Am I the only one who isn't hating on Crysis 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamefreak1296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamefreak1296
Member since 2005 • 1670 Posts

So when I first heard the "demo" came out I was super exited. I went and downloaded it and went to play and then it froze on the loading screen...So I ignored it for a week since I kept seeing topics on how much the demo sucked and how many problems it has.

Well last night I decided to try it out again because maybe they were able to fix some bugs. Sure enough I got into a game just fine and was gunning away. I think the controls are slightly odd but it's still easy to get a head shot and then vault over a building. The gun sounds are very nice but the surround sound could be better because I couldn't pick out where some things were coming from. The graphics were very nice although I wish the game had the same physics as Crysis on the PC but, it makes sense why they aren't. I had alot of fun with it last night and it's definitely at least a rent for me when it comes out.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I liked it. It's definitely got some problems, but it shows some promise. The main problems I could see were the connection problems, crashing, poor hit detection and player lag causing the enemy to jump about, making him hard to hit. The Maximum Armour ability is useless, too. It doesn't do anything other than make you slower. Will these problems be fixed by March? I hope so. I'm mainly buying Crysis 2 for the campaign anyway. I'm sure the campaign will be amazing.
nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nottu
Member since 2010 • 951 Posts

I liked it enough to rent it when it's released, or even buy it if the reviews are great

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
Ill rent this one, not a buy for me tho.
h3LL_ZinKy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 h3LL_ZinKy69
Member since 2010 • 184 Posts

Have people been hating it? I didn't know. But I can easily see it being one of the best shooters of 2011, thats of course if MW3 (New cod) isnt as good as its being made by new developers, you never know. Crysis 2 or bulletstorm get my bet for best shooters this year.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

It's a cool game, I'm gonna rent it for sure. But what kills it for me is the inefficiency of the melee.

The main reason I am not getting Crysis 2 though, is because the multiplayer just isn't that fun

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

Buying Crysis 2 for its multiplayer is like buying Bioshock 2 for its multiplayer. Oh its there in theory, but is it really going to stand up and pull people away from Reach, Black Ops, MW 2 and BFBC 2? Ummm...NO!! Anyone who buys Crysis 2 is getting it for the SP....PERIOD! Heck over the last few days I have had waaaaaaaay more fun with BREACH than I did with the Crysis 2 demo. Or should we call it "Call of Halo" since it blatantly rips off both franchises. Why kid yourselves, Crysis 2 multiplayer is going to be nothing more than a novelty that only those who are Crysis freaks or those who are simply bored of CoD or Halo games will even bother to play for more than 15 minutes.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Here is my thing, I buy games that are gonna last and have plenty of replayability. If I can finish the campaign in a few days or even within a week it isn't a buy for me. So it has to have some good multiplayer to keep me playing or else I'd just get bored and regret buying it. It is too expensive to buy games.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

I liked it but it felt kinda generic. I'll still probably buy it but only because it's $39.

giantqtipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 giantqtipz
Member since 2010 • 884 Posts

I liked it but it felt kinda generic. I'll still probably buy it but only because it's $39.

Darkslayer16
whoa you have to share with us where its sold for $39!w
Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

Game is terrible on consoles. Bad graphics, cod gameplay ( shocker there... :roll: ) controls are slow like Killzone 2. Terrible hit detection. Lack of guns and crapy connections. Powerups are let down from 1st crysis, as well as gunplay. TIsk tisk, this is what happens when devs try to go main stream....

max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

ill liked the demo but im just goin to borrow the game off a friend

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
I can't get past the fact that it feels like a Crysis themed MW2 mod. I'll probably just rent it to see how the story continues from the first game.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i'm looking forward to the campaign.