6.9 is just not right for shadowrun

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bleedingbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 bleedingbunny
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts

Who here agrees with me. this game deserves a way better score than 6.9 that is totally unacceptable. im not one to care about ratings but this is wrong to say that this game is as bad as they say it is. This game is amazing i have played for about 5 days now and i love it. they stated to say it was good until they started complaing about no single player so what!! does anyone on gears even play singleplayer probably not they mltiplayer thats it. so a singleplayer would be nice but thats not what this game is. i could go on and on how much bull sh** this review is. sure the ladder effect should be better and the graphics arent amazing but its gameplay that makes a great game but there excuss for saying that there is not enough game modes there are three just like gears when it started out and they are technically 9 maps just like gears but yes gears is a better game but this crapy rating of 6.9 is just stupid. shadowrun diserves much better credit although its 60 bucks which is more than it should cost but its a great game that will keep you busy for a long time to come.

Avatar image for IHaveTourette49
IHaveTourette49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 IHaveTourette49
Member since 2007 • 245 Posts
well i persoanlnly think the numbers are kool 69. LOL but ok haha. No i totall agree with u, better game then they say it is
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
I will play the demo to make up my mind because it was reviewed by Jeff.
Soldier2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Soldier2020
Member since 2004 • 1739 Posts
It got the score it deserved.  It's a fun game but the lack of any single player, limited maps and gamemodes make it WAY overpriced.  Should have been a $30 downloadable game off the marketplace.
bleedingbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bleedingbunny
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts
i partly agree with you it is overpriced but just because a game does not have a single player doesnt mean it is bad, and like i said gears is an amazing game but it only had three game modes mainly 2 because no one plays assination and the number of maps are the same on shadowrun as gears.so there is no single player the multiplayer is amazing but i am sure they will add more game modes and maps very soon and they will probably drop the price but it still is an awesome game. 
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
I'm sure if this game was released with a $39 price tag it would have faired better in the review department.  Many of the negative things that are said about stem from its price, so I wouldn't go flipping out over it.  If you like it, then that's all that should matter, otherwise you are going to have a heart attack.
Dart_Mcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dart_Mcloud
Member since 2004 • 2040 Posts
In all fairness, I haven't played the game yet, but I must say a $60 price tag for a multuplayer only game (with only ~9 maps) is a pretty big deterrence for me. I agree when you say graphics aren't such a big deal, but I would like to see a little more effort. I know lots of people don't even care about singleplayer but not everyone has XBL so implementing SP would appeal to a wider fan base. I guess 6.9 isn't a bad score, but it's not a great one either. With the limited options present in the game I can't imagine it to score 7.5+. In the end, if you like it enough to justify a purchase, then who cares what everyone else thinks?
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts

I will play the demo to make up my mind because it was reviewed by Jeff.ag1002

any idea when the demo is coming out?

RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 RabbidDawg
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts
Hmmmm $60.00 for half a game, no thanks, it deserves that score. Hell there are shooters that have a single player campaigne and still have more maps, better graphics, better controls, and more match options multiplayer wise than this game does and its multiplayer only....WTH did they use the rest of the disc space for?
maddcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 maddcow
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I agree.  I rented the game and got bored with it in about 2 hours.  I would never spend $60 on it.  I do however like the way the game is played and if I had some friends to play online with then it would make it fun however I would like a playable storyline.
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts

Great game, lots of fun!

tmacjk786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tmacjk786
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts

[QUOTE="ag1002"]I will play the demo to make up my mind because it was reviewed by Jeff.mother_farter

JUNE 6th
icecoldkilla78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 icecoldkilla78
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts

even though 6.9 is low but if you read the review he didnt bash it too bad. and still, for a game not to have single player and still cost $60 is not rite

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
[QUOTE="mother_farter"]

[QUOTE="ag1002"]I will play the demo to make up my mind because it was reviewed by Jeff.tmacjk786

