25 emplyees have left Infinity Ward. Holy C***!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Hickamie14
Member since 2007 • 1652 Posts

That is a truly staggering amount of employees to leave IW. Apparently, that represents the "bulk" of Infinity Ward's "Brain trust"--whatever that means.

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

I think they are planning to make a developing team of their own, but we'll see i guess

XxKillface32xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 XxKillface32xX
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts

Good, maybe the employees that left will make a better shooter than the complete disapointment of MW2, i will NEVER buy another call of duty game, best of luck to the employees that left.

famoussasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 famoussasjohn
Member since 2009 • 230 Posts

I think they are planning to make a developing team of their own, but we'll see i guess

laliberte11
They all seem to be joining Respawn..
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

That is a truly staggering amount of employees to leave IW. Apparently, that represents the "bulk" of Infinity Ward's "Brain trust"--whatever that means.

Hickamie14
lol brain trust refers to the best and brightest, can be used ironically (in this case it isnt) against people with less than outstanding intelligence
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts

Good, maybe the employees that left will make a better shooter than the complete disapointment of MW2, i will NEVER buy another call of duty game, best of luck to the employees that left.

XxKillface32xX
Im with you on this one
Suicide-Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#7 Suicide-Panda
Member since 2009 • 583 Posts

I'm Not buying an Infinity ward one, but i'll buy a treyarch one, i love theirs :)

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
All they'll do is give them a rough draft of the game and they'll work from there. People make it sound like they have to start all over and come up with something new..lol. How hard can it be to finish working from the point where the old employees left off at? And as much as I despise Activision for the way they treated the originals that made the game a success in the first place, it's not like the people that left Infinity Ward are the only good developers out there. They can, and will be replaced with minds alike!!
patsfan217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 patsfan217
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts

I'm Not buying an Infinity ward one, but i'll buy a treyarch one, i love theirs :)

Suicide-Panda

Same here! It seems like Treyarch gets a bad rap, but they did a good job of putting out DLC and they have NAZI ZOMBIES!!!!!

MCDogDoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MCDogDoo
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

Interesting phrase you used for the thread title. I've never seen the c-word used in that context :D

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I guess Activision is hiring, get those resume's together people lol.
GamerLegend10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 GamerLegend10
Member since 2010 • 3358 Posts

[QUOTE="Suicide-Panda"]

patsfan217

Same here! It seems like Treyarch gets a bad rap, but they did a good job of putting out DLC and they have NAZI ZOMBIES!!!!!

yeah i really liked COD5 (played a mates cod 3 and was ok), so i will buy the next cod(zombies is good fun), but i also really like infinity ward (especially COD4, the best cod and probably best modern FPS and online game)

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

[QUOTE="Suicide-Panda"]

patsfan217

Treyarch definitely isn't a bad developer, but they are not very creative. The gameplay and mechanics of WaW felt completely copy and pasted from CoD4.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Well you cant really blame them, people were ready for a public execution when they heard it wasn't going to be IW doing the next CoD game. Of course to appease these fans they probably felt the need to try and capture the basic feel of CoD4. But also CoD and the FPS genre in general had been following a pretty basic template for years, so of course it would feel similar regardless.
patsfan217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 patsfan217
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts

[QUOTE="patsfan217"]

[QUOTE="Suicide-Panda"]

Englando_IV

Treyarch definitely isn't a bad developer, but they are not very creative. The gameplay and mechanics of WaW felt completely copy and pasted from CoD4.

Yeah, I know. Forgive me if I have bias towards WaW, it was the first game I got for the 360 and I spent over 250 hours on it. Even though they're not very creative, I do like some of the cool historical settingsTreyarch does, and as I said before, zombies.

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts
[QUOTE="patsfan217"]

[QUOTE="Suicide-Panda"]

the reason treyarch is worse is because, when you go to veteran difficulty, the enemy doesn't get harder to fight, they just spam grenede