Amazon.com xbox 360 games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

I've never actually been on amazon and I recently checked it out... I find that basically all games out that are hits are about 20$ cheaper????

I'm looking at dragon age and its for only 40$... I don't get it?

Does it always have great deals like this? Whats with it? Worth to use? opinions?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#2 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Amazon.com is one of the best places ever haha.

I love it, they have great foreign movies that i cant get other places, HUGE sales on games (new and used).

And best of all? I can sell my used 360 games on there for twice the price of ebgames,etc.. (sometimes even more).

Highly reccomend getting aquainted with Amazon bud (:

Ebgames was going to give me 18$ for 4 games... I made 69$ on amazon instead (:

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wakanoid

I love it, they have great foreign movies that i cant get other places, HUGE sales on games (new and used).

And best of all? I can sell my used 360 games on there for twice the price of ebgames,etc.. (sometimes even more).

kozzy1234

What?! So theres no catch? This is amazing.. I should have listened to the guy who told me to pre-order it was either mw2 or l4d2 on it and save 20$ on my next buy.. coulda got Dragon age for 20$ .. So Should I pick dragon age for 40$?

No catch? Any great deals? I'm actually excited this site looks great! Anything you suggest for me to get on it?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Amazon always has them cheaper but what you're seeing now are holiday sales

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wakanoid

Jaysonguy

Well since you said wait for 40% off on your reco post, Do you think I should pick it up for 33% off? or buy the used version for 40% off?

hansmacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 hansmacher
Member since 2003 • 900 Posts
did you just get the internet or something?
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wakanoid

did you just get the internet or something?hansmacher

Never was really into the shipping of stuff, Always liked just going to the store.. :P

But this seems great, I Can't belive how many times i've proably been ripped off at EB games.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Wakanoid

Well since you said wait for 40% off on your reco post, Do you think I should pick it up for 33% off? or buy the used version for 40% off?

New because it comes with all the free DLC

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

I'll get the wardens, and the other one + the full game for 40$.. what?

SnipeyMcSnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SnipeyMcSnipe
Member since 2006 • 2010 Posts

I found that a lot of the times that www.half.com has cheaper prices than amazon.com

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#11 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

I buy almost all my games through Amazon. Actually, I pretty much do all my shopping on Amazon. Prices and service are great.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

So wait, I thought you only got the dlc if pre-ordered I can still get the dlc free if I buy it new?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

Wakanoid

So wait, I thought you only got the dlc if pre-ordered I can still get the dlc free if I buy it new?

No, you get armor and a new character and a new quest by buying it new

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Well thanks for gettin me all excited.. lol jk but that still comes in handy, You mean the random quest that say DLC?

And also would you say the DLC is worth it?

White_wolf_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 White_wolf_eye
Member since 2009 • 2886 Posts

They still have baundles that arent even on retial anymore or in other sites (in NEW condition) plus there games are great and alot of free shipping...amazon is just great, id recommend it, but i dislike shopping online (hate waiting for games you see) i only shop online when its an "online only" worth it bundle, but if ur an online shopper then amazon might be your place for EVERYTHING!!! or NewEgg.com is also a cheap place. (I think i saw a brand new conditioned elite for 250$ on newegg)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

Wakanoid

Well thanks for gettin me all excited.. lol jk but that still comes in handy, You mean the random quest that say DLC?

And also would you say the DLC is worth it?

Buying the game new gets you armor that can worn in both Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 plus The Stone Prisoner DLC

"Crafted by the ancient dwarves as their first line of defense against the darkspawn, the dread sentinels known as golems dwindled in number after the art of their creation was lost. Shale, one of the few golems remaining, was found in the Deep Roads, reactivated and brought to the surface, and may prove to be the Grey Wardens' most effective weapon against the onslaught of the Blight. Includes: (1) Shale, a unique and powerful golem, as a recruitable party member who is fully integrated into the main Dragon Age: Origins campaign. (2) Brand new plots and adventure areas. (3) Fantastic new items."

As far as the rest of the DLC Warden's Keep and the new DLC out next Tuesday are must haves for me, I love the game

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wakanoid

So whats the point of buying the DLC if it comes with the game..? Why would they even put it up?> I don't get it. for people who bought pre-used?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jaysonguy

So whats the point of buying the DLC if it comes with the game..? Why would they even put it up?> I don't get it. for people who bought pre-used?

Wakanoid

for anyone that needs the content for whatever reason

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Wakanoid

What?! So theres no catch? This is amazing.. I should have listened to the guy who told me to pre-order it was either mw2 or l4d2 on it and save 20$ on my next buy.. coulda got Dragon age for 20$ .. So Should I pick dragon age for 40$?