JUNE 6th

nice! only 3 days away, thanks

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Hmmmm $60.00 for half a game, no thanks, it deserves that score. Hell there are shooters that have a single player campaigne and still have more maps, better graphics, better controls, and more match options multiplayer wise than this game does and its multiplayer only....WTH did they use the rest of the disc space for?RabbidDawg
I guess for some having the disc full for the sake of it isn't a priority.  It's a fun game, and you speak of it as though you played it.  Have you?
Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts

Hmmmm $60.00 for half a game, no thanks, it deserves that score. Hell there are shooters that have a single player campaigne and still have more maps, better graphics, better controls, and more match options multiplayer wise than this game does and its multiplayer only....WTH did they use the rest of the disc space for?RabbidDawg

I have to agree with this. A 6.9 is "fair" borderline "good". This doesn't mean it's a flaming piece of s*** and the company should be ashamed. Fair simply means it's not living up to it's potential. And as the above poster said, it has less to offer (in the multi-player dept.) than some single-player focused games that offer multi. They could've done better. However, the premise is great, so they could've done worse too.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I agree.  I rented the game and got bored with it in about 2 hours.  I would never spend $60 on it.  I do however like the way the game is played and if I had some friends to play online with then it would make it fun however I would like a playable storyline.maddcow
Do you like ANY online shooters with an emphasis on teamplay and cooperation?  This is a niche title, and although some people don't like games of this sort no matter how good they are (personally I hate racing and sports games,) Shadowrun already has a passionate diehard following that think it's an amazing experience (team-based shooter fans, typically.)  If you like customizing your character to create a new 'build' and associated strategy in a creative fashion, you will love this title.  It's certainly more complex than some will be able to appreciate though... if you're playing it like Halo, you're doing it wrong.  And it requires a lot of discussing strategies and careful coordination with your team, often sacraficing your life for the mutual advantage of scoring a point.  And when you die, you can provide recon data for your team and call out warnings and such... a feature I really enjoy.

Plus the controls are a little tricky to get at 1st.  But it's a great shooter for hardcore fans of counter strike, Deus Ex and the Jedi Knight series.

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts
i think it got what it deserved simply because there is just not enough content, no single player and very little maps for multiplayer make this game not worth $60. The most it should be is like $30.
RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#19 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts
yeah i would have a hard time giving a great score to a $60 multiplayer only game that doesn't even have a ladder animation.
cerebrus101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cerebrus101
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yo i rated it 7.9, it should have gotton at least a seven because it is tons of fun plus guys they are coming out with patches for messed up @#$^
Avatar image for StromileSwiftee
StromileSwiftee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StromileSwiftee
Member since 2003 • 385 Posts

I find it incredible that people are getting bent outta shape over a review.  First of all if I'm correct it was only one person from Gamespot who did the review and not the entire Gamespot staff.  So you have a small amount of individuals upset about "one" person's opinion.  Any rational person will not buy a game based on the opinion of one person, but I guess because that person's opinion is plastered on the front of a website people get upset.  For those enjoy Shadowrun and worry about people not buying it because of a review, not to fear... people will find out about what Shadowrun has to offer and if it intigues them, they'll buy it.  A reasonable gamer will find as many reviews as possible to see if a game is worth playing. If there are plenty of bad reviews across the board then there's normally a reason why reviewers trash a game. 

I thought that Crackdown was rated low the by lone Gamespot reviewer, but other reviews said it was worth while and I decided to buy it, and still enjoy it to this day!

