360 slim making loud noise

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Roxas658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Roxas658
Member since 2012 • 111 Posts
About 5-10 minutes of playing a game my Xbox starts making a loud, obnoxious rattling sound. This always happens when I'm playing with a disc- not from any downloaded games. I tried placing my Xbox vertically and the noise went away for a while and then came back again. So I put it back horizontally since I prefer it that way and if it makes noise either way I'd rather have it like that. I found that lifting my Xbox up made the noise go away, so I put a game case underneath the right side and no noises came out for the rest of the time I was playing. Is there anything else I can do to get rid of this noise rather than placing a case underneath my Xbox? Is it better to have it vertically or horizontally to prevent this from happening?
Nercay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nercay
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts

Have you installed the game to your hard drive?

ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2292 Posts
Could be a faulty fan inside the box. It doesn't matter if it's vertical or horizontal. And, if a case stops then maybe consider getting a little piece of rubber backing to put there :)
Roxas658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Roxas658
It doesn't matter if it's installed or not, It still makes that noise :( . Yeah I should get a piece of rubber :) I barely play my Xbox cause the noise is so loud.
ch2423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 ch2423
Member since 2004 • 1978 Posts
I have 2 slims and they both do it. I've noticed that if you take your finger and press down on the plastic piece next to the fan, it will either stop or change the pitch of the noise. All I can figure is that its the plastic case vibrating due to the fan running. I'd love to find a fix for it.
Roxas658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Roxas658
I used to think that it was the disc making noises but I guess not :/ it's honestly the most obnoxious noise - you can't concentrate on the game. I think the rubber is the best way to go.