About to ship my 360 off to microsoft to be fixed...quick question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bono1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bono1083
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

My question is, do I need to take my faceplate off the console? It's just the regular faceplate that came with it. I have heard some people say to take it off and others say to leave it on. So please if anyone knows for sure let me know, thanks!

IgPond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 IgPond
Member since 2005 • 1125 Posts

Nah, you fon't have to take the faceplate off

I on the other hand took off the HDD because my friends HDD got mixed up with someone elses ;d

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

If you have customised your faceplate then take it off, but if its just the standard white one leave it on, as the console you get back will have one.

If you have a harddrive definitely take it off. My friend sent his console in with the harddrive, and while he got the console back, they lost his harddrive, then blamed him for sending it in.

Rampanterage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rampanterage
Member since 2003 • 2215 Posts
Send it with the faceplate and take off all the other stuff(cables, controllers, HDD and games)
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts

take off everything, just send in your console. because their not giving your console back, they send you a replacement. send mine in 4 times! I know.gamble61

I got my console back. At least I think I did. I slapped that clear Xbox360 sticker on the side, and it was in the exact same spot when I got it back. Different faceplate though, because my penguin sticker was gone.

YodtheHermit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 YodtheHermit
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts
If it is the regular faceplate leave it on.Take off the harddrive cables and anything else that is plugged in.Make sure to tape the reference# to your xbox and on the outside of the box they send you.By doing this you will get it back in half the time.

My question is, do I need to take my faceplate off the console? It's just the regular faceplate that came with it. I have heard some people say to take it off and others say to leave it on. So please if anyone knows for sure let me know, thanks!

bono1083