All I can say is: WOW! (GRID)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

Being a long time fan of the TOCA series, I'm really excited to see how the next game in the now defunct series is turning out! GRID is the evolution of the TOCA series for the the next-gen (or should it be current-gen) consoles. These trailers show off what we should be expecting when this game hits this summer. It's using a modified version of DiRT's engine.

Here's a few trailers for GRID. Enjoy!

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

Trailer 3

Nick-N4ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Nick-N4ck
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts
Didn't like the handling of the cars in DIRT, but I am looking forward to this alot.
Ravi_1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Ravi_1900
Member since 2006 • 977 Posts

Didn't like the handling of the cars in DIRT, but I am looking forward to this alot.Nick-N4ck

Hnadling was good but this seems to be better in graphics and some stuff other than racings are there which was misssing in Dirt. But Toca was not that good it was really hard tog even 3rd position Forza did it better.

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
I dont like how the handling in GRID looks. Too much powersliding. It looks like it controls more like Ridge Racer than Forza.
Nick-N4ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nick-N4ck
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts

I still don't think the handling in DIRT was up to par :) but I'm basing that only on the demo, I found the cars seemed to turn on a center point or something, it was very strange for me. I thought the handling of the cars in Rallisport challenge 2 was as perfect as you can get in a arcade ralli game so maybe I'm just spoilt. For me graphics are not that important in racing games, I would much rather they nail the handling than the graphics, which is why I still go back to Rallisport challenge 2 on Xbox.

If you are reading this Bill, please make it BC or release it on Xbox originals for 360,

and give me $1,000,000 as well

Ravi_1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ravi_1900

I dont like how the handling in GRID looks. Too much powersliding. It looks like it controls more like Ridge Racer than Forza.DZBricktop

Ridge racer is a pure arcade you cant compare it to sim style games. Compare it to burnout and NFS I think it (Ridge Racer) pwns NFS but Burnout Paradise is way too much better in every aspect.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Man, I'm with ya on this one. I bought GT5: Prologue, but I've been craving a new game from the Colin McRae team at Codemaster's. I have bought every McRae game, TOCA and DiRT. Great games. GRID looks like another solid sim/arcade racer from this top notch developer.
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
i didnt like how DiRT handled it was horrible
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DZBricktop

[QUOTE="DZBricktop"]I dont like how the handling in GRID looks. Too much powersliding. It looks like it controls more like Ridge Racer than Forza.Ravi_1900

Ridge racer is a pure arcade you cant compare it to sim style games. Compare it to burnout and NFS I think it (Ridge Racer) pwns NFS but Burnout Paradise is way too much better in every aspect.

I dont care how a game looks or what someone else SAYS it is. If it controls like an arcade racer, i dont like it.

cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
It looks pretty good, but though I hate to say it, it certainly doesnt look as good as GT5.
Ravi_1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ravi_1900
[QUOTE="Ravi_1900"]

[QUOTE="DZBricktop"]I dont like how the handling in GRID looks. Too much powersliding. It looks like it controls more like Ridge Racer than Forza.DZBricktop

I dont care how a game looks or what someone else SAYS it is. If it controls like an arcade racer, i dont like it.

yeah this could be a arcade style game since Toca didnt sold well due to being very sim oriented. So they may be trying to get it to more than just hardcore gamers anyways this would no way be AAA or a substitute of GT5 and yeah although it doesnt looks as good as GT5 its quite comparable.

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DZBricktop
Well theres no doubt it looks pretty good. And ive always liked the Racer Driver series. Even the Jarrett Labonte game. I just hope its not all powersliding, arcade gameplay. Even if its a mix, i like the look enough to give it a try.
kaisermpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kaisermpr
Member since 2003 • 419 Posts

Looks sweet..

What version of "No One Knows" is that in the first video ?

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EnderSR388

Looks sweet..

What version of "No One Knows" is that in the first video ?

kaisermpr

It's the UNKLE remix.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EnderSR388

I bought GT5: Prologue,...BioShockOwnz

You have Prologue already? I thought it wasn't released until 4/15. I'd like to know where you got it from! :)

jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 jpstill85
Member since 2006 • 440 Posts
The game looks phenomenal... and a lot of the work they are putting into the AI and the damage mechanics is pretty impressive. This being said, I have never played TOCA and I was severely underwhelmed by DiRT. So I suppose I'll just have to wait and see how the reviews go and go from there.
Izzymoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Izzymoney
Member since 2005 • 1192 Posts
Looks great. Can't wait.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I bought GT5: Prologue,...EnderSR388

You have Prologue already? I thought it wasn't released until 4/15. I'd like to know where you got it from! :)

its been out in uk for about 2 weeks now at least grid dont look that good to me, and most racing games unless they proper well made and popular games the online side goes downhill fast and takes ages to get races on the go. forza 2 or prologue gt:5 (if ur ps3) or if ya want more arcadey then pgr4. most the other new racing games get boring fast and online dries up after a few months
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

Dirt is one of my favourite racing games, so if GRID is similar I think I will get it.

Apart from some of the weirder vehicles, the only disappointing part of Dirt was the lack of options in multiplayer - why no circuit races? why only one car at a time? Fix these issues and it would be fantastic.

I'll add this to my tracked list to see how it turns out :)

lukeymonw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lukeymonw
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts
Dirt is a rally game. I don't understand how you base your opinion of and upcoming racing titled based on a previous racing title focused on a different genre. Just because it is Codemasters and uses the upgraded version of the Dirt engine isn't enough to bash this game based on Dirt's handling. And yeah there is power sliding in the game because there are drift events. That does not mean it will be all arcadey and require no skill.
Anyways. Based on he video I have seen I think it looks great. I'm a huge Forza fan, a GT fan, and have always like the Toca series. Grid looks to bring some really fun racing to the table. I especially like the damage and crash effects I have seen so far. I am also intrigued to see how they handle the career. Based on the early reports of taking control of an individual race team, hiring, firing, and taking on sponsors, it could be a fantastic racing game.