Annoying things in MW2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cyrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Cyrime
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Im not going to complain about the javelin glitch/nukes. What im mostly annoyed by is akimbo rangers, and people doing private matches to get the akimbo rangers. i dont whine about it, im just saying it's annoying lol I've NEVER, ever.. seen a person with a single ranger. Not once after weeks of playing. So people are probably doing private matches and what i also hate is the m16.. 1 burst and boom, dead. Takes half a second to kill a person in my opinion m16's damage needs to be reduced and ranger's range has to be reduced also
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

o you haven't meet the model 1887 yet. one shot kill and you can be a good distance away. atleast with the ranger you have to be pretty close.

but if you look pretty much every gun is a 3 shot kill. if i had to take a guess your not level 40 yet.

STARXWOLF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 STARXWOLF
Member since 2009 • 758 Posts

o you haven't meet the model 1887 yet. one shot kill and you can be a good distance away. atleast with the ranger you have to be pretty close.

but if you look pretty much every gun is a 3 shot kill. if i had to take a guess your not level 40 yet.

James161324

OMG! haha....i hate the model with a passion!

Cheesemanook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cheesemanook
Member since 2009 • 226 Posts
i can't tell you how much i hate campers. >:(
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Lag and glitchers. >_>
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

While it's not annoying, I never understood why in the SP, in the US missions how none of the houses had hinges on the door frames, or even broken down doors.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#7 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Getting sniped at the very beginning of the match fresh from spawn. Never previously happened to me in any other game until Modern Warfare 2. Talk about poor map layout.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
akimbo rangers need to be seriously toned down, mainly the range
BlueCoopsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 BlueCoopsy
Member since 2008 • 996 Posts

Lag

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#10 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

Yeah, the Akimbo Models are the most frustrating thing in the game for me. Campers usually go back to the same spot every time so they are free kills, doesn't really bother me.

Yankees718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Yankees718
Member since 2009 • 1033 Posts

Yea models akimbo fail for me. Their range is like 10000x the range from shotguns in cod4.....oh and javelin glitchers

Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#12 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
The range on the model 1887's are annoying, but I like them. Also, just because you never see a single range doesn't mean that people don't use them. It only takes like 20 kills (I think) to get the akimbo rangers so it's not like they have to get 500 kills or something to get them. The m16 with stopping power is pretty deadly, but the ACR is better, as it has almost no recoil and can fire a whole clip, not just burst fire.
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
too many to list
Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts
From what I've played the akimbo shotguns are a pain in the ass. To be honest though real life shotguns do have better range than most games give them credit. You definitely couldn't dual wield a damn shotgun though. Besides reloading two shotguns would take forever. I can't wait for Bad Company 2... as far as I know there are no "akimbo" weapons in it.
hobo290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 hobo290
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts

1887's Akimbo.

Stopping Power.

M16.(overpowered)

ACR. (because of no recoil)

How most guns have little recoil....

Soapweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Soapweed
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts

They need to get rid of akimbo and the 1887. The Ranger too... the idea of dual wielding shotguns is ridiculous and stupid.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Ranger takes 10 kills for akimbo.. not that hard..

M16 Rarely takes 1 burst I usually do 2-3 burst sometimes 4 to kill somebody.

and rangers aren't long range at all, there perfect. from clip size to range etc.

Just wait till you see the model 1887's

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Here are my complants

Model 1887 to much range.

You have to camp to have a good k to d or win in TDM.

Random noobs who kill you with a noob tube. or a famas.

People for some reason kill you over and over agian.

i am usually alone and get hit by so many preadtor missles. some time the guy could get a easy double. either i have a homing beacon or i piss people off

The chopper gunner pisses me off to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts

I'm not going to lie, I use the M16.:| And it's a lot harder to use than any other Assault Rifle. I can get kills with it, but not as many as a full auto. Just saying.

But to contribute to this thread, Dual Rangers/Model 1887 need to be toned down. You turn around a corner, and you're smoked. I hate that.

And with campers... Im not soo touchy on it. At least they're not moving as much and you can either pick them off, or get them from behind.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts

You have to camp to have a good k to d or win in TDM.

James161324

um.. you really don't. I went 44 and 12 today going around with my Barret and Raffica's. I wasn't camping either. I was sprinting around like Rambo.

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
They also need to make it less laggy!
Soapweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Soapweed

TDM is pretty boring. I usually play Domination, Headquarters, or S&D. That way people are moving around.

Stashbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Stashbash
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

I'm sure I read an OXM article detailing that IF are toning down the Akimbo Models in the next patch along with some kind of infinite ammo glitch. I don't really have a problem with MW2 multi-player, apart from the ACR has so little recoil on it. Still, I'm enjoying it more than COD4 and the feeling when you're cruising around in a chopper gunner is awesome :P

name294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 name294
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts
akimbo models. I think IW should remove all akimbo attachments on shotguns. i use to love the game a lot, but for some reason, don't enjoy it anymore
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
Akimbo 1887's and lag/latency... I hate their server.
mack10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 mack10
Member since 2002 • 12394 Posts
I hated the 1887s til i got to play with them, and its easy to get akimbo for them and the first few games i played with them i hit a new killstreak of 44 in a game i went 54-4 and the next few games i went 50+ kills and a few deaths. I'll be first to say they're the cheapest guns around (well not first really, but i mean in spite of my success with them)...these guns need to be nerfed for sure, i love them and hate them at the same time...its like guilty pleasure.
zeorshadow19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zeorshadow19
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts

My nat is set to "open" and more and more often it's getting difficult to get into a free for all match right away.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#28 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

- Akimbo Models

- The fact that the game likes to spawn you in front of enemies or spawn an enemy right next to you

- The F2000, worst assault rifle ever!

- The fact that the maps are too big to use SMG' s effectivley

- Campers

- semtex grenades (the fuse is short)

- Tactical Knife users

- The broken matchmaking that constanly loves to place you in a glitched or private match, I can' t even play Team Tactical anymore

tomrocks666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tomrocks666
Member since 2005 • 3569 Posts

i just play hardcore team deathmatch now to avoid playing with annoying people. plus its much more fun and tactical.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

M16 Rarely takes 1 burst I usually do 2-3 burst sometimes 4 to kill somebody.Wakanoid
It's a one burst kill with stopping power but it doesn't really take that much to kill someone in this game anyway. The only gun that annoys me is the model because its range is ridiculous.

The thing that annoys me the most is how unbalanced the maps(Not to mention most of them just plain suck) are and how horrible the respawns are. When I joined a match in Rust I was literally backstabbed in less than 1 second. I'm not even exaggerating as soon as I picked my cl@ss it was an instant death.

I just don't get how so many people love IW because this game has so many flaws it just amazes me. I learned my lesson with this game and now I know to always avoid IW games. The best thing is joining a game that is basically over. Who wants to play a game for ten seconds or only two more kills?

RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RAMRODtheMASTER

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]M16 Rarely takes 1 burst I usually do 2-3 burst sometimes 4 to kill somebody.craigalan23

It's a one burst kill with stopping power but it doesn't really take that much to kill someone in this game anyway. The only gun that annoys me is the model because its range is ridiculous.

The thing that annoys me the most is how unbalanced the maps(Not to mention most of them just plain suck) are and how horrible the respawns are. When I joined a match in Rust I was literally backstabbed in less than 1 second. I'm not even exaggerating as soon as I picked my cl@ss it was an instant death.

I just don't get how so many people love IW because this game has so many flaws it just amazes me. I learned my lesson with this game and now I know to always avoid IW games. The best thing is joining a game that is basically over. Who wants to play a game for ten seconds or only two more kills?

Don't worry Bad Company 2 is coming soon. There will finally be a good game to play. I agree with you hate MW2 for all the same reasons as you and that's why I won't buy it. In the end it's a pretty good thing that I played it at my buddy's before I bought it.
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

this game showed me how vengeful people are. Everyone will always try to avenge their kill.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

this game showed me how vengeful people are. Everyone will always try to avenge their kill.

iloverikku11
avenge kill = more points
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts

For starters,the game is unbalanced as hell compared to CoD4.

1.Horrible map design.For example,on Highrise: At the beginning of every round,or match,you can just spawn-snipe people through the windows immediantly,seriously,how is that even fair?

2.Akimbo 1887's and Rangers,plus the fact that for some crazy reason,they decided to have shotguns as a secondary weapon in the first place.

3.Allowing AC 130's,Chopper gunners,or any type of high kill streak into Search and Destroy.This pissed me off the most,since S&D is the only gametype I play.Those killstreaks just ruin the ENTIRE idea of S&D.In CoD4,they did NOT allow anything higher than an Airstrike.Plus,your Kill streak got reset at each round in CoD4.In MW2...it doesn't.It's really just game-breaking.S&D is supposed to be tactical.

