xboxgamefx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 xboxgamefx
Member since 2005 • 782 Posts
What's the shortest game that you've ever played?  Shortest game I've played was Spiderman 1 The Movie.  I had some fun with it though
Evangelions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Evangelions
Member since 2006 • 156 Posts
capcom, fighting evolution
zombiekiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 zombiekiller1
Member since 2006 • 145 Posts
State of Emergency
tlcain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 tlcain
Member since 2003 • 3769 Posts
Star Wars Episode 3
guitarplayer20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 guitarplayer20
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts
gauntlet seven sorrows, 4 hours.
Pvt_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Pvt_Murphy
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
Darkwatch (246 minutes on my first time). It was awesome though and the game has a good amount of replay value so the short playtime isn´t as bad as it might sound.
what_the_deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 what_the_deuce
Member since 2003 • 46 Posts

I had high hopes for Tomb Raider: Legend

Until I found it too easy and was annoyed that less than 6hrs later there was'nt much to do other than unlock costumes.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Excluding fighting games, it would have to be Lego Star Wars. You could achieve 100% completion in, oh about 5-7 hours.
Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#9 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
Stubbs the Zombie... it was a little under 4 hours with a friend
Quickee42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 Quickee42
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts
Gun could easily be completed by someone good at shooters within about 3 hours. With side-missions, maybe 6.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
Star Wars Episode 3tlcain

Agreed. I have played some short games but this one was truely very short with almost no replay value.
Lance_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Lance_C
Member since 2004 • 34544 Posts
Tome & Jerry: War of the Whiskers. I completed the game in 2 hours
jtamimi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 jtamimi1
Member since 2004 • 518 Posts
on the XBOX : Panzer Dragoon Orta , only 2.5 Hours :(
DrCoCoPiMp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DrCoCoPiMp
Member since 2005 • 4088 Posts
gauntlet seven sorrows took me like 3 hours
TunaFish1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TunaFish1982
Member since 2006 • 164 Posts
ive noticed that xbox is full of incredibly short games. ive read a ton of reviews for many different games and shortness is always a factor in xbox games. even their RPG games are super short. i just picked up chronicles of riddick and i havent even played it yet but i read the review just now and found out that its an incredibly short game. when i had a playstation and a playstation 2, i didnt have too many games but the games i did have were all 60+ hours long. they were mostly RPG games though. i started playing xbox games and tried out all their RPG games like fable, jade empire, star wars KOTOR 2, and morrowind. ill be the first to admit that jade empire, KOTOR 2, and fable were absolute garbage. i dont know how in the world those games get such high ratings by everyone but they were among the worst RPG games ive ever played. i take it that most xbox owners havent played a truely great RPG like the ones that can be found on sony systems because when you played sony RPG games for so long, then you switch to xbox RPG games, the difference in quality is huge.. fable, i couldnt even get into. played it maybe 2 hours. jade empire i nearly beat but quit playing because it was boring and generic, KOTOR 2 was absolute **** one of the worst games ive ever played. morrowind on the other hand, is an excellant game although i have grown tired of it at the moment.
GoldenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GoldenSurfer
Member since 2003 • 790 Posts

I found MechAssualt to be pretty short for the single player campaign.

esbshalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 esbshalo
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
I would say Tomb Raider: Legends, shortest game I've played
Avatar image for baltimoreravens
baltimoreravens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 baltimoreravens
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts
max payne 2
xboxgamefx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 xboxgamefx
Member since 2005 • 782 Posts
ive noticed that xbox is full of incredibly short games. ive read a ton of reviews for many different games and shortness is always a factor in xbox games. even their RPG games are super short. i just picked up chronicles of riddick and i havent even played it yet but i read the review just now and found out that its an incredibly short game. when i had a playstation and a playstation 2, i didnt have too many games but the games i did have were all 60+ hours long. they were mostly RPG games though. i started playing xbox games and tried out all their RPG games like fable, jade empire, star wars KOTOR 2, and morrowind. ill be the first to admit that jade empire, KOTOR 2, and fable were absolute garbage. i dont know how in the world those games get such high ratings by everyone but they were among the worst RPG games ive ever played. i take it that most xbox owners havent played a truely great RPG like the ones that can be found on sony systems because when you played sony RPG games for so long, then you switch to xbox RPG games, the difference in quality is huge.. fable, i couldnt even get into. played it maybe 2 hours. jade empire i nearly beat but quit playing because it was boring and generic, KOTOR 2 was absolute **** one of the worst games ive ever played. morrowind on the other hand, is an excellant game although i have grown tired of it at the moment. TunaFish1982

U actually thought KOTOR and morrowind were bad games?? idk about jade empire but I heard that it was overrated.....especially IGN giving it 9.9
Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#20 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

