360 thoughts on 2009

This topic is locked from further discussion.

THEMAN294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 THEMAN294
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts
Well in my opinion the 360 is dead at the time because its has not anounced new exclusives besides halo 3 ODST. Meanwhile the PS3 has killzone 2 already and they are going for more. In order for the 360 to stay alive this year MS must have a near perfect or perfect confrence at E3 and show some big time exclusives or at least big games. What are your thoughts on the 360 this year.I may be forgetting some big games so help me refresh my mind too.
OmGxxMiKe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 OmGxxMiKe
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
well seeing how our economy is pretty much crappy i expect it to affect the game world tremendously seeing how game developers might be making personnel cuts because not very many people have enough money to buy any games
DeathHeart95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 DeathHeart95
Member since 2008 • 2541 Posts
Some games probably haven't even been announced yet. Most will be announced at major press conferences. Unless they take the "Lost Planet 2" route. By the way, isn't Lost Planet 2 a 360 exclusive?
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
It may look a little weak right now but don't forget Alan Wake and Splinter Cell. After all these years, they should be nearly finished now. And Forza 3 and a couple of new Rare games will probably be shown soon.
DeathHeart95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 DeathHeart95
Member since 2008 • 2541 Posts
I still have high hopes that whenever Kingdom Hearts III is finished that will go multi-platform. Still, it's obviously not going to come out in 09...
Burnsmiesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Burnsmiesta
Member since 2004 • 1672 Posts

I've bought Halo Wars and I'll be getting RE5 soon. Still need to play Fallout 3 and buy Fable 2 so I'm still happy.

oscar_mateo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 oscar_mateo
Member since 2008 • 692 Posts
[QUOTE="THEMAN294"]Well in my opinion the 360 is dead at the time because its has not anounced new exclusives besides halo 3 ODST. Meanwhile the PS3 has killzone 2 already and they are going for more. In order for the 360 to stay alive this year MS must have a near perfect or perfect confrence at E3 and show some big time exclusives or at least big games. What are your thoughts on the 360 this year.I may be forgetting some big games so help me refresh my mind too.

You are right, the360 needs a perfect game likE Metal Gear Solid 4 was for the ps3.
KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KorruptRaiden
Member since 2008 • 878 Posts
[QUOTE="oscar_mateo"][QUOTE="THEMAN294"]Well in my opinion the 360 is dead at the time because its has not anounced new exclusives besides halo 3 ODST. Meanwhile the PS3 has killzone 2 already and they are going for more. In order for the 360 to stay alive this year MS must have a near perfect or perfect confrence at E3 and show some big time exclusives or at least big games. What are your thoughts on the 360 this year.I may be forgetting some big games so help me refresh my mind too.

You are right, the360 needs a perfect game likE Metal Gear Solid 4 was for the ps3.

The ps3 has kz2 and mgs4 now, we need something that we can brag about too, halo wars NO, re5 NO, we need something huge, something original, something truly brilliant, and it better not be a basic noob game like cod or halo.
oscar_mateo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 oscar_mateo

[QUOTE="oscar_mateo"][QUOTE="THEMAN294"]Well in my opinion the 360 is dead at the time because its has not anounced new exclusives besides halo 3 ODST. Meanwhile the PS3 has killzone 2 already and they are going for more. In order for the 360 to stay alive this year MS must have a near perfect or perfect confrence at E3 and show some big time exclusives or at least big games. What are your thoughts on the 360 this year.I may be forgetting some big games so help me refresh my mind too.KorruptRaiden

The ps3 has kz2 and mgs4 now, we need something that we can brag about too, halo wars NO, re5 NO, we need something huge, something original, something truly brilliant, and it better not be a basic noob game like cod or halo.