4.The allowance of more than one aircraft-based killstreak at once: Now this is just ridiculous.In CoD4,it was perfect.If someone had say,a helicopter;no one else could call in their killstreak except for a UAV until that Helicopter was finished and gone.But now in MW2,you can have 50 billion AC130's and Choppers gunners in the air at once! It's just so stupid they'd even think of unbalancing the game like this.

There's so many more complaints I have about this game,but I don't feel like listing them all.I did all 10 prestiges n CoD4,and played for over 400 hours.I'm already sick to death of MW2.It's just annoying how IW is so incoherent and ruined a perfectly good multiplayer game.

lecramstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lecramstar
Member since 2007 • 245 Posts

I hate

Akimbo Model 1887

thats it :P

C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts

my biggest complaints are:

1) campers

2) very inconsistent knifing (the system is broken)

C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts

I hate

Akimbo Model 1887

thats it :P

lecramstar
they already nerfed it with the lastest patch.
sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sourcerah
Member since 2003 • 1214 Posts
I don't like the fact that I can shoot someone and as I'm shooting them they can run right up to me and shank me as if they weren't just getting hit by bullets.
famoussasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 famoussasjohn
Member since 2009 • 230 Posts
akimbo rangers need to be seriously toned down, mainly the rangechaoscougar1
you might be referring to the Models, because the akimbo rangers do not have range, you still gotta be rather close to kill someone..
famoussasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 famoussasjohn
Member since 2009 • 230 Posts
I don't like the fact that I can shoot someone and as I'm shooting them they can run right up to me and shank me as if they weren't just getting hit by bullets.sourcerah
I believe commando has got to go. me and a buddy were doing a test to see how far people can be and get a knife kill with it on..he lunged from about 15 feet and was like he glided across the ground at 100MPH at me. atleast make it balanced to where if we are shooting at them, they atleast somewhat get hurt, or killed. especially when that kill cam is showing bullets going through their chest
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#41 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

my only complaint is the akimbo rangers and 1887 dualers

oh, and the single player is crap....however everything else is awesome =)

blkgto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#42 blkgto
Member since 2005 • 811 Posts

I made it to the mid 40's and I have not played it in like 3 weeks. I'm thinking about trading it in because, amongst the myriads of problems everyone is complaining about here, I realized once you took away the nonsense bs like pave lows and harriers (I would rather fly it myself with a gunner bfbc2 anyone?) your left with a ranking system and a mp game that has not changed at all since the first CoD. I dont mean to upset anyone but calling in a bot to do your killing for you is lame.

Soapweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Soapweed

I think akimbo should only apply to pistols, m pistols, and a few smgs. Dual Wielding shotguns is something for Duke Nukem. Not some random soldier or mercenary.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]M16 Rarely takes 1 burst I usually do 2-3 burst sometimes 4 to kill somebody.craigalan23

Stopping power + fmj would take 2 burst - 3 .. if i'm close enough 1 though, other guns are just as good, I think the m16 is kind of crappy..

I'd rather use the tar or scar.. :\ or the ump and i don't get how people think rangers are op, I have em, I don't think that there good...

I think there kind of crappy.

RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RAMRODtheMASTER

I made it to the mid 40's and I have not played it in like 3 weeks. I'm thinking about trading it in because, amongst the myriads of problems everyone is complaining about here, I realized once you took away the nonsense bs like pave lows and harriers (I would rather fly it myself with a gunner bfbc2 anyone?) your left with a ranking system and a mp game that has not changed at all since the first CoD. I dont mean to upset anyone but calling in a bot to do your killing for you is lame.

blkgto

Bad Company 2 is gonna be epic.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

yeah they need to fix the glicthing and hacking and also the 1887s because you can basically snipe with them. Also you really don't have to have good aim with them either many times have i seen kill cams where they were aiming nowhere near the person and still got the kill.

The other stuff though i don't agree with. I and everyone i play with play mostly lag free games i would say about 90% which is a miracle when compared to alot of other games. People complain about the air strikes and stuff but its very easy to hide or have a cold blooded class setup in just in case. Commando is annoying when used with lightweight and marathon but it isn't cheap. Ive killed many people trying to knife me with commando and they usually don't have stopping power or slight of aim on with it which makes them easier to kill. Or you can use a heartbeat sensor and they will never be able to sneak up on you. There is no one gun to rule them all in this game. You can be a killing machine with anything so gun balance isnt an issue. As for the campers there are alot but they can be beat and i have done so many times.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

You know what I find annoying about MW2?...all the people that complain about it.

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
I don't like the glitch matches I randomly join sometimes, the other day on domination you had unlimited everything, and could rapid fire noob tubes....it was fun, but I don't want to be blamed for something I didn't even know was possible.