(now I know what to write about in my next blog... heh heh)

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
yah, jeff is an idiot. this is, by far, my favorite game on the 360. I've owned every big game from gears, to vegas, and all fail to impress me as much as SR does. SR>>>>>>>>>>>>everything on 360
Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts
No, it's a slightly below average game so it should get a slightly below average score
jc_tkml

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jc_tkml
Member since 2005 • 1172 Posts
pricey and not a lot of good maps then theyll release downloadable maps that could have been in game
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ninjaxams

I find it incredible that people are getting bent outta shape over a review. First of all if I'm correct it was only one person from Gamespot who did the review and not the entire Gamespot staff. So you have a small amount of individuals upset about "one" person's opinion. Any rational person will not buy a game based on the opinion of one person, but I guess because that person's opinion is plastered on the front of a website people get upset. For those enjoy Shadowrun and worry about people not buying it because of a review, not to fear... people will find out about what Shadowrun has to offer and if it intigues them, they'll buy it. A reasonable gamer will find as many reviews as possible to see if a game is worth playing. If there are plenty of bad reviews across the board then there's normally a reason why reviewers trash a game.

I thought that Crackdown was rated low the by lone Gamespot reviewer, but other reviews said it was worth while and I decided to buy it, and still enjoy it to this day!

(now I know what to write about in my next blog... heh heh)

StromileSwiftee
its not the fact that one man thinks its an average game, its the fact the game isn't being judged on its own merits and is not getting the positive attention it deserves.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ninjaxams
No, it's a slightly below average game so it should get a slightly below average scoreFood_Nipple
right, its so below average that almost everyone who has played it on these forums is praising and sticking up for it. there is a damn good reason why ppl are going to such lengths to defend it.
unrealslim09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 unrealslim09
Member since 2006 • 1196 Posts
the ratings are supposed to rate what the game offers, not rate it based on its price
ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
A number is a number. I don't know why people care about it. Yes, it may deter some of the less-than-intelligent people who need to have a game rated 9.5+ before buying it, but for the rest of us, we know how great Shadowrun is.
neXtgenisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 neXtgenisis
Member since 2006 • 775 Posts
jeff is usually good wit reviews.....well i think he is but idk maybe like a low or mid seven
Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts

[QUOTE="Food_Nipple"]No, it's a slightly below average game so it should get a slightly below average scoreninjaxams
right, its so below average that almost everyone who has played it on these forums is praising and sticking up for it. there is a damn good reason why ppl are going to such lengths to defend it.

Yes...they want others to make the same mistake they did so they will be in the same position as everyone else, thus making them not feel as bad about their purchase.  In the cases where people genuinely like the game, I love my share of games that got below average scores (Advent Rising, DBZ TB2 just to name a few).  Just because some people genuinely love games like this doesn't mean it should get higher scores.  I know those games are below average but I love them anyway, same with this game (although in this situation I don't happen to like it)

iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts
i think it got what it deserved simply because there is just not enough content, no single player and very little maps for multiplayer make this game not worth $60. The most it should be is like $30.zombiejonny

i see by your gamercard u have played it. thats coo.
hacknslash12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hacknslash12
Member since 2005 • 125 Posts
lol, why do people think we are trying to get others to "waste their money." I just want other people to know about it because I almost passed on it myself. I'm just glad I didn't because this is honestly one of the best 360 games out there.
LivingDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LivingDesire
It is just a opion, maybe the reviewer didn't play it enough and didn't get into, who knows, will this stop people from buying shadowrun? It might, there are enough of these types of posts, if you believe that you got your moneys worth "good for you" this debate about the score of "6.9" should be mainly settled when the demo comes out on wednesday
crazymunda6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 crazymunda6
Member since 2004 • 1389 Posts
my goodness how can this game not get like 99, just joking to be realistic this game should be well into the 80's, i just boaught it like sunday, however i have to say i put about like 16 hours on that babe already, and i have got to say, this game is pretty amazing. Secondly, if you were to play competitivly, such as gamebattles.com or nxgamer than this babe is just greatness.
CyberpunkKitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CyberpunkKitty

It's an okay score. The game really doesn't do the Shadowrun name justice though, even if it is fun. They just took way too many liberties and turned it into something that just resembles Shadowrun.

I'll play the demo when it comes out though.