The ps3 is going to have God of War 3 soon too. The 360 needs another revolutionary game

THEMAN294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 THEMAN294
[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"][QUOTE="oscar_mateo"][QUOTE="THEMAN294"]Well in my opinion the 360 is dead at the time because its has not anounced new exclusives besides halo 3 ODST. Meanwhile the PS3 has killzone 2 already and they are going for more. In order for the 360 to stay alive this year MS must have a near perfect or perfect confrence at E3 and show some big time exclusives or at least big games. What are your thoughts on the 360 this year.I may be forgetting some big games so help me refresh my mind too.

YES!We need a game with a perfect and long story(not to long) with revolutionary online play and high replay value. 2007-08 were great years and I want MS to keep it up
KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KorruptRaiden
[QUOTE="oscar_mateo"][QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"][QUOTE="oscar_mateo"] You are right, the360 needs a perfect game likE Metal Gear Solid 4 was for the ps3.

The ps3 is going to launch God of War 3 soon too.

Im not a fan of it BUT COME ON! im going to assume microsoft is too cheap to aim for some exclusive prospects, i would love a dead space/halo/alien/mass effect style exclusive done as well as kz2 or mgs4.
Burnsmiesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Burnsmiesta

[QUOTE="oscar_mateo"][QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"] The ps3 has kz2 and mgs4 now, we need something that we can brag about too, halo wars NO, re5 NO, we need something huge, something original, something truly brilliant, and it better not be a basic noob game like cod or halo.KorruptRaiden
The ps3 is going to launch God of War 3 soon too.

Im not a fan of it BUT COME ON! im going to assume microsoft is too cheap to aim for some exclusive prospects, i would love a dead space/halo/alien/mass effect style exclusive done as well as kz2 or mgs4.

Well, then you'll need around 4 years to spare.

KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KorruptRaiden

[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"][QUOTE="oscar_mateo"] The ps3 is going to launch God of War 3 soon too.Burnsmiesta

HAHA yeah, but then again, we are in a terrible age of noobish gaming (thanks to cod) that probably wont end for console gaming, especially the xbox with so many kiddies around. I would just love to see developers focus on whats most important about game, the story! no more child bedtime stories like gears of war, more realistic characters would be nice, too much focus on multiplayer these days, we are basically paying more for less.

red192837465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 red192837465
Member since 2008 • 164 Posts

Lets not forget that Microsoft has lots of game that can use DLC (Fable 2, Halo 3) that will get DLC. There is also the new Splinter Cell, Halo Wars that is already out and most importantly, Mass Effect 2 which will be able to put up a fight against God of War 3 for sales.(Don't think I actually think that Mass Effect is better).

Trust me, MC is gonna be fine. I think E3 will be intersting. Don't be surpised when we see a new Rare game.

red192837465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 red192837465
Member since 2008 • 164 Posts

[QUOTE="Burnsmiesta"]

[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"] Im not a fan of it BUT COME ON! im going to assume microsoft is too cheap to aim for some exclusive prospects, i would love a dead space/halo/alien/mass effect style exclusive done as well as kz2 or mgs4.KorruptRaiden

HAHA yeah, but then again, we are in a terrible age of noobish gaming (thanks to cod) that probably wont end for console gaming, especially the xbox with so many kiddies around. I would just love to see developers focus on whats most important about game, the story! no more child bedtime stories like gears of war, more realistic characters would be nice, too much focus on multiplayer these days, we are basically paying more for less.

Gears of War 2 is definately not for "kiddies". The characters are cool too

KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KorruptRaiden

Lets not forget that Microsoft has lots of game that can use DLC (Fable 2, Halo 3) that will get DLC. There is also the new Splinter Cell, Halo Wars that is already out and most importantly, Mass Effect 2 which will be able to put up a fight against God of War 3 for sales.(Don't think I actually think that Mass Effect is better).

