Abusive Gamer Arrested

This topic is locked from further discussion.

towerone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 towerone
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Guy playing call of duty 4 got excited and threatened to shoot up his school. got traced and arrested. Classic. http://fatalblade.com/?p=200
Tick660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Tick660
Member since 2007 • 126 Posts
http://fatalblade.com/?p=200
Rockingtime75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rockingtime75
Member since 2006 • 805 Posts
I thought it was going to be about some arse on XBL, not something serious. That would have been awesome.
KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts
im glad the kids he was playing with didn't take him lightly. Shows some people have brains
cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts
Hah it's not as good as that Wii GHIII story The kids dad auctioned off the game after finding him smoking pot... The game was sold for $9,100.01.
jonkirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 jonkirst
Member since 2005 • 3213 Posts

Hah it's not as good as that Wii GHIII story The kids dad auctioned off the game after finding him smoking pot... The game was sold for $9,100.01.cleotis_max

Man, I hadn't heard about that until just now...classic!!!

cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cleotis_max
Yeah, here's the link (Kotaku). It's a good read.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

Yeah, here's the link (Kotaku). It's a good read.cleotis_max

I don't get it, why was the game sold for $9100.01.

cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cleotis_max
Thats how auctions work. The highest bidder (9,000.01) takes the game.
Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

Yeah I read both of these storie earlier.

Classics.

JiMMay4ShiZZay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JiMMay4ShiZZay
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts

[QUOTE="cleotis_max"]Yeah, here's the link (Kotaku). It's a good read.EnderSR388

I don't get it, why was the game sold for $9100.01.

when there is a story behind the auction it sells for more, either that or some insane person thought he was getting a bargain

cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cleotis_max

Hah yeah, on the Ebay site before it sold the dad wrote "If you can convince me to not sell this I will" and well I guess noone convinced him. Basically guys if you have kids, have them smoke pot just so you can sell their christmas presents for some good bucks.

Or don't.

kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

http://fatalblade.com/?p=200Tick660

thanks for linking it.

zeroxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 zeroxin
Member since 2007 • 281 Posts
thats wat u get.
zeroxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 zeroxin
Member since 2007 • 281 Posts
Bet the kid who ratted was laughin
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

Everyone should know by now that Xbox Live's community is full of idiots. Lots of people talk smack on Xbox Live.

People should not be thrown in prison for speaking. Regardless of what they say.

The whole point of the Constitution was to preserve democracy.

I don't think this kid should have said what he said, but regardless of that he should still have the right to say what he wants.

Sooner or later Freedom of Speech will be gone and your rights along with it.

All these ignorant people who support Unconstitutional Laws will find out the hard way.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts

Everyone should know by now that Xbox Live's community is full of idiots. Lots of people talk smack on Xbox Live.

People should not be thrown in prison for speaking. Regardless of what they say.

I don't think this kid should have said what he said, but regardless of that he should still have the right to say what he wants.

All these ignorant people who support Unconstitutional Laws will find out the hard way.

JohnWinger

flat out wrong, the first amendment does not protect threats

pyrobrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pyrobrand
Member since 2005 • 516 Posts

JohnWinger
Incorrect, in the same way that you'd get arrested for yelling fire in a movie theater, you cannot say whatever you wish if it can put somebody in danger, or you if you are threatening to put somebody in danger. If you're in a movie theater, then somebody might get trampled in the ensuing chaos, and if somebody tells you they plan on shooting up the place where you spend 7 hours of your day, money says that they're going to be getting their *** in trouble as well.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

Thats how auctions work. The highest bidder (9,000.01) takes the game.cleotis_max

I know how an auction works, I was just wondering why someone would be stupid enough to pay that much for a game that costs $89.99?? I would have paid that much for it had a 2 kilos in it. :lol:

JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JohnWinger
Incorrect, in the same way that you'd get arrested for yelling fire in a movie theater, you cannot say whatever you wish if it can put somebody in danger, or you if you are threatening to put somebody in danger. If you're in a movie theater, then somebody might get trampled in the ensuing chaos, and if somebody tells you they plan on shooting up the place where you spend 7 hours of your day, money says that they're going to be getting their *** in trouble as well.
pyrobrand

Please leave your cave and go outside and get some sun. You've been gaming for far too long.

Xbox Live is not real life. It's not even close to a social gathering of real friends.

