Any good arcade fighting games? or even regular fighting games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

0ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 0ds
Member since 2009 • 254 Posts

Im looking to pick up a good fighting game, never play them too much but I love them. What are my options? Whats the best? Also Im not looking to spend 60 bucks, so anything around 30ish or under would be better. Thanks guys! =)

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#2 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
BlazBlue is really good. You might be able to get it for $40. You can get the Street Fighter HD game on the XBLA, I think it is $15.
icedout06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 icedout06
Member since 2003 • 305 Posts
ultimate mk3 on the xbla has an active community and its a classic game u might also want to try mortal kombat vs dc(game disc) , super street fighter 2 hd (xbla) mk vs dc is about 25 bucks now, and the other 2 u can find on the xbla for less than 20
0ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 0ds

Sweet, I will def have to check those out. Thanks for the feedback

HelpItPlease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HelpItPlease
Member since 2006 • 589 Posts

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is probably the best fighting game ever made, which you can find on XBLA. I would also try Virtua Fighter 5 which u can get for around $15 used

sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sourcerah
Member since 2003 • 1214 Posts

Im looking to pick up a good fighting game, never play them too much but I love them. What are my options? Whats the best? Also Im not looking to spend 60 bucks, so anything around 30ish or under would be better. Thanks guys! =)

0ds
You can find used copies of Dead or Alive 4, Virtua Fighter 5, Street Fighter4, and Soul Calibur 4 for under $30... I've seen Blazblue for around $40... As far as XBLA, you can choose from Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, and Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting... I own all of them except for Blazblue, VF5, and DoA 4, but I believe all are quality fighting games, it just depends on what type your looking for... I did not like the fact that Mortal Kombat vs DC did not have fatalities for all of the characters so I chose not to play that. I heard that the game play wasn't that great either. I'm a fighting game fan so i will get it eventually, but not for over $20. I would reccomend any of the other games I mentioned earlier before MK vs DC Universe.
sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sourcerah

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is probably the best fighting game ever made, which you can find on XBLA. I would also try Virtua Fighter 5 which u can get for around $15 used

HelpItPlease
I don't know how I forgot MvsC2 since I own 3 copies of the game... definitely one of the best fighting games ever made.
0ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 0ds

Cool cool, also another thing. Are most fighting games pretty easy to use the xbox controller? Or should I look into a joystick? or fight pad? any suggestions on that?

0ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 0ds

I think I might pick up Marvel Vs Capcom 2 soon, and I think I might pre-order Super Street Fighter IV in the next month or so as well =)

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
[QUOTE="HelpItPlease"]

sourcerah
I don't know how I forgot MvsC2 since I own 3 copies of the game... definitely one of the best fighting games ever made.

I forgot it too and I also own that one and am getting the new game for the Wii Tatsu vs Capcom. I recommend Soul Caliber 1 (XBLA), Soul Caliber 4, Street Fighter 2 HD (XBLA), BlazBlue (more people need to play this), Mortal Kombat vs DC (I hate Mortal Kombat but just for the story), and Marvel vs Capcom 2 (XBLA).

Cool cool, also another thing. Are most fighting games pretty easy to use the xbox controller?

Seems to work ok. Joystick is always nice to have but you will want to get a good one and those seems to cost about $100 and up, so if you are just getting into fighting games I would just use the controller. For BlazBlue I am unable to do some of the special moves on the PS3 controller, I don't know why, its easy to do but it isn't working I don't know if it is the controller or not or how the 360 controller will work compared to to PS3 one.
sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sourcerah

Cool cool, also another thing. Are most fighting games pretty easy to use the xbox controller? Or should I look into a joystick? or fight pad? any suggestions on that?

0ds
I am comfortable using the analog stick on the 360 but a fightstick is alway superior IMO. There has been people on this site that complain about the d-pad, but I never use it for fighting games because I'm more accurate with the analog stick. The d-pad also irritates my thumbs when I play for an extended period of time. I just got the Tekken 6 Limited Edition that comes with the game and a Hori fightstick for less than $70 at Amazon.com. Considering it was 56% off of the retail price, I got it mostly because of the deal rather than me wanting a fightstick. I believe the Mad Catz SF4 torney stick ($140) is the best quality stick available. I also saw that online a little over a month ago for $70 and I think I should've purchased it then. There are also fightpads available for SF4 but I never used them. To me, a controller is a controller. There are people that do believe they are better than the standard 360 controller.

I think I might pick up Marvel Vs Capcom 2 soon, and I think I might pre-order Super Street Fighter IV in the next month or so as well =)

0ds
I think that buying MvC2 for now and picking up SSF4 in a few months would be a wise decision. Thinking about it now, I don't think purchasing SF4 now would be worth it considering SSF4 is coming out in a few months and it will only be about $35. That is, since you are thinking about buying SSF4
sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sourcerah
[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"][QUOTE="sourcerah"][QUOTE="HelpItPlease"]

I forgot it too and I also own that one and am getting the new game for the Wii Tatsu vs Capcom. I recommend Soul Caliber 1 (XBLA), Soul Caliber 4, Street Fighter 2 HD (XBLA), BlazBlue (more people need to play this), Mortal Kombat vs DC (I hate Mortal Kombat but just for the story), and Marvel vs Capcom 2 (XBLA).

Cool cool, also another thing. Are most fighting games pretty easy to use the xbox controller?

Seems to work ok. Joystick is always nice to have but you will want to get a good one and those seems to cost about $100 and up, so if you are just getting into fighting games I would just use the controller. For BlazBlue I am unable to do some of the special moves on the PS3 controller, I don't know why, its easy to do but it isn't working I don't know if it is the controller or not or how the 360 controller will work compared to to PS3 one.

I forgot about the 1st Soul Calibur on XBLA. I didn't buy it since I already have it on Dreamcast as well as SC4 on 360. It's still a great game worth the reccomendation. I'll also be getting Tatsu vs. Capcom for Wii. I was thinking about getting the fightstick from gamestop for $70. It looks sooo tempting. Especially since I don't know how a wii fighting game is gonna be on the wiimote. I hope you can use a gamecube controller.
0ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 0ds

Dang thanks for all the great feedback. Wow tekken 6 with a fightstick for 70 bucks! I was playing that game earlier today and it was quite fun. I might look into that. And yes I think I will def pick up Super Street Fighter 4 when it comes out. and yeah its like 39.99 on release date but ill probably be able to get it cheaper on amazon. Also what have you heard about the Microsoft FightStickm EX 2? It's like 50 bucks brand new off amazon. I was thinking about picking that up...

I'm really excited to pick up a couple fighting games. I Havnt played much of them except with friends. I'm starting to enjoy them a lot now.

lime_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 lime_93
Member since 2007 • 602 Posts
Blazblue is the best fighting game on the Xbox 360 hands down unfortunately it's $50 at gamestop but i would spend an extra $30 on it it is just so awesome
grizzlybear1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 grizzlybear1
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

The best fighter available is Soul Calbur 4. It beats ay 2-D fighter out there because it has more depth and ways to fight you can use more tactics and its more realisticthe moves are awesome its easy to pick up and play and has a good learning curve.

Its easily the most advanced and bestfighter ever made. Although if you dont play online you wont get the same expieriance, all about the online battles.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Please use the Game Recommendation Thread for all questions about what game to get. Thanks.