Trust me, MC is gonna be fine. I think E3 will be intersting. Don't be surpised when we see a new Rare game.

red192837465
You make a valid point, i beleive mass effect is the title of this generation of gaming, it pretty much almost perfected a sci fi rpg, sp we have ME2 and splinter cell, thats good, but splinter cell will join ps3 im sure, as for halo wars, thats terrible further damage to the franchise was not necessary.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
[QUOTE="THEMAN294"]Well in my opinion the 360 is dead at the time because its has not anounced new exclusives besides halo 3 ODST. Meanwhile the PS3 has killzone 2 already and they are going for more. In order for the 360 to stay alive this year MS must have a near perfect or perfect confrence at E3 and show some big time exclusives or at least big games. What are your thoughts on the 360 this year.I may be forgetting some big games so help me refresh my mind too.oscar_mateo

Perfect? That's a matter of opinion.
KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KorruptRaiden
[QUOTE="oscar_mateo"][QUOTE="THEMAN294"]Well in my opinion the 360 is dead at the time because its has not anounced new exclusives besides halo 3 ODST. Meanwhile the PS3 has killzone 2 already and they are going for more. In order for the 360 to stay alive this year MS must have a near perfect or perfect confrence at E3 and show some big time exclusives or at least big games. What are your thoughts on the 360 this year.I may be forgetting some big games so help me refresh my mind too.capthavic

Let me rephrase that by saying, almost perfect, but most people would agree that they are brilliant.
oscar_mateo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 oscar_mateo
[QUOTE="red192837465"]

KorruptRaiden
You make a valid point, i beleive mass effect is the title of this generation of gaming, it pretty much almost perfected a sci fi rpg, sp we have ME2 and splinter cell, thats good, but splinter cell will join ps3 im sure, as for halo wars, thats terrible further damage to the franchise was not necessary.

But Mass Effect 2 is going out in 2010 and the 360 needs great games to beat in 2009
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
360 is wooping the PS3 in sales. So why do they need to put out some great exclusives every year? Neither Killzone 2 or MGS4 are perfect or even that good. You get much mor gameplay on all the games 360 has out, whether multiplatform or not. 360 has plenty, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Halo 3, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, and now Halo Wars. A lot of people would say those games are near perfect. You get the exclusives when they come it's not all the time. Also you must not of heard of the game thats most likely releasing this year, a 360 exclusive ALAN WAKE. So there's your exclusive right there....lets not forget bioshock which was only a sellout later on.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

all i know is hopefully they don't announce anything big. and look on the bright side....mass effect 2 is coming out

Csalbertcs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Csalbertcs
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts

Rare has a couple of unannounced games in development for 2009 right now. I hope one of them is a Conkers Bad Fur Day sequel, a Perfect Dark game abd something new and original. But I think one of those games will be another Viva Pinata, which I am not much of a fan of.

I still believe Microsoft will be able to deliver this year, because there hasn't been a year where Microsoft hasn't provided for my needs.

And what PS3 really needs know is not only some new amazing games (although it helps a lot), but a price drop, so people who can't afford one, or people like me who would rather spend that $500 (PS3+game = 500) on post-secondary education.

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 capthavic

[QUOTE="capthavic"][QUOTE="oscar_mateo"] You are right, the360 needs a perfect game likE Metal Gear Solid 4 was for the ps3.KorruptRaiden

Let me rephrase that by saying, almost perfect, but most people would agree that they are brilliant.

I don't know if I'd use the work brilliant to describe MGS4 or Killzone 2 either. Anyway I'm not worried. There is plenty of time for unannounced titles and sleeper hits to come out.

Burnsmiesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Burnsmiesta

Rare has a couple of unannounced games in development for 2009 right now. I hope one of them is a Conkers Bad Fur Day sequel, a Perfect Dark game abd something new and original. But I think one of those games will be another Viva Pinata, which I am not much of a fan of.

I still believe Microsoft will be able to deliver this year, because there hasn't been a year where Microsoft hasn't provided for my needs.

And what PS3 really needs know is not only some new amazing games (although it helps a lot), but a price drop, so people who can't afford one, or people like me who would rather spend that $500 (PS3+game = 500) on post-secondary education.