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

I graduated from the college that this happened at, Frostburg State Univeristy. Here's what the local paper had to say about it: http://www.times-news.com/local/local_story_346105727.html . It's a small university (around 5,000). People need to learn that this crap isn't funny.

pyrobrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pyrobrand
Member since 2005 • 516 Posts
[QUOTE="pyrobrand"]Incorrect, in the same way that you'd get arrested for yelling fire in a movie theater, you cannot say whatever you wish if it can put somebody in danger, or you if you are threatening to put somebody in danger. If you're in a movie theater, then somebody might get trampled in the ensuing chaos, and if somebody tells you they plan on shooting up the place where you spend 7 hours of your day, money says that they're going to be getting their *** in trouble as well.
JohnWinger

Please leave your cave and go outside and get some sun. You've been gaming for far too long.

Xbox Live is not real life. It's not even close to a social gathering of real friends.

Please expand your nutshell of a brain and realize that if you're SPEAKING TO SOMEBODY, and you THREATEN THEM, it doesn't matter if you're in front of them or on the other side of the country, you're still giving them a threat. Last time I checked, there's no law saying "You can't threaten people, but it's all fine and dandy if it's over Xbox Live."
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JohnWinger
[QUOTE="JohnWinger"][QUOTE="pyrobrand"]Incorrect, in the same way that you'd get arrested for yelling fire in a movie theater, you cannot say whatever you wish if it can put somebody in danger, or you if you are threatening to put somebody in danger. If you're in a movie theater, then somebody might get trampled in the ensuing chaos, and if somebody tells you they plan on shooting up the place where you spend 7 hours of your day, money says that they're going to be getting their *** in trouble as well.
pyrobrand

Please expand your nutshell of a brain and realize that if you're SPEAKING TO SOMEBODY, and you THREATEN THEM, it doesn't matter if you're in front of them or on the other side of the country, you're still giving them a threat. Last time I checked, there's no law saying "You can't threaten people, but it's all fine and dandy if it's over Xbox Live."

So you're saying we should seek out and kill anyone who may be a threat in order to preserve Democracy?

23rdturd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 23rdturd

Im going to kill you all(in call of duty 4)

you going to arrest me now?

Bunch of snitches:roll:

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58480 Posts

Thats how auctions work. The highest bidder (9,000.01) takes the game.cleotis_max

ya, but why? There are a lot of idiots out there, but how did it get sold for 9k? Was it special or something?

Avatar image for gintheplacetobe
gintheplacetobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gintheplacetobe
Member since 2003 • 4512 Posts
[QUOTE="pyrobrand"][QUOTE="JohnWinger"][QUOTE="pyrobrand"]Incorrect, in the same way that you'd get arrested for yelling fire in a movie theater, you cannot say whatever you wish if it can put somebody in danger, or you if you are threatening to put somebody in danger. If you're in a movie theater, then somebody might get trampled in the ensuing chaos, and if somebody tells you they plan on shooting up the place where you spend 7 hours of your day, money says that they're going to be getting their *** in trouble as well.
JohnWinger

So you're saying we should seek out and kill anyone who may be a threat in order to preserve Democracy?

No he didn't say any of that you ignorant fool. Where did he say anything about killing any one? Are you just hearing what you want to hear?

BTW, he's right. You're wrong. It isn't part of your constitutional rights to be able to threaten anyone. Don't believe me? Why don't you call any of your local government building and threaten them, better yet, tell them your gonna blow up the building. See how quickly you end up like that idiot playing COD.

Shadowed_Valor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shadowed_Valor

JohnWinger

Well, we've been losing all our rights for quite awhile now...but that's beside the point. The main focus is a kid decided to make (empty)threats, got busted for it, and is now paying the price...funny, yet pitiful at the same time.

Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tolwan
Member since 2003 • 2575 Posts
[QUOTE="JohnWinger"]

pyrobrand

Actually, the first amendment was originally designed to cover ALL speech, threat or no. Because the founders felt that if you can start interpreting what is allowed and what isnt, then you dont have free speech because the government can claim that anything is a threat to national security or public officials, and then that would go against the purpose of Freedom of Speech. However, The first amendment has been pretty much out the window for the last 60 years anyways. Pretty much died and had the last nail in it's coffin during the red scare.

stinky_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 stinky_bomb
Member since 2006 • 488 Posts

wow i think that is a little harsh

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
thats nice the dad got 9,000 for a game sold on ebay lol.
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JohnWinger
[QUOTE="pyrobrand"][QUOTE="JohnWinger"]

Tolwan

Actually, the first amendment was originally designed to cover ALL speech, threat or no. Because the founders felt that if you can start interpreting what is allowed and what isnt, then you dont have free speech because the government can claim that anything is a threat to national security or public officials, and then that would go against the purpose of Freedom of Speech. However, The first amendment has been pretty much out the window for the last 60 years anyways. Pretty much died and had the last nail in it's coffin during the red scare.

Finally a reply back with some common sense.

Thank you very much for filling in the facts. :)