Am I the only one who doesent want project Natal to come?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

1337-ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 1337-ish
Member since 2009 • 116 Posts

It seems like everyone wants it. Is it just me that doesent want the Xbox 360 to become like the Wii? Would anyone else just like to stick with the regular controller? Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but it would just ruin the way I, and I'm pretty sure everyone else, would think about the Xbox. Microsoft might not know how big of a step there taking by making this, but Id love just to stay the way it is. Look what happened when Nintendo tried it out, its the least wanted of the 3 systems now. Also, I heard that Halo: Reach might be using it too. Halo, and Natal does not go together in any way, in my opinion, and I just have a feeling that other people have these same thoughts. Am I right? Or will I only get flamed for making this board?

cthecoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 cthecoffee
Member since 2003 • 1432 Posts

eh i just dont care for it that much. its not like when it comes out every game will only be playable with it. cliffy b just said that gears will stay true to the original controllers

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

Am I the only one that DOES want project NATAL to come ? come'on this things looks promising to me...

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Since when did the Wii become the least wanted console? Anyway I could care less about it coming out as long as they support it. I'm not sure how they will do shooters though just as long as we get the majority of games using the regular controller I will be happy.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
lol 1337-ish at 'nintendo tried it out, its the least wanted of the 3 systems now,' so the fact that it has sold more consoles than the PS3 and 360 combined makes no difference?
Brutal-Koopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Brutal-Koopa
Member since 2009 • 439 Posts
I don't want that piece of **** to come (My Opinion).
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
Again, as long as it stays in his dark corner making the joys of thoes who appreciate this technology and not messing with my fav games, then im ok with it. IF!IF IF IF lets see..Reach uses natal, i just hope it is something optional. Oh and Bioware likes Natal, ME3 with natal, that would be funny, but OPTIONAL!
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#8 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
So long as Natal doesnt take over the x-box, I don't see what the problem is. As for Halo, someone at the studio said Halo Reach may use it. So it might not. I don't care, so long as the game is good.
Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
I hate the idea, I hate the Wii, and I can't believe the Wii is so popular.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I hate the idea, I hate the Wii, and I can't believe the Wii is so popular.Deathtransit

It's popular because the not gamer gamers will buy it and the little kids will want it. I know a gym in my town that has replaced half of it's machines with Wiis with Wii Fit.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#11 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

[QUOTE="Deathtransit"]I hate the idea, I hate the Wii, and I can't believe the Wii is so popular.Phoenix534

It's popular because the not gamer gamers will buy it and the little kids will want it. I know a gym in my town that has replaced half of it's machines with Wiis with Wii Fit.

Thats just ridiculous.
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
As long as nothing's being unnecessarily changed or removed, I couldn't care less. I will only have issues with the new approach to gaming if Microsoft decides to let their imagination run a bit too wild by altering, taking away, or even adding things to our experience that really don't need to be. They did this in various ways upon the release of NXE; I hope they don't repeat their mistakes.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#13 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I don't really care about natal, to be honest :P
et_hood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 et_hood
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I think the only reason Wii doesn't get many sales is because most of the gaming community are in to Teen and Mature games. Not the little kiddy ones that Wii gots. I personally think Natal is a awesome idea, and for all of you guys fretting about Halo Reach, I am sure there will be a option for using a standard control.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I think the only reason Wii doesn't get many sales is because most of the gaming community are in to Teen and Mature games. Not the little kiddy ones that Wii gots. I personally think Natal is a awesome idea, and for all of you guys fretting about Halo Reach, I am sure there will be a option for using a standard control.

et_hood

It's the best selling system out there!

WeaponXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 WeaponXY
Member since 2009 • 1280 Posts

I'm super excited for it myself. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-63095acf8f45e
deactivated-63095acf8f45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 deactivated-63095acf8f45e
Member since 2009 • 91 Posts
Well it depends. In my opinion, Natal should be optional, and for the games, I think they should make two versions, a normal controller version, and a Natal version. If it turns out to be a good, then more games will start using Natal. Eventually, just because of the technology that there is these days, there won't be many systems that use normal controllers, and they will be a thing of the past. But until Natal proves itself as a good thing for gaming, I think I'll stick with the controllers.
STARXWOLF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 STARXWOLF
Member since 2009 • 758 Posts

It seems like everyone wants it. Is it just me that doesent want the Xbox 360 to become like the Wii? Would anyone else just like to stick with the regular controller? Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but it would just ruin the way I, and I'm pretty sure everyone else, would think about the Xbox. Microsoft might not know how big of a step there taking by making this, but Id love just to stay the way it is. Look what happened when Nintendo tried it out, its the least wanted of the 3 systems now. Also, I heard that Halo: Reach might be using it too. Halo, and Natal does not go together in any way, in my opinion, and I just have a feeling that other people have these same thoughts. Am I right? Or will I only get flamed for making this board?

