30 reasons to get Fable 2 and 5 reasons not to

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Syrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Syrenz
Member since 2008 • 766 Posts

Reasons to get Fable 2:

#1- Fable 2 takes place 500 years after Fable 1.

#2- Online Co-op will be available (you will have to make sure you only co-op with someone you really know, as the person can mess up your world i.e. killing your family).

#3- Couch co-op.

#4- The host of co-op can decide what share the guest gets of the gold and exp in your world.

#5- Guests will get an hourly rate of pay for helping the host.

#6- You can rename every NPC.

#7-You can get married and have kids.

#8- You can customize you character's appearance.

#9- You can massacre entire cities.

#10-You may have a bard follow you and sing of your glory, if you don't like his voice- kill him.

#11- You can have a sword, rifle, use magic and more...

#12- You have a dog who follows you and fights in battle and helps you find things.

#13- If your dog gets injured you do not have to heal him, but no matter his injury he will follow you- even if he has a leg wound, it maytakehours but he will catch up.

#14- You can play with your dog (i.e. fetch).

#15- You can snipe with your rifle.

#16- Overfeeding your dog can result in it becoming fat (then it must go on a diet).

#17- You can have someone sculpt a statue of you.

#18-You will get more experience for fightning with style and not button mashing.

#19- Jobs include being a blacksmith, assassin, bartending and henchmen as well as others.

#20-If you ignore or abuse your spouse you can get cheated on.

#21-If you divorce your wife she gets half of your assets.

#22-If you play as a female you can become pregnant.

#23- There will be an acheivement for being an evil landlord ( raising your rent extremely high).

#24- If your spouse gets killed you will have to send your children to an orphanage.

#25- The appearance of your children depends on the appearance of you and your spouse.

#26- There will be a 10-15 hour storyline and hundreds of hours of content in side-quests.

#27- You can be good or evil.

#28-Your appearance as well as your dogs will change according to you being good or evil.

#29- It will be easier to be evil.

#30-You can string together powerful combos using your sword magic and gun together.

Reasons not to:

#1-Nothing above is 100% guranteed.

#2-With PM's past #1 is a reason to worry.

#4-No loot drops.

#5-Any suggestions?

monkey_monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 monkey_monger
Member since 2005 • 3096 Posts
#3-Some things (such as online co-op) are not going to be included when you buy the disc-they will supposedly be made availabe as DLC.

It is there now...

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=256886

DL on release

Also it is more of a list of features than reasons to buy the game...

dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dejo256
Member since 2005 • 2580 Posts

4. Your butt is broke and can't afford it.

Haeravon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Haeravon
Member since 2004 • 764 Posts
#5. The combat animations are largely recycled from the first game, and combat looks paper-thin.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

lets see 100 % guranteed every freaken game as this problem and eveyr one knows that untill game is released FAILED

2 kk. w/e but peter did pronmise everyhting he said and he has backed eveything up with videos so really you FAILED

3 dlc its an update kid theres a differnce and and onl;ine wont be in the game but its confirmed lionhead is done aready with the update soon as u put disk in boomm updated and if you cant update it then you must have no xbox live so whats the point? Failed AGAIN

gush your sounding like peter 4 years ago

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

Reasons not to:

Syrenz

This was my favorite part of the thread.

You really can't believe a word Molyneux says. And I hate when he promotes the game, small accomplishments are like world-changing to him. "You have yellow powers, blue powers, red powers and green powers" Wow...

Syrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Syrenz

lets see 100 % guranteed every freaken game as this problem and eveyr one knows that untill game is released FAILED

2 kk. w/e but peter did pronmise everyhting he said and he has backed eveything up with videos so really you FAILED

3 dlc its an update kid theres a differnce and and onl;ine wont be in the game but its confirmed lionhead is done aready with the update soon as u put disk in boomm updated and if you cant update it then you must have no xbox live so whats the point? Failed AGAIN

gush your sounding like peter 4 years ago

k2theswiss

I didn't understand a word of your first sentence sorry.

2. Not everything I listed has been backed by video.

3. I changed that- the guy before you already let me know.

Syrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Syrenz
[QUOTE="Syrenz"]

Reasons not to:

Mau-Justice

This was my favorite part of the thread.

You really can't believe a word Molyneux says. And I hate when he promotes the game, small accomplishments are like world-changing to him. "You have yellow powers, blue powers, red powers and green powers" Wow...

I love when his face lights up when he talks about how great it's going to be, every video I see he is always talking about that he is really excited for this game and he thinks it will be scoring a 9.0-9.5 on most review sites supposedly. I'm just worried about the accuracy of what he says. Some things he has shown on video but not nearly everything.

LiquidEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LiquidEffect
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts
there is loot drops. In the first one there was? Was there?
Syrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Syrenz
I don't know about the first one but I'm pretty sure that there are no loot drops in this one- I've seen a lot of pople complainig about it. Let me know if I'm wrong though...
EvilAshTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EvilAshTwin
Member since 2008 • 690 Posts

In most games loot drops are overrated and tend to nullify the whole point to the in game currency. Now granted the currency in Fable does serve alot of purposes but still having a massive loot table found in games like MassEffect, TooHuman and Diablo would really hurt this game.

As for Fable 1, yes there were some loot drops. Different jewels would drop, as well as mana/health potions.

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
lol i did this one thread a long time ago having 100 reasons to get too human. they werent good reasons but it was kinda funny.
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts

In most games loot drops are overrated and tend to nullify the whole point to the in game currency. Now granted the currency in Fable does serve alot of purposes but still having a massive loot table found in games like MassEffect, TooHuman and Diablo would really hurt this game.

As for Fable 1, yes there were some loot drops. Different jewels would drop, as well as mana/health potions.

EvilAshTwin
no loot drops whaaA? no loot drops what kind of rpg has no loot drops i love loot drop games. i dont see what you mean.
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts
The only thing that kind of sucks is that no money drops. I mean hell I was pretty poor when money droped in the first one.
Syrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Syrenz

lol i did this one thread a long time ago having 100 reasons to get too human. they werent good reasons but it was kinda funny.dkdk999

that was yours? that's actually the basis of this thread, I thought 100 was too much so I shortened it to 30.