360 not starting

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trident_hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Trident_hawk
Member since 2009 • 76 Posts

My old power adapter got fried because of high voltage so i just got a new one. But the 360 doesnt start unless I press the eject button and its making more noise now. Can anyone pls help me out.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#2 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

Seems you broke the on button. You could open up your 360 and fix the plastic that behind the 360 on switch, which has a 90% chance of being the problem (could be your on switch permanently broke - connection to motherboard could be fried). This option will void your warranty. On the other hand, you could send in your 360, and more than likely, they will not even bother fixing it, and just let you get a new one. Get a memory unit though, because they recall the harddrive, which has all your save data in it. =P

fjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 fjosh
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

That wouldn't explain why it's making more noise though. Is it significantly louder? What do you mean by high voltage? If the brick was sent a high enough spike of electricity to kill it and it was plugged into your 360...

oclane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 oclane
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts

what year was your console built as the more recently built consoles made by jasper have a specific power supply that is different from the previous versions of the console i think the newer model has a lower power requirement the new power supply could be higher than required this could explain the higher fan noises or this could all be completely backwards and the supply is not enough

bm1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 bm1212
Member since 2009 • 559 Posts

Another problem linked to 360...

bm1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 bm1212
Member since 2009 • 559 Posts

Another problem linked to 360...

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#7 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

what year was your console built as the more recently built consoles made by jasper have a specific power supply that is different from the previous versions of the console i think the newer model has a lower power requirement the new power supply could be higher than required this could explain the higher fan noises or this could all be completely backwards and the supply is not enough

oclane

The power supply probably has nothing to do with it. it is most likely two different problems that occured at the same time. The power switch got fried because of overuse, or because of moving the 360 while on (or due to the new adapter or whatever), and the noise is coming from the disk reader which happens to brand new consoles, and really old consoles. If the console is brand new, it should stop shortly, if it is old, get it checked out.