360 pro and elite

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xerofade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xerofade
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

i am getting an xbox 360 today at night or may be tomorrrow

i had a question

i know the the 360 elite has more hard drive space than the regular one but that doesnt matter to me because i am not going to download the arcade games and something. I just had one question b/w the difference b/w 360 and elite

i have an hdtv. Can a 360 pro play games in high definition on a HDTV? if yes than why does the elite have a HDMI port of HD gaming.

p.s. what does a HDMI port used for?

Gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 Gamer_152
Member since 2006 • 821 Posts
To tell you the truth I'm not sure what the extra port is for but yes, all versions of the 360 definatelyplay HD.
james28893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 james28893
Member since 2007 • 3252 Posts
The Pro can but the HDMI is digital giving a better picture. BUT. The Pro is now being built with HDMI. So the only bonus of the elite it the extra space and the fact that it looks kickass.
Sambo234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sambo234
Member since 2003 • 547 Posts

Only difference

Pro 20gb HDD and it's White

Elite

120 gb HDD and it's Black

XFilthX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XFilthX
Member since 2006 • 498 Posts

Only difference

Elite

Sambo234

That is true, but SOME of the Pro bundles are going to have HDMI output. But only SOME. But none of them has an HDMI cable which only the Elite bundle does.

But yes, HDMI is supposed to make it a bit more clear than just a standard HD hookup.

So unless you have an extremely good HDTV you're hardly going to notice the difference between HDMI and regular HD.

But honestly, I'd get the Elite just because it's only like $100 more and you get alot more. So if you're like me, you'd be kicking yourself later for not buying the Elite.

One thing that I don't like about it is that not all the accesories run in black to match the Elite. (such as HD DVD player, Vision Cam, cooling fan, wireless adapter, etc.)

BikerPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 BikerPunk
Member since 2005 • 966 Posts
[QUOTE="Sambo234"]

Only difference

Elite

XFilthX

That is true, but SOME of the Pro bundles are going to have HDMI output. But only SOME. But none of them has an HDMI cable which only the Elite bundle does.

But yes, HDMI is supposed to make it a bit more clear than just a standard HD hookup.

So unless you have an extremely good HDTV you're hardly going to notice the difference between HDMI and regular HD.

But honestly, I'd get the Elite just because it's only like $100 more and you get alot more. So if you're like me, you'd be kicking yourself later for not buying the Elite.

One thing that I don't like about it is that not all the accesories run in black to match the Elite. (such as HD DVD player, Vision Cam, cooling fan, wireless adapter, etc.)

its no lie. i am still waiting for some of the accessories to become black....thats a big downfall, and if it doesnt match, its kinda ugly. im all about looks on my system as well.

BLoveIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BLoveIV
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

I was torn between the two as well, but I've decided on getting the Pro. I can get the 360 Pro and GH3 for the same price as an Elite. More fun with the same amount of cash.

cashmonkey78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cashmonkey78
Member since 2003 • 58 Posts

I'd get the Pro, but make sure you get the newer revision with the HDMI port AND the new Falcon GPU. Honestly, the bigger HDD of the Elite isn't even worth it at this point(I own an Elite). If I would have had the option of getting the current Pro and the current Elite, I would have gone Pro all the way. It does bother me that there are little to no BLACK accessories for the supposed Elite ie. "best" system. What's the deal? MS really messed up here.

xboxmaniac612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xboxmaniac612
Member since 2007 • 46 Posts
just one thing ... im about to get a 360 too !:D! soo umm is the 20gb wit pro enough for normal use like alot of saved games and maybe some demo downloads??? thnxx
Sambo234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sambo234
[QUOTE="Sambo234"]

Only difference

Elite

XFilthX

I guess I lucked out and got HDMI on friday...

that mean I also got the 65 mm chip?

superbeefy2050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 superbeefy2050
Member since 2006 • 42 Posts
Should've waited to get your 360. In about 1 week microsoft is releasing a holiday bundle with Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel for the same $350 price tag. They're also making an elite holiday package for the same price as the elites now.
zgreenwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#12 zgreenwell
Member since 2007 • 1140 Posts

i am getting an xbox 360 today at night or may be tomorrrow

i had a question

i know the the 360 elite has more hard drive space than the regular one but that doesnt matter to me because i am not going to download the arcade games and something. I just had one question b/w the difference b/w 360 and elite

i have an hdtv. Can a 360 pro play games in high definition on a HDTV? if yes than why does the elite have a HDMI port of HD gaming.

p.s. what does a HDMI port used for?

xerofade

If your HDTV has an HDMI port you'll want to use it. HDMI carries the digital HD signal and the audio with one cable. Its clean a neat and the picture and sound is the best you can get. The pro systems has an HDMI port, but you'll have to buy the cable yourself. Check the prices because HDMI cables are really expensive. The pro comes with componenet cables only. Which don't allow 108p upconversion and do not upconvert DVDs, if you would use your 360 to play DVDs that is.

Also, the Elite system has the 120GB hard drive. I didn't think I would ever use that, but there are a few things you can do to eat up storage space real quick. Downloading the shivering isles expansion is one example. You can get a lot of milage out of the 20GB hard drive, but I would perfer to have the extra space myself.

the_animals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_animals
Member since 2004 • 329 Posts
The reason for the HDMI port is for 1080p which is the highest resolution you can get on a tv right now. But some HDTVs have started supporting 1080p through component cables anyway.
Sambo234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sambo234

Should've waited to get your 360. In about 1 week microsoft is releasing a holiday bundle with Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel for the same $350 price tag. They're also making an elite holiday package for the same price as the elites now.superbeefy2050

That's the package I got, but I traded both games in on the spot.

arcelice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 arcelice
Member since 2007 • 702 Posts
pro wins. end of discussion.