Am I the only one who feels nostalgic talking about video games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shairoo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 shairoo11
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts

Hey guys,

I don't usually debate or in fact go on the forums sections, instead I just watch reviews and leave. 

I wanted your input about what you guys feel about the xbox one console comming or even the ps4. The reason behind this is that, recently while playing video games on my xbox 360 (I've been off college, SO FINNALLY GETTING SOME TIME TO PLAY!!), I just realized that why is it necessary to bring out a next-gen console out? I mean it could of waited another couple of years tbh. You  guys might say: "Technology has advaced thus consoles should too", I agree but common, the xbox one is actualy pretty dissapointing. It has taken away the fun of playing with freinds, exchanging games, renting, and all. Now it just feels like a big money making console. I don't know if I will buy it upon release, If I will, it will probably be in a couple of christmases or next summer. I feel that my xbox 360 deserves all attention. I don't want to sound depressing or inadequate toward mordern technology and gaming, but if the xbox one was better that what has been showcased, then maybe my views would of been different.

I just love the past, where we actually enjoyed gaming, where the true porpose of ocnsoles where just gaming, renting and onling politiking. 

What do you guys think?

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I see potential in the XB1 to be used for more sinister purposes. a couple years ago I read an artical about law enforcement officials using Xbox Live to coerce a confession from a suspect over a game of Guitar Hero. They didn't inform the suspect that they were law enforcement, that he was under investigation, or that he had any rights. I see the features the XB1 brings with it coupled with law enforcement's willingness to work outside the proper boundries as particularly worrying. Add to that the scandal going on recently with Verizon being forced to fork over private information on their customers, and I see a very real possibility of the Xbox One being turned into a government/law enforcement "snitchbox."
Avatar image for brownstephen259
brownstephen259

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 brownstephen259
Member since 2010 • 268 Posts
Well I know Im not getting the Xbox one it's almost like a home theater pc If ps4 turns out to be a gaming machine during e3 then ps 4 is what I'm getting. I hope I can say bye bye to Xbox
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Well I know Im not getting the Xbox one it's almost like a home theater pc If ps4 turns out to be a gaming machine during e3 then ps 4 is what I'm getting. I hope I can say bye bye to Xbox brownstephen259

its kind of sad that i wont be buying xbox one because i cant justify buying something i wont ever use so my money is on ps4.

vidafly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vidafly
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
me too, i wont be buying xbox one because i cant justify buying something i wont ever use so my money is on ps4.
Avatar image for KaotiK_un_basic
KaotiK_un_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KaotiK_un_basic
Member since 2002 • 2128 Posts
with the news of the xbox1, i've been reminiscing lately too. thinking where gaming was when i started, and where it is now (and where it looks to be going) ..it's very depressing. hard to believe i once saw developers freely creating/releasing extra content for their supporters. then we got high priced/low value DLC and online passes..and now xbox1. horrible road we're heading down IMO, and i can't believe everybody doesn't see it. (baffled at the support/defense of xbox1) if it all holds true, and gamers don't stick to their morals and revolt (why accept this? i admit, it's doable.. but it's such a slap in the face to us. who supported them and allowed gaming to grow so big) i'm reluctantly out for this gen. i'm really holding faint hope this fails, gamers will stay sdtrong and not be fooled (but i know that wont be the case :( ) ..sucks, as for me it's xbox or nothing. (and right now it's looking like nothing)
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

Well I know Im not getting the Xbox one it's almost like a home theater pc If ps4 turns out to be a gaming machine during e3 then ps 4 is what I'm getting. I hope I can say bye bye to Xbox brownstephen259
are you justs saying that to piss everyone off. you know that the xbox is a gaming platform, your just making up ways to help out playstation. IF you want me to be stuipid too i can say playstation is only a gaming platform, while xbox is a gaming platform just as good as sony and on top of that it does alot of other things very well.