360 gamertag transfer question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

muddyalcapones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 muddyalcapones
Member since 2004 • 3259 Posts

Hi, I have a few questions that need answering, so any help you all can give would be great. First off, my 360 got the "red lights of death" and I couldn't fix it on my own. my microsoft warranty has expired, but I purchased a 2-year replacement policy from Best Buy where I got it so I took it in today. They said there's no problem with replacing it, but I cant keep my own HDD with all my information on it; I'd have to get a new empty one. Now, Im perfectly OK with losing my saved game files, but what I want to know is this: If I get a new 360 + HDD will I be able to keep these three things: My Gamertag, Gamerscore, and will I be able to redownload my arcade games for free to a new system? I understand that there's no way to recover the saved game files, but i'd hate to have to re-pay for my 10 or so arcade games. can anyone give me an answer as to how getting your gamer info to a new system works?

thanks in advance for any help.

kalboism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kalboism
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts
go to xbox live and i think it will give you a selection whether to make a new profil or recover you old gamertag i think that answers you question/s?
TheSmacK420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheSmacK420
Member since 2003 • 926 Posts

Hi, I have a few questions that need answering, so any help you all can give would be great. First off, my 360 got the "red lights of death" and I couldn't fix it on my own. my microsoft warranty has expired, but I purchased a 2-year replacement policy from Best Buy where I got it so I took it in today. They said there's no problem with replacing it, but I cant keep my own HDD with all my information on it; I'd have to get a new empty one. Now, Im perfectly OK with losing my saved game files, but what I want to know is this: If I get a new 360 + HDD will I be able to keep these three things: My Gamertag, Gamerscore, and will I be able to redownload my arcade games for free to a new system? I understand that there's no way to recover the saved game files, but i'd hate to have to re-pay for my 10 or so arcade games. can anyone give me an answer as to how getting your gamer info to a new system works?

thanks in advance for any help.

muddyalcapones

Yes, just use account recovery from the 360 live menu and enter the required info.....you'll be able to get all your downloads and your score will remain intact....

kalboism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kalboism
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts
unless your not connected to live every single time you play some acheivements arent unlocked
omg_GoW_pwner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 omg_GoW_pwner
Member since 2007 • 168 Posts
go to xbox live and i think it will give you a selection whether to make a new profil or recover you old gamertag i think that answers you question/s?kalboism
what he said,my you should ALWAYS know your password and username and everything you put in when you joined xbox live