another subjet on 65nm,..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fazio93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 160

User Lists: 0

#1 fazio93
Member since 2005 • 2940 Posts
i know this is yet another subject on the 65nm prossceor chip. i just wanna wat u ppl think. how do u think ms will distribute, but more importantly how will they deal w/ ppl who already own a 360. if someone's 90nm 360 breaks, do u think they will send a new one with the 65nm? just wondering?
Infected_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Infected_Z
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts
If yours breaks they probs wont send you a 65 nM one since they will have older ones to get rid off first.
fazio93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fazio93

If yours breaks they probs wont send you a 65 nM one since they will have older ones to get rid off first.Infected_Z

how about after they get rid of those?

Grende1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Grende1
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
They will for sure send you a unit that is least likely to need to get replaced, which in this case would be a unit with the newest hardware revision. This is a business and business is about making money. The more units MS has to replace, the more money they spend (less profits they make). Their goal, obviously, is for units to never break down while covered by a warranty, this saves them money and reputation. This is why I always find it funny when people claim that companies don't care about if their product breaks when covered by a warranty. Look how much MS predicts their mistake will cost, 1.08 billion dollars. I'm sure they'd like to reduce that as much as possible. One way to do that is to make sure the replacement won't need to get replaced.
fazio93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fazio93

They will for sure send you a unit that is least likely to need to get replaced, which in this case would be a unit with the newest hardware revision. This is a business and business is about making money. The more units MS has to replace, the more money they spend (less profits they make). Their goal, obviously, is for units to never break down while covered by a warranty, this saves them money and reputation. This is why I always find it funny when people claim that companies don't care about if their product breaks when covered by a warranty. Look how much MS predicts their mistake will cost, 1.08 billion dollars. I'm sure they'd like to reduce that as much as possible. One way to do that is to make sure the replacement won't need to get replaced.Grende1

awesome, so if my elite craps out (hopefully not), i can get an updated 360 (cooler and quite)

Grende1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Grende1
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts

awesome, so if my elite craps out (hopefully not), i can get an updated 360 (cooler and quite)

fazio93

Well, I'm not MS, but that only makes sense. The idea of business is to make money. What some people don't realize is that this hardware f.up is costing MS a lot, not only in potential sales do to loss of rep, but also in the shear amount of money they have to spend to fix the problem. Sony didn't do nearly this much with the PS2 disaster, waiting until they got sued to do anything at all, and lucky for them the PS2 went on to sell like hotcakes. So, while I give MS credit for stepping up, they still are going to do things to reduce the cost. Logically, not replacing bad units with bad units is a good step. That's why, IMO, this 3 year warranty is so great. IF my unit does crap out, I get a better one for free. Also, by offering the 3 year warranty, MS can't afford to ship shoddy units, since they are fronting the bill if they do, so this forces them to fix the problems ASAP. A 3 yr warranty is nearly unheard of for electronics. Figuring that consoles last typically 5-6 years before the next one comes out, this 360 warranty covers the 360 for half of its lifespan. Of course, not making this mistake in the first place would have been best, but what's done is done, and they way MS has handled it, IMO, is great.