Csalbertcs

Man, what I'd give for a conker sequel.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

The only game that has sparked my interest so far is already out, and that is Star Ocean 4. I still love my 360 though, and I'm sure there's some titles I've missed or that haven't been announced yet.

djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
i think the last two years have spoiled us as a gaming generation. 2007 and 2008 were two of the best years in gaming and people have to get ready for some rough years ahead
jedi3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jedi3r
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

another 360 exclusive is Ninja Blade

fbidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fbidog
Member since 2005 • 413 Posts

Allan Wake,Spliter Cell,Halo 3 ODST, PGR 5, and a new RARE game maybe Perfect Dark 2,Microsoft said they have some secret project on development so just wait for E3....Oh yeah, Fallout 3download exclusive and GTA IV episode 2

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#29 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

[QUOTE="Csalbertcs"]

Burnsmiesta

Man, what I'd give for a conker sequel.

Conker or Perfect Dark would be real nice.

KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KorruptRaiden

[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"][QUOTE="capthavic"] Perfect? That's a matter of opinion.capthavic

I don't know if I'd use the work brilliant to describe MGS4 or Killzone 2 either. Anyway I'm not worried. There is plenty of time for unannounced titles and sleeper hits to come out.

Let me guess your a fanboy, thats quite a pitiful opinion, do you not like great graphics, effective stories and character, great combat, have you the mind of a 8 year old or something?
KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KorruptRaiden

Allan Wake,Spliter Cell,Halo 3 ODST, PGR 5, and a new RARE game maybe Perfect Dark 2,Microsoft said they have some secret project on development so just wait for E3....Oh yeah, Fallout 3download exclusive and GTA IV episode 2

fbidog
Not any game can be considered a top flight exclusive, PGR4 was terrible so i dont see a future for it, splinter cell and odst are the only hope.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 capthavic

[QUOTE="capthavic"]

[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"] Let me rephrase that by saying, almost perfect, but most people would agree that they are brilliant.KorruptRaiden

Let me guess your a fanboy, thats quite a pitiful opinion, do you not like great graphics, effective stories and character, great combat, have you the mind of a 8 year old or something?

Look who's talking. So just because I don't like hour long cutscenes, nonsensical plots, and don't think they are masterpieces that makes me a fanboy? If you like MGS4 and Killzone 2 that's fine, but I personally think that calling them perfect or brilliant is blatent fanboyism. But that's just my opinion so if you don't like it then ignore me and go back to playing them.

BTW I wouldn't use the words perfect or brilliant to describe Halo either.

KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KorruptRaiden

[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"][QUOTE="capthavic"] I don't know if I'd use the work brilliant to describe MGS4 or Killzone 2 either. Anyway I'm not worried. There is plenty of time for unannounced titles and sleeper hits to come out.

capthavic

Look who's talking. So just because I don't like hour long cutscenes, nonsensical plots, and don't think they are masterpieces that makes me a fanboy? If you like MGS4 and Killzone 2 that's fine, but I personally think that calling them perfect or brilliant is blatent fanboyism. But that's just my opinion so if you don't like it then ignore me and go back to playing them.

Are you trying to imply that im a fanboy for the ps3? because im not, i have all 3 console systems and a huge range of titles on each, even more for my laptop. I respect the fact that you dont see them as great as i do, but you have to look at the effectiveness of such stories and character. Final fantasy 7 is the best example of this, take cloud and sephiroth for example, the way they tie in with each other, the way they are developed as the story progresses, if you actually understand the game, the effect is has on you is astonishing, i am yet to meet someone who wasnt upset at the end of crisis core: final fantasy 7. Back to the point of this topic, i have strong hopes for the next splinter cell installment, the game deserves more hype than it has achieved previously.
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
I've said this time again and I will say it again....I don't care about exclusives...as long as I am getting great games to play on the 360, they can be on any and every console....
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
I think it's far from being dead or even suffering. I can name 5 games that I really want. Some of them are multiplats, but they are multiplat on a cheap system that plays multiplats better than the competition 9/10 times. I think exclusives are a bit over rated when people are saying that unless you have a gangload of them, you are dead. Multiplats are games too.
d-high29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 d-high29
Member since 2008 • 332 Posts

