.

craigalan23

When finding more about your father hack his terminal but still go out to get the drug addicts caps. You get the information and 300 free caps for doing nothing.

done that any others and as you played alot more of the game than me what would you sujest me doing to level up and enjoie the game more, btw thanks you for your help :D
Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts

I had high hopes

And it well exceeded expectations

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 craigalan23
The survival guide is a long side quest that isn't super hard and fits perfectly for your level. Running around Megaton with a melee weapon to beat the easy creatures then just going into your home to rest then repeat. Since you'll be well rested you'll get a bonus in your experience for a while.
n_kors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 n_kors
Member since 2005 • 1785 Posts
what? no. Your the second person I've heard complaining about ammo. Either your at the beginning of the game or you just suck. Are you using VATS? Because the game is near impossible to beat without it. I haven't had ammo issues at all.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i still want to pick it up
eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#24 eXists
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
[QUOTE="xxste92xx"]

i found oblivion to be more fun,better locations, better missions and the storys that went with them plus more choice in armor and items.

i found that most of the people in fallout 3 had very little personality and the map altho big very boring to explore

and lastly the issue with ammo , u run out really quick ! which i find spoiles the fun and means having to go back and get some before u get killed.

Unfortunately I kinda agree with you, it's just Oblivion and feels emptier too, I'm becoming less and less patient with reading options of text and answering, guess RPGs are getting boring to me, they really have only done a paint job, same engine, same everything except for presentation, combat a bit better but that's about it. Still haven't played much but undewhelmed and seems the reviews are being too kind.
hornymushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hornymushroom
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
I feel the same way. The environment look exactly the same throughout. Charectors are all shallow and act the same. Glitches but thats expetable due to games size. Traders caps limit is way to low. Not enough weapons and armor. Level cap is way to low. Im very dissapointed :(
Microdevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Microdevine
Member since 2008 • 1126 Posts
not at all.im loving it and its probably my favorite game this year.either that or gta 4.plus i never played oblivion so them being similar wouldnt hinder my experience at all.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

I like it. I don't think its perfect, but its pretty fun. I haven't had issues with the ammo yet. I think you're playing it like a FPS rather than a RPG.

I can agree with the personality of most people who give you quest. They're like your typical JRPG npc, but I play JRPGs so I used to it. Honestly, compared to other genres they have way more personality.

My main issue is them throwing in too much M-rated stuff and trying to pass it off as maturity. I've haven't heard that many f bombs since high school and the constant slow mo exploding heads seems like something designed for 14 year olds and people who think Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street are cinematic masterpieces.

I also don't like that all the responses are over the top. Its easy rainbows lolipops and sunshine or ridiculously jerk. Theres almost no middle ground at all.

But those things are pretty minor when I think about the overall quality of the game and the fun I have playing it.

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts
I think its amazing. it's a lot better then Oblivion. It lives up to the Fallout name imo. Best RPG to release since Tales.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts
I was excepting not to care for it, but I'm having a great time
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

[QUOTE="Holopaw"]Hah, is this a joke? Fallout 3 owns, you need to go to bed.xxste92xx
instead of say childish little comments maybe you could do something constructive like help people enjoie the game like everyone eles, gess some people.

The most constructive thing I would like to see is improvement in your spelling. It's painful to decipher...(sorry, I'm in a grumpy mood)

But with Fallout 3...how are you having trouble with ammo? There's ammo littered everywhere! You find ammo on enemies and in shops as well.

If you are wandering too far away from where you should be (level-wise in the earlier parts of the game) you should stick to the main quest and/or the numerous side quests offered to you upon speaking to townsfolk. When you complete side-quests, you usually get a really good amount of experience and bonus items that make the game more forgiving, also the enemies you battle in most of the side quests aren't really that tough, so it helps you level up early on.

Also, make sure to take advantage of the targeting system. It helps conserve ammo in a big way. If you try to play Fallout 3 treating it like it's a Halo game, you're going to fail big time.

I hope that helps.

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts

im not disappointed because i wasn't expecting much its an ok game, i think the combat system kind of sucks and the vat thing gets old real quick and there isn't as much variety in combat system as there was in oblivion.

the outdoor locations are nice. my biggest complaint has to be the god awful animations i mean its been a while since oblivion the bars been raised. fallout 3 has some of the worst animation in a current gen title i've seen.

and seeing as the games all about atmosphere, this seems like a big deal. as far as atmosphere goes everything else music environment everything works great but the animation just kills it for me.

all in all its a good game about what i expected

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

God no! I love this game!

Better than Oblivion! My only complaint is I find going through the metro system tedious. I dread going down there (partially because of the tedium, and partially because I'm always under equipped :P)

p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts

xxste92xx
I disagree Fallout 3 is a great game, if you want to save bullets aim for the head and use melee weapons I took down a super mutant with a combat knife
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

yes i have, i just fed up with trying to explore and getting killed bye everything, and i have to stress agen the ammo issue just irrates mexxste92xx

i just think you suck at the game, lol
you can set the difficulty level setting to very easy if you keep getting pwned.
so basically i disagree with you 100%, i doubt you have played very much of the game, it has a great story, the world feels alive, and you can get attached to characters, but you can run out of ammo pretty fast...but hey wait! you are in a ruined land of waste that was destroyed in a nuclear war, your not going to have very many resources, and if you do, like ammo..they will come in small numbers.

this game is great though, i would give it a 9.7 out of 10, but gamespot only let me go to a 9.5 or a 10, so i chose 9.5

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts
fallout 3 is easily over hyped, so you can expect some people not to like the game me personally doesn't like anything about the game, but that aint stopping other people from expericening the "adventure" and "fun" they may get from it.