Anybody think FEAR 2 will only be worth renting?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sparda012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 sparda012
Member since 2006 • 2045 Posts
The single player looks great but probbaly for the first 2 play throughs. Also the multiplayer most likely wont be great. What are your thoughts on it looking like it is worth only renting or buying?
bluemistake2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bluemistake2
Member since 2008 • 239 Posts
The single player looks great but probbaly for the first 2 play throughs. Also the multiplayer most likely wont be great. What are your thoughts on it looking like it is worth only renting or buying?sparda012
i'd say rent it and if its good enough buy it
LaLeishtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 LaLeishtek
Member since 2006 • 51 Posts
rent it (or scam it off a friend for a few days). Ya never know when the critics are wrong & your brain really DIGS a good game.
sparda012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sparda012
I would like to know how the multiplayer was for the first FEAR.
georgeverity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 georgeverity
Member since 2005 • 1234 Posts
most of these questions should be answered tomorrow when the demo is released.
axeman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 axeman87
Member since 2006 • 999 Posts

These days I rent EVERY game first. Seriously, games are like $120 a pop in some stores. Theres no way I am paying that wthout playing it first. Retailers need to smarten up and have the latest games on playable display for this very reason.

But anyway....when F.E.A.R first game out on PC it was friggin amazing, and was one of the must have games. The port to the consoles didnt work mainly because of the hardware, and in the short time it was ported to the console, games had allready copied a lot of key features from this game so on the console it felt a little tired. On a high end PC though, this game is outstanding, but I dont think they were experienced enough to port it to the console succesfully at the time. I have a copy on PC and tried it on X360 and it sucked on console.

If they can find the magic that was the first FEAR, then this game will be a keeper, of course one of the key elements of this game can never be in multi-player (bullet time) so Im not so sure about replay value.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
I'll check the reviews first, but I'll most likely be buying it. Its one of the few games this year that I'm truly looking forward to.
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
I would like to know how the multiplayer was for the first FEAR.sparda012
Multi on the first F.E.A.R. in my personal opinion was a fantastic mix between CoD4 and Halo.
sparda012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sparda012

These days I rent EVERY game first. Seriously, games are like $120 a pop in some stores. Theres no way I am paying that wthout playing it first. Retailers need to smarten up and have the latest games on playable display for this very reason.

But anyway....when F.E.A.R first game out on PC it was friggin amazing, and was one of the must have games. The port to the consoles didnt work mainly because of the hardware, and in the short time it was ported to the console, games had allready copied a lot of key features from this game so on the console it felt a little tired. On a high end PC though, this game is outstanding, but I dont think they were experienced enough to port it to the console succesfully at the time. I have a copy on PC and tried it on X360 and it sucked on console.

If they can find the magic that was the first FEAR, then this game will be a keeper, of course one of the key elements of this game can never be in multi-player (bullet time) so Im not so sure about replay value.

axeman87
$120? games are $63 including tax.
djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
^^^ what he said
axeman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 axeman87

/\ /\ /\ Not in Australia friends....

Here in Aussie land, most games retail for $99. In stores like Harvey Norman games are $119. Even saw Assassins Creed the other day, STILL selling for $119. Of course, you have to be an absolute chump to buy an X360 from there. But there on the shelf at that price thats for sure.

sparda012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sparda012

Here in Aussie land, most games retail for $99. In stores like Harvey Norman games are $119. Even saw Assassins Creed the other day, STILL selling for $119. Of course, you have to be an absolute chump to buy an X360 from there. But there on the shelf at that price thats for sure.

axeman87
O. that is really expensive. i would only buy 2 games a year if they were that much in America.
jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
i think we have to wait for the reviews, prob only worth a rent though
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
Provided the SP lives up to the first,I'd say it's worth buying.I've beaten FEAR 1's campaign 11 times.I started my 12th recently,to reminisce...and it's still very fun after all these years.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#15 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts
F.E.A.R2 will be a definite purchase for me....maybe not a day 1 purchase but an eventual purchase.I think the 1st F.E.A.R's single player was awsome and the multiplayer was ''OK" but not over whelming.
Guntrix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Guntrix7
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts

Nope. I will never even lay my eyes on another FEAR game again.

Alma from the first FEAR still haunts me to this day.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#17 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Nope. I will never even lay my eyes on another FEAR game again.

Alma from the first FEAR still haunts me to this day.

Guntrix7

LOL...sissy!!!! Just kidding:)

alvin201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 alvin201
Member since 2007 • 457 Posts
Pretty sure its worth a rent
grubes26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19 grubes26
Member since 2008 • 88 Posts
definite purchase for me as well, preordered it!!
her_words_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 her_words_kill
Member since 2008 • 124 Posts

I just downloaded and played the demo from LIVE about an hour ago. I think it will be worth a purchase, I really enjoyed the demo! n__n

Atreyu606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Atreyu606
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts
I got in on pre order and I think the game is going to be bloody amazing so I recommend buying it
Avatar image for ilplaynebody510
ilplaynebody510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ilplaynebody510
Member since 2005 • 673 Posts
From what i read a while back even..That the developers wont just PORT this adition over. So i think its a good game...I really enjoyed the demo..Its somthing different from all the war shooters...Not saying that those genres are bad...Just been playing them for a while.
GearsFanaticX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GearsFanaticX
Member since 2009 • 103 Posts
[QUOTE="axeman87"]

sparda012
O. that is really expensive. i would only buy 2 games a year if they were that much in America.

wow tht is expesnive
axeman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 axeman87
just played the demo. Holy **** do they know how to scare the **** out of people, I actually hade chills running up my spine, but....its all been done before, it was sooooo meh, and I am now officially addicted to the cover system. Any game without it seems kinda old and dated now to me, I just find that it lends so much to realism and world involvment....but thats just me...
dombrow3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dombrow3
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

The single player looks great but probbaly for the first 2 play throughs. Also the multiplayer most likely wont be great. What are your thoughts on it looking like it is worth only renting or buying?sparda012

I enjoyed the first game so much back in 2005, I will buy on loyalty. The multiplayer would keep me entertained for 1.5 years and I would laugh myself to sleep. Now being that this game is on XBOX 360, multiplayer probably wont be used as much as it will on the PC. PC = better controls and graphics. i will dabble in MP, but mostly enjoy the single player campaign. Probably rent it if your looking to complete the story. Buy if you enjoy MP and single player.