Another Bad MS Repair Story

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for miguel_69692003
miguel_69692003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 miguel_69692003
Member since 2003 • 127 Posts

OK, it all started when I noticed my 360 was scratching the hell out of my games, so i called up MS, played the phone game and they sent me a box two days later. Ok I get a system back 5 days later (Refurbed one, I live in Canada) plug it in and in the first 5 minuets reliaze it's making a weird sound. I ignore it hopng for the best, three RockBand song's later it stops playing the game all together, won't play any of my games, (And yes X-BOX lady on the phone I did try the damn thing with and without the harddrive).

OK so now I call them, play the damn phone game again "Oh WOW I get to pick a budget title because you guy's screwed up? OK SWEET" not really but whatever, 4 games to pick from all I remember is I picked PGR3. And Oh WOW another one month 360 gold membership! YIPPY. Ok enough with the sacrcasm, but the lady did tell me they would be sending a NEW 360 not a refurbed one, which is what they should of done in the first place.

OK, so they send me another box 2 days later I do what I gotta do and send it back. 4 days later (I had sent it right before the Easter break) I get the box back, in the morning. The dude woke me up, I signed the thing in my boxers went back to sleep. Later on I notice, IT'S THE SAME BOX I HAD SENT OUT! Turns out the postage stamp they gave me was adressed to MYSELF not to them. I just got off the phone with another MS lady saying how disappointed I was with there repair service, now she has to send me another box so I can do this whole dance over again. PLEASE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER MS!!!!!

Spartans_317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Spartans_317
Member since 2007 • 364 Posts
Suck to be you.
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts
IT'S THE SAME BOX I HAD SENT OUT! Turns out the postage stamp they gave me was adressed to MYSELF not to them.miguel_69692003
How did you not notice this? Well, there goes the stories that it's not true that 360 can scratch the hell out of your games. Mine chewed up my Gears Of War, but that's OK, I just didn't like the game and would prefer to jump up and down. Since I have no warranty on mine, I did a little MOD inside the DVD drive, to prevent further scratching fom happening.
Haeravon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Haeravon
Member since 2004 • 764 Posts
My first 360 had a sweet tooth for Oblivion. I didn't have any trouble getting it replaced, but it's definitely a myth that some 360's don't eat discs.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

OK, it all started when I noticed my 360 was scratching the hell out of my games, so i called up MS, played the phone game and they sent me a box two days later. Ok I get a system back 5 days later (Refurbed one, I live in Canada) plug it in and in the first 5 minuets reliaze it's making a weird sound. I ignore it hopng for the best, three RockBand song's later it stops playing the game all together, won't play any of my games, (And yes X-BOX lady on the phone I did try the damn thing with and without the harddrive).

miguel_69692003

Maybe that's why.

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts
I wouldn't get your hopes up for a new 360. I asked for one after the refurbished one they sent me lasted about a week and the MS rep said they can't guarantee a new one.
Muhannad_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Muhannad_basic
Member since 2002 • 3687 Posts
not that worst repair story I heard, but still sucks to be you!