And another E3 has gone

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZamboniGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ZamboniGamer
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts

Even though I wasn't expecting much, I came away bored. Thoughts?

schizo_talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 schizo_talon
Member since 2010 • 249 Posts

ZamboniGamer
South Park looked like it might be a fun game.
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#3 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14422 Posts

Surpisingly good. I wasn't expecting as many games as there were. Halo 4, Forza Horizon, Gears of War Judgement, Tomb Raider, those 3 world premiere exclusives, South Park, Black Ops 2, and Dance Central 3.

Forza Horizon is my highlight of the show.

wiicube64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wiicube64
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

Way too much Kinect. Xbox SmartGlass sounds like something I would personally never use, I don't want to get interrupted and have to read something if I'm watching a movie on my Xbox (which would probably never happen in the first place). However, Tomb Raider looked great and easily took the show.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

New intuitive ways to utilize your console should have been saved for a different presentation.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Once again at a Microsoft E3 press conference, the only games that interested me are multiplat games. Tomb Raider and Resi 6 to be exact.

The services were ok.

Kinect stuff is...well, Kinect stuff.

Beyond the usual Halo, Gears, Forza and Fable sequels, exclusives (as in new exclusive IP's) were pretty much non-existent once again.

All in all, another year, another multi-plat heavy MS E3 presser to me. I love 3rd party games, but I tune in to see the exclusives that will carry the system. As usual, MS had little to show of its own (as in new, exclusive IP's).

I might be more disappointed if I actually had any expectations but, sadly, MS has given me little reason to have any. Their E3 '12 event didn't change that feeling for me.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

That was just an ok to bad presser. Splinter cell looked good, halo 4 felt like metroid, tomb raider looked good, and COD is COD. Everything else was not to my liking (expect usher, I like usher). I hope other pressers are better.

Also where the hell is Rare? I thought they would be mentioned or show something. I am very sad about that.

SGTDucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SGTDucks
Member since 2008 • 370 Posts

My xbox 360 has been broken for 6 months. It won't read disks. After watching the show I was only impressed with two games. These two games are Tomb Raider (omg amazing) and Resident Evil 6. Come on Microsoft make some good exclusives. I will just continue playing my PS3 not trolling I own both just don't see the reason replacing my broken Xbox since no good exclusives. Halo 4 didn't interest me. The new enemys look dumb. They look like robots. Then Fable the Journey looks dumb. I don't have kinect. Then Forza game is dumb. I don't like realistic driving games. Give me a burnout game for crying out loud. Lastly the castle game looks like angry birds lol. I would rather play angry birds then pay for kinect lol. Very Very Very disappointed in microsoft. I was looking to get a new xbox and place some nice exclusives. smh.

PoorEdward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PoorEdward
Member since 2011 • 287 Posts

Meanwhile at Nintendo Reggie watches the conference....

tumblr_m53rrchEnJ1qax6g2.jpg

In all seriousness I was expecting something new, something different. Something nobody expected, Conker Bad Fur Day 2, Banjo Threeie some new IP... something completelly different. I got nothing.:x

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
I'd say it was about average, maybe a little bit better than last year, because I did like RE6 and Halo 4. Last year had nothing that interests me. They focused too much on Kinect and extra stuff that the console you can do that's not video games related like IE, SmartGlass, etc...
tretre32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 tretre32
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

My thoughts are that MS owns Rare and for the life of me I dont understand why they wont make a really hardcore BATTLETOADS GAME!!!! I'm sorry but I am so tired of shootin crap in every damn game, with just a different paint job. I feel like this industry needs more innovation with gameplay and less on frikkin apps and crap, or we are destined to see another 1984 meltdown of the industry.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

It was the worst one I can think of. Honestly at the end of the day there's still enough coming out that i'll enjoy my 360 without question, that said they really don't know what people want to see at E3 in my opinion. Yeah smart glass "may" become something useful but well... so what. There's just no way they should center their E3 around it... anyway, I love my 360's to bad MS can't excite me more about it though. I've giving this years conferance I solid 4 out of 10. oh well...

gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts

That was the worst Microsoft E3 press conference that I've seen in quite some time.

LeifLongbottom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 LeifLongbottom
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

In all seriousness I was expecting something new, something different. Something nobody expected, Conker Bad Fur Day 2, Banjo Threeie some new IP... something completelly different. I got nothing.:x

PoorEdward

Love your avatar.

While I think it's good that MS is actually trying to make Live worth the cost, there were a lot of times I forgot I was watching a game conference. If they're actually able to make all that work well, I might subscribe again.

Peanut04_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Peanut04_basic
Member since 2002 • 724 Posts
The only thing I liked was TR. Halo 4 looks interesting, but I'm not sold yet. Smartglass looks like a complete waste of time. It make get some cool uses, but I can't see myself using it. Seems like something that will just be unused or way underutilized. Kinda funny when he said keyboards don't belong in the livingroom. I have a nice pc hooked up to my tv and use it constantly. I'm quite happy with it there.
soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

PoorEdward
3ds FTW
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

The only game i'm interested in that they showed is Tomb Raider.

UnholyThrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 UnholyThrasher
Member since 2007 • 136 Posts

I enjoyed the conference, thought it was MUCH better than last year.

Also, to the guy who said "way too much kinect stuff", dude, there were like, what? 3 kinect games? What would be a good amount to show? Some of us enjoy seeing what Kinect has coming down the pipe. There was far less time spent on Kinect than last E3.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
South Park and Tomb Raider are the one's I'm interested in. I wanna see more of the new Gears though, that series is the only reason I own a 360.
Roxas658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Roxas658
Member since 2012 • 111 Posts
South Park and Tomb Raider are the one's I'm interested in. I wanna see more of the new Gears though, that series is the only reason I own a 360.spike6958
I second that, bought my 360 for gears as well. South park is the one I found most interesting and then Tomb Raider + Re6. Other than that it was disappointing
migelpsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23 migelpsp
Member since 2007 • 277 Posts
[QUOTE="ZamboniGamer"]

schizo_talon
South Park looked like it might be a fun game.

yes sr,,, is the only one south park , but some other doesnt look great...but the watch dog and black ops 2 those other two games look fun to.. or im am wrong!!!
The_King82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_King82
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts

South Park was the higlight of the conference. Everything else was boring. Halo and Gears didn't impress me.