1337-ish

dude if the X360 becomes like the Wii i think i will destroy my X360 i mean destroy.:evil: but yea i want Natal to come to the X360.

Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

Am I the only one that DOES want project NATAL to come ? come'on this things looks promising to me...

DranzarTypeF

Waving my hands or dancing in front of my television doesn't sound fun at all. Obviously some people will like the idea and have fun with it but others, like me, will never buy Natal because it doesn't appeal to them.

Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts

No ones forcing you to use it.

1337-ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 1337-ish
Member since 2009 • 116 Posts

lol 1337-ish at 'nintendo tried it out, its the least wanted of the 3 systems now,' so the fact that it has sold more consoles than the PS3 and 360 combined makes no difference?chaoscougar1

I said now, it seemed prettynice at first, so of course everyone bought it. Now it's not too popular, from what I'm noticing.The Wii is definatley cool at first, seeing that its a new step up in technology, its defenatley worth experiencing it, everyone should try it out at least once.Yes it is the most sold console. Yes it doubles in sales. But, here are a few facts I have experienced. Some relitaves I have, just use it for Wii Fit, and some have a Wii and never use it. Again, it's fun at first, but gets pretty boring after a while. So bringing up the word now, means it's not anymore. At one point it got tons of sales, and are still going up pretty fast. But I'm sure not much people are going to worry about repairing one, or buying a new one after their old one broke. Also, alot of people choose the Wii over the other consoles because of the price also, it doesent mean that they don't want another console. I know a ton of people that are in that situation. So basicly, I ment although it has the most sales, it is nownot the most wanted, now that it's been experienced, the feature is not much a big deal, and the games are for sure, not as good as other consoles. Most people bought it becauseit was a new thing topoint the controller at the TV, and seeing where you're pointing on it, and controlling the game like that. Just to experience it. Not to mention the price is a big problem why the other consoles havent sold as much.

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#22 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

I have to say if the 360 did become like the Wii I would move to another system, either PC or PS3. But one thing to think of, if motion controllers start to take over consoles some company is going to come with a console that doesn't use it to get back hardcore gamers that want to use normal controllers.

mfacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 mfacek
Member since 2006 • 3000 Posts

I'll stick to the classic controller. Natal is not for me, if I was into that kind of thing I would own a Wii.

Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

[QUOTE="Deathtransit"]I hate the idea, I hate the Wii, and I can't believe the Wii is so popular.Phoenix534

Now that's what I call a pitiful gym.
wanted300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wanted300
Member since 2009 • 27 Posts

As long as they allow me to still use a controller im cool. Its not like there like "USE NATAL OR DIE"

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

I just don't want them trying to shoe horn the controls into pre existing games. They need to make new IP's that are designed specifically for Natal and that's all.

Adding motion controls to most normal games is like pouring mustard on a perfectly good ice cream sundae. If you want mustard then put it on a hot dog or burger, but keep it the hell away from my sundae.

rattleheadxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rattleheadxyz
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

Reading these posts reminds me of how people reacted when Copernicus revealed that the Earth revolved around the sun. Clearly Natal isn't as important of a discovery but the reactions I'm reading from most people seem to be quite similiar. The technology is still in it's infancy, it doesn't even have a real name, no release date is in sight and all we've seen so far is a total of 30 minutes(more or less) worth of video about it. Yet, so many people already hate it, they want it to fail and go away forever, and they already know that it's going to suck big time. Why is it that any time anyone tries something new and different the immediate response from the majority is utter contempt? Maybe Natal will suck, maybe it'll be great. None of us know and making a firm decision this early is tantamount to idiocy. So go ahead and clutch your controllers to your collective chestsso tightly that your knuckles turn white, go ahead and fear that which is different. I'll keep my eyes open and wait and see.