No catch? Any great deals? I'm actually excited this site looks great! Anything you suggest for me to get on it?

Its just a great place... you get the deals that they put on (yes more at holidays, but they still have random sales all the time which is nice to).

And another thing I like is that you can also see the other people selling the same game/movie (someone who owns a videostore or gameshop might sell there stuff on amazon to, so you get to see amazon.coms sale and also others of the same thing).

Its a great place to buy stuff, but as ive also found out this year, its fantastic for selling things aswell!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kozzy1234

I buy almost all my games through Amazon. Actually, I pretty much do all my shopping on Amazon. Prices and service are great.

rp108

You mentioned another GREAT aspect of amazon.com bud. Amazing customer service.

This one time I got a big order and one of the tv show DVDs i got broke when my gf opened the case up. I called them explained what had happed that it was no ones fault, it just was damage before we coudl watch it. Basically while it getting shipped the dvd moved and was in a bad place so when we opened it up it broked automatically.

No questions asked, they sent me a brand new dvd set for free of charge. Some other places might blame it on you or take ages to send you another copy, but they did it ASAP and were very nice about it. Here we were worried about calling and bugging them about this, but they are very nice.

And another time my order was for someones birthday and it looked like it wasnt going to get here in time.. but they gave free fast shipping to me so i could have it by the time i needed it for my friends bday.

They really treat customers well there, especially regular customers.

Also sometimes they just have ridicolous deals to like steam for pc games. This one time I was going to buy this HBO tv show called Carnivale in town and it was 49$. I checked amazon and it was 35$ regularly.. but on sale for 14$ for a few days! And free shipping! I couldnt belive it!

badhoagie91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 badhoagie91
Member since 2007 • 731 Posts

I found that a lot of the times that www.half.com has cheaper prices than amazon.com

SnipeyMcSnipe

yeah, I get most of my used games from Half.com

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Amazon is my favorite place to buy games. They usually have games for much cheaper than other places, offer free shipping, no tax (for me), and sometimes attach promotions and other incentives to games purchases. They also have amazing customer service.

blairzo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 blairzo17
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts

Amazon's a very trustworthy site. They can afford to sell games cheap because their so popular ! :P

MercifulKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MercifulKiller
Member since 2009 • 499 Posts
Amazon tends to always have good prices on games.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Wakanoid

So If I buy DA:O on jan 3rd, I'll still get the deal lasting till jan 4th right?

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
Amazon has some killer deals...I just bought the tekken 6 limited edition for 360 for 70 bucks, its originally $150.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Amazon has some of the best prices on commonly bought items, especially when it comes to video games and movies. Blu-Ray movies cost on average like $13 on Amazon as opposed to $25-30 in a store. Games often run cheaper as well. For new releases, I would just go to a store and pick it up because while they do knock off a couple bucks, I want to play right away. If you see a sale for something you want in-store, go on amazon and see them with the same, if not better, price. I thought stores had great deals on black friday, amazon beat every one I saw.
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts
[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

I've never actually been on amazon and I recently checked it out... I find that basically all games out that are hits are about 20$ cheaper????

I'm looking at dragon age and its for only 40$... I don't get it?

Does it always have great deals like this? Whats with it? Worth to use? opinions?

well amazon buys up alot of stuff. so i guess when places like walmart has a over stock on games they buy em cheap. or when places like target had dragon age for 35 bucks on friday they can buy all their stock up and then resell for 40
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
Amazon always have great deals.Right before Black Friday, I bought The Matrix: Ultimate Collection(BR) for $52 as opposed to $100 at Best Buy. I recently bought ACDC track pack (X360) for $15 brand new as opposed to the $30 at Wal-Mart. I'm currently having a dispute with them but they're fixing the problem.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#30 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I have bought sooooo many Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3 games and accessories on Amazon and saved a ton of money. It's the most reliable and easy online service of it's type IMO.
pauldaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pauldaddy
Member since 2009 • 135 Posts

amazon is the best. i get everything i can from them, also if you sign up for their "prime membership" you can get free one day shipping.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jaysonguy

amazon is the best. i get everything i can from them, also if you sign up for their "prime membership" you can get free one day shipping.

pauldaddy

Two day actually but most things are usually overnight :P

curlydezza85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 curlydezza85
Member since 2009 • 152 Posts

Yes, Amazon is amazing they have great deals. I also use swaptree.com to trade games with other users.