I've said this time again and I will say it again....I don't care about exclusives...as long as I am getting great games to play on the 360, they can be on any and every console....NOD_Grindking

ya same here

THEMAN294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 THEMAN294

I'm not going against multi platform games and I'm sorry if it sounds like it because I love most of them but exclusives show how original the console is and the 360 is running low on them right now:cry:

jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jackelzx
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts

i feel there doing great, they have tekken 6 from ps3, the dlcs for gta 4 and fallout 3, froza 3, come on there just a hand full of games or dlc this year, might not be as strong as last years lineupbut there might be some hiden gems that the 360 have to come. i cant wait for them games i listed i know there are more, and next year we have ff13 which was going to be excluvise to ps3. good to see that ps3 have some good games in the line up, but compared to the 360 i stillfind it weaker.

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 capthavic
I respect the fact that you dont see them as great as i do, but you have to look at the effectiveness of such stories and character. KorruptRaiden
I understand what you are saying but I still disagree. They look really nice but underneath that is just a mediocre story and gameplay IMO. But to each his own.
amo_lang123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 amo_lang123
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts

I've said this time again and I will say it again....I don't care about exclusives...as long as I am getting great games to play on the 360, they can be on any and every console....NOD_Grindking

finally someone i can relate to! i dont care if a game is an exclusive, i just want it to be a great game.....

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="capthavic"]

[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"] Let me rephrase that by saying, almost perfect, but most people would agree that they are brilliant.KorruptRaiden

LOL dont see the irony here? you sound like a bigger fanboy than he does....
DragonApoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DragonApoc
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts
[QUOTE="oscar_mateo"][QUOTE="THEMAN294"]Well in my opinion the 360 is dead at the time because its has not anounced new exclusives besides halo 3 ODST. Meanwhile the PS3 has killzone 2 already and they are going for more. In order for the 360 to stay alive this year MS must have a near perfect or perfect confrence at E3 and show some big time exclusives or at least big games. What are your thoughts on the 360 this year.I may be forgetting some big games so help me refresh my mind too.

MGS 4 is garbage... ok it looks great and the controls got alot better but its an fricken movie not a game
KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KorruptRaiden

[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"][QUOTE="capthavic"] I don't know if I'd use the work brilliant to describe MGS4 or Killzone 2 either. Anyway I'm not worried. There is plenty of time for unannounced titles and sleeper hits to come out.

chaoscougar1

LOL dont see the irony here? you sound like a bigger fanboy than he does....

Not really i actually already stated that im not a fanboy, its obvious these games are good.

Coded12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Coded12
Member since 2007 • 323 Posts

I'm not sure- looking at the current line up, it doesn't look too bad to be honest:

• Halo 3:ODST
  • Bioshock 2: Sea of dreams
  • COD: Modern warefare 2
  • Prototype
  • Resident evil 5

To name a few.

Maybe it doesn't look as strong as last years, but who knows. Many of the great games of 2008 were relatively unknown until release??

I wouldn't discount 2009 as being a good 360 year.

sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sourcerah
Member since 2003 • 1214 Posts
^^^^agreed^^^^ and did someone say something about perfect dark 2?? what's the word on that?
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#48 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i'm sure Microsoft will reveal some good games at this years E3.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#49 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

yea its even worst when you look at the wii library of out and announced games for 09 lol ,

thankfully i own all 3 lol ,

so far this year these systems have

wii

nascar kart racers

house of the dead over kill

dead rising chop til drop

madworld

trivial pursuit if your interisted in more party games

ps3

kill zone 2

re5*

and their looking for more