360 Headset on the PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jake-sf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jake-sf
Member since 2006 • 2923 Posts

I don't know if thats a PC or 360 issue, really, but I'll try here anyway.

I have a wired controller I've been using for a while on my PC. I heard you could use your headset on your PC (I want it for the Mic, actually). So I plugged the headset to the controller and its detected, but it seems like the Mic doesn't work.

Is it possible to make it work on PC? If so, how? I would be thankful for any answers.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
not sure on that one, search the interwebs and something may turn up.
jake-sf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jake-sf

I have, trust me, unlike most, I've searched before posting, including google and playing with the sounds options in the computer, no luck came out.

Thats why I'm asking here, I really haven't found any "good" results yet. Best I came up is some peope saying it didn't work, but no solution.

jake-sf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jake-sf

bump
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
you can use the wireless mics on the computer if you have the wireless recivernot sure about wired though\
jake-sf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jake-sf

you can use the wireless mics on the computer if you have the wireless recivernot sure about wired though\FUBAR24

Right, is this a joke? The 360 came with a WIRELESS controller and a WIRED headset. The PC only supports WIRED controllers and WIRELESS headset.

Wow.

Thanks anyway.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts
not sure about all games but its possible to use a wired headset with some.
xexis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xexis
Member since 2003 • 328 Posts

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/55158

There ya go use the Wired Controller with a USB cable that connects to the 360 and then connect the wired headset into the controller, make sure you plug it in after you install the drivers, I did this when my logitech headset broke and I needed one for Teamspeak so I could raid on WoW.

nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 nosferatu
Member since 2002 • 4292 Posts

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]you can use the wireless mics on the computer if you have the wireless recivernot sure about wired though\jake-sf

Right, is this a joke? The 360 came with a WIRELESS controller and a WIRED headset. The PC only supports WIRED controllers and WIRELESS headset.

Wow.

Thanks anyway.

Think for a second....

The wireless receiver can pick up a signal from a wireless controller including the mic on it. It can also pick up the signal from any other 360 wireless device (like the headset). Or you could plug in a wired controller with a headset. All of those combinations work....

PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]you can use the wireless mics on the computer if you have the wireless recivernot sure about wired though\jake-sf

Wow.

Thanks anyway.

The wireless receiver pics up the wireless controller too..

Also, the wired headset that comes with the 30$ chatpad works like any other mic with no controller needed.

__WAR10CK__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 __WAR10CK__
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Wow.

Thanks anyway.

No if you were to buy a wireless reciver for your pc you would be able to use you wireless controllers for your pc games personally i have never tried using a wireless headset on a pc but im guessing it must work in the same way = ]
__WAR10CK__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 __WAR10CK__
Would i be able to use the xbox 360 wireless headset on any game (e.g call of duty 4) or can i only use it on games for windows games (e.g crysis) = S
eras_amus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 eras_amus
okay was looking into this to see if i could plug the charger cord into a usb slot and use my 360 wireless headset as a mic, but after reading this and futher inspection it looks as if the cord only charges and isnt able to send data. so my new question is, im bigger fan of bluetooth devices, never really got a wireless anything, does what everyone here has said also apply to a bluetooth headset for a cell phone, and also i have built-in mic for skype, does anyone know the sound quality of these and if people using them get annoying for backround noises, any imput would be greatly appreciated
Plinioisonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Plinioisonfire
Member since 2009 • 74 Posts

i also got a messager keyboard does that work on pc too?

fsxfleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fsxfleet
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I dont have the Xbox controller wired to the computer is there a certain adapter to wire the Xbox 360 headset to the computer
smeagol175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 smeagol175
Hey, I recently bought CoD: Black Ops for the PC. I use my 360 wireless controller and receiver, as well as a wired Microsoft 360 headset that attaches to the bottom of the controller. However, I cannot seem to get the mic to work in game. It senses my voice in the settings menu and in the Windows configuration for the mic itself. Any solutions as to why I can't voice chat while playing Black Ops online?
callmemvp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 callmemvp
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I'm having the same issue as smeagol175
DAV1DR1CHARDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DAV1DR1CHARDS
Go into sound options and find the Xbox 360 mic on the "Recording" Tab , right click it and click "Set as Default Device" and problem solved :D
MacMarsh11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MacMarsh11
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Sooo...I have a skullcandy lowrider xbox 360 headset is there an adapter i can use to use the head set on my pc? if not are the lowrider headsets with the mic good enough quality to use for gaming?