PSP_DSL_ROX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 PSP_DSL_ROX
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts

I don't know, I think it could potentially be a good thing. That is, if they don't make every game utilize it, but I really feel that they are going to have a good variety of games that use it and a good variety that don't. More than anything they are just trying to pull in a different market. If they can come close to competing with the Wii and get people interesed in the Xbox that otherwise would go with the Wii, they could potentiall get a huge share of the market. The Wii has some good options for hardcore gamers and there are quite a few hardcore gamers that like the Wii a lot, but something like Natal will allow anyone deciding between Xbox and Wii to find an advantage in the Xbox. Anyone that thinks they are going to want hardcore games are going to be happier with the Xbox in the long run because of the amount of options available to them that they can't get on the Wii, but they would still have more casual options with Natal. It also allows the system to be something that could grow with a family. A lot of people get the Wii when they have kids in the house just because it provides more titles for them, where as the Xbox is a little more limited. Once Natal is out the Xbox will most likely be the console of choice for people that have younger kids, they can play natal and then as they grow they can get into the more advanced games the system offers.

The biggest benefit, in my opinion, is the fact that Natal can prevent the Xbox from having too much of the same thing. Eventually people will get tired of playing nothing but FPS and RPGs (it is a possiblity :o ) Natal is going to allow a new type of game and allow gamers to get some more variety in their Xbox collection.

Personally, I'm pretty happy with Natal coming. I'm a pretty casual gamer, I currently have a Wii and PS3 with plans to get an Xbox soon. I got the PS3 and I'm getting the Xbox because I want to try and expand my gaming style and start playing new games. I don't want to go from playing Mario games to GOW or something right off the bat, but if they have some really awesome games on natal that I can play and also have the other options available, I will be a lot happier. The problem is right now, the Xbox doesn't have a huge library of games for casual gamers. I got a Wii first because it has tons of casual games, then I got the PS3, even though it doesn' have a large library of casual games, it does have the Blu-Ray so that is what made me go to that one. I've been waiting to get an Xbox because of the lack of casual games for me to start with, but the announcement of Natal shows promise that more games in my style are around the corner, so now there is a good reason for me to get this system as well.

So for me, I am looking forward to Natal coming and I think it will be a very positive thing for the Xbox in the long run.

rattleheadxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rattleheadxyz

[QUOTE="rattleheadxyz"]

Reading these posts reminds me of how people reacted when Copernicus revealed that the Earth revolved around the sun. Clearly Natal isn't as important of a discovery but the reactions I'm reading from most people seem to be quite similiar. The technology is still in it's infancy, it doesn't even have a real name, no release date is in sight and all we've seen so far is a total of 30 minutes(more or less) worth of video about it. Yet, so many people already hate it, they want it to fail and go away forever, and they already know that it's going to suck big time. Why is it that any time anyone tries something new and different the immediate response from the majority is utter contempt? Maybe Natal will suck, maybe it'll be great. None of us know and making a firm decision this early is tantamount to idiocy. So go ahead and clutch your controllers to your collective chests so tightly that your knuckles turn white, go ahead and fear that which is different. I'll keep my eyes open and wait and see.

Brutal-Koopa

HAHA! IT'S GEOCENTRIC YOU ****

Ok, you win!

Brutal-Koopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Brutal-Koopa
Member since 2009 • 439 Posts

[QUOTE="Brutal-Koopa"]

[QUOTE="rattleheadxyz"]

Reading these posts reminds me of how people reacted when Copernicus revealed that the Earth revolved around the sun. Clearly Natal isn't as important of a discovery but the reactions I'm reading from most people seem to be quite similiar. The technology is still in it's infancy, it doesn't even have a real name, no release date is in sight and all we've seen so far is a total of 30 minutes(more or less) worth of video about it. Yet, so many people already hate it, they want it to fail and go away forever, and they already know that it's going to suck big time. Why is it that any time anyone tries something new and different the immediate response from the majority is utter contempt? Maybe Natal will suck, maybe it'll be great. None of us know and making a firm decision this early is tantamount to idiocy. So go ahead and clutch your controllers to your collective chests so tightly that your knuckles turn white, go ahead and fear that which is different. I'll keep my eyes open and wait and see.

rattleheadxyz

Ok, you win!

Haha :P Heliocentric....what were you thinking....

rattleheadxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rattleheadxyz

[QUOTE="rattleheadxyz"]

[QUOTE="Brutal-Koopa"]

Brutal-Koopa

Ok, you win!

Haha :P Heliocentric....what were you thinking....

Play me off keyboard cat...

Iraqi_Gangster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Iraqi_Gangster
Member since 2008 • 503 Posts

As long as it is optional, I don't mind. I don't want my games to be turned into some sport. Laziness FTW!