Should i get Psi-ops, Second Sight or both?

SpazH3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SpazH3d
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts

I heard Second Sight has a longer and better story. But Psi-ops gets better review scores.

Whick one should i pick? Im leaning more towards SS. 

higherARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 higherARC
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts
If I were to get one, I would go for Psi-ops. I've played the demo and it has some of the best physics I've seen in a game to this day. Psi-ops also has great gameplay elements that let you play the levels multiple times having many outcomes.
the_GUNN_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#3 the_GUNN_man
Member since 2003 • 2717 Posts
I played the demo of Second Sight and that is was good. I own Psi-Ops and thought it was great. I think Psi-Ops would be a good pick up especially under $20.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts
Psi-Ops for sure. Even after you finish the main game there are like a billion little extra things you can do....
killeryoda85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 killeryoda85
Member since 2006 • 499 Posts
I had Psi-Ops and took it back the next day! not impressed. havnt played second sight but it cant be any worse!
SpazH3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SpazH3d
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts
Heh thats some mixed opinions... but i think ill pick up both eventually, its like, 2 games for one price(if you have a 360 console) And i bet they´re both great, thanks guys!
Avatar image for Apathetic_Prick
Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Apathetic_Prick
Member since 2003 • 4789 Posts

I've actually been considering getting either, as well.

The problem is, you can't really judge anything based on a review score, you need to get the whole picture. 

Those who've played either, state why you liked or disliked them.  I'd certainly like to find out what makes either so good or bad beyond "physics".  Cool physics really does a mont to little more than throwing corpses around for the sake of juvenile amusement.

clubside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 clubside
Member since 2004 • 667 Posts
Psi-Ops is much more action packed and fun. Second Sight has a more interesting story but can be frustrating at times. Both were good games, but if I were to replay one it would be Psi-Ops.
Pvt_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pvt_Murphy
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
Cool physics really does a mont to little more than throwing corpses around for the sake of juvenile amusement.Apathetic_Prick

Not if you can use parts of the environment to fight you enemies. e.g you throw crates at them, or you crush a tree onto them, or you push a car into their way, etc. Physics are more than rag-doll-effects. :)
The-Bulldozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 The-Bulldozer
Member since 2003 • 46303 Posts
Psi-ops
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Both games are unbelievably underrated, but Psi-Ops is the better buy of the two. Second Sight isn't that far off though.
Avatar image for Apathetic_Prick
Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Apathetic_Prick
Member since 2003 • 4789 Posts

[QUOTE="Apathetic_Prick"]Cool physics really does a mont to little more than throwing corpses around for the sake of juvenile amusement.Pvt_Murphy

Not if you can use parts of the environment to fight you enemies. e.g you throw crates at them, or you crush a tree onto them, or you push a car into their way, etc. Physics are more than rag-doll-effects. :)

Slight problem. This is hardly original, and anyone that played Deus Ex: Invisible War would know that.  Not to mention Crap-Life 2.

mothman7415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 mothman7415
Member since 2006 • 681 Posts
Psi-Ops by far, I was not that blown away by second sight, both equally underrated though.
xnon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 xnon1
Member since 2005 • 1588 Posts
I played  Psi-Ops , great game .
camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts
Second Sight was like a mix between Sci Ops and Timesplitters. Sci Ops is slightly better but they're both great, it's not like an easily decisive decision.
Pvt_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pvt_Murphy
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts

[QUOTE="Pvt_Murphy"][QUOTE="Apathetic_Prick"]Cool physics really does a mont to little more than throwing corpses around for the sake of juvenile amusement.Apathetic_Prick

Slight problem. This is hardly original, and anyone that played Deus Ex: Invisible War would know that. Not to mention Crap-Life 2.

Its the future, man!
And you can't really count Deus Ex: Invisible War because the physics were really bad, and you couldn't hurt people with it. You can throw crates around, but bashing a crate onto someones head doesn't hurt him. If you do it to friendly NPCs they won't even notice it. Great...
So apart from Halflife 2 you don't have a game that does it this way. I'd say that's pretty original... ;)

Thaumaturgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#17 Thaumaturgy
Member since 2005 • 704 Posts
Forgett about those games and get Psychonauts! You dont have to thank me.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
i'd pick up both games, they are really good games