Farcry instincts and deus ex invisible war,

dont get me wrong, they are great games

Homer: Operator, give me the number for 911. lol

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

[QUOTE="TunaFish1982"]ive noticed that xbox is full of incredibly short games. ive read a ton of reviews for many different games and shortness is always a factor in xbox games. even their RPG games are super short. i just picked up chronicles of riddick and i havent even played it yet but i read the review just now and found out that its an incredibly short game. when i had a playstation and a playstation 2, i didnt have too many games but the games i did have were all 60+ hours long. they were mostly RPG games though. i started playing xbox games and tried out all their RPG games like fable, jade empire, star wars KOTOR 2, and morrowind. ill be the first to admit that jade empire, KOTOR 2, and fable were absolute garbage. i dont know how in the world those games get such high ratings by everyone but they were among the worst RPG games ive ever played. i take it that most xbox owners havent played a truely great RPG like the ones that can be found on sony systems because when you played sony RPG games for so long, then you switch to xbox RPG games, the difference in quality is huge.. fable, i couldnt even get into. played it maybe 2 hours. jade empire i nearly beat but quit playing because it was boring and generic, KOTOR 2 was absolute **** one of the worst games ive ever played. morrowind on the other hand, is an excellant game although i have grown tired of it at the moment. xboxgamefx

U actually thought KOTOR and morrowind were bad games?? idk about jade empire but I heard that it was overrated.....especially IGN giving it 9.9

He didnt say that morrowind was a bad game at all. he said it was an exellent game. Which it is allthough i play the pc version

babyhuntar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 babyhuntar
Member since 2005 • 332 Posts

well Tomb raider legend

spyk3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 spyk3
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Black was damn short.
XpertGamer09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 XpertGamer09
Member since 2004 • 422 Posts
Fable...got that game done in 3 days.
GetsPaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GetsPaid
Member since 2002 • 32 Posts
Black
TunaFish1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TunaFish1982
Member since 2006 • 164 Posts
[QUOTE="TunaFish1982"]ive noticed that xbox is full of incredibly short games. ive read a ton of reviews for many different games and shortness is always a factor in xbox games. even their RPG games are super short. i just picked up chronicles of riddick and i havent even played it yet but i read the review just now and found out that its an incredibly short game. when i had a playstation and a playstation 2, i didnt have too many games but the games i did have were all 60+ hours long. they were mostly RPG games though. i started playing xbox games and tried out all their RPG games like fable, jade empire, star wars KOTOR 2, and morrowind. ill be the first to admit that jade empire, KOTOR 2, and fable were absolute garbage. i dont know how in the world those games get such high ratings by everyone but they were among the worst RPG games ive ever played. i take it that most xbox owners havent played a truely great RPG like the ones that can be found on sony systems because when you played sony RPG games for so long, then you switch to xbox RPG games, the difference in quality is huge.. fable, i couldnt even get into. played it maybe 2 hours. jade empire i nearly beat but quit playing because it was boring and generic, KOTOR 2 was absolute **** one of the worst games ive ever played. morrowind on the other hand, is an excellant game although i have grown tired of it at the moment. xboxgamefx

no, i actually thought morrowind was great. its completely mind boggling that people give the other RPG games i listed such high ratings. i fell for all the hype on these games expecting masterpeices, instead they turned out to be absolute garbage. boring story lines, boring fighting, too short, and just plain generic is the only way i can explain these games. if jade empire got a 9.9 at IGN the new final fantasy game should be off the charts with their score. personally, games like jade empire, fable, KOTOR 2 a D and C level games to me personally. nothing about these games are truely mind blowing the way some games on sony are.
cinder_maker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cinder_maker
Member since 2003 • 3622 Posts
God Of War for Playstation 2. I bought that system for said game, it was by far the most enjoyable game experience I have ever had, sadly. It was also nearly the shortest.
Quickee42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 Quickee42
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts
[QUOTE="xboxgamefx"][QUOTE="TunaFish1982"]ive noticed that xbox is full of incredibly short games. ive read a ton of reviews for many different games and shortness is always a factor in xbox games. even their RPG games are super short. i just picked up chronicles of riddick and i havent even played it yet but i read the review just now and found out that its an incredibly short game. when i had a playstation and a playstation 2, i didnt have too many games but the games i did have were all 60+ hours long. they were mostly RPG games though. i started playing xbox games and tried out all their RPG games like fable, jade empire, star wars KOTOR 2, and morrowind. ill be the first to admit that jade empire, KOTOR 2, and fable were absolute garbage. i dont know how in the world those games get such high ratings by everyone but they were among the worst RPG games ive ever played. i take it that most xbox owners havent played a truely great RPG like the ones that can be found on sony systems because when you played sony RPG games for so long, then you switch to xbox RPG games, the difference in quality is huge.. fable, i couldnt even get into. played it maybe 2 hours. jade empire i nearly beat but quit playing because it was boring and generic, KOTOR 2 was absolute **** one of the worst games ive ever played. morrowind on the other hand, is an excellant game although i have grown tired of it at the moment. TunaFish1982

no, i actually thought morrowind was great. its completely mind boggling that people give the other RPG games i listed such high ratings. i fell for all the hype on these games expecting masterpeices, instead they turned out to be absolute garbage. boring story lines, boring fighting, too short, and just plain generic is the only way i can explain these games. if jade empire got a 9.9 at IGN the new final fantasy game should be off the charts with their score. personally, games like jade empire, fable, KOTOR 2 a D and C level games to me personally. nothing about these games are truely mind blowing the way some games on sony are.

Games like Jade Empire, Fable and Star Wars: KOTOR can hardly be considered 'absolute garbage' or 'plain generic'; they are among th more critically acclaimed games on the xbox. So Fable's storyline lacks any real twists and turns, and it is a bit short, but you can hardly say the same for Star Wars: KOTOR and Jade Empire. KOTOR had a brilliant twist mid-way through, that was a complete surprise to most people. None of the games are mind-blowing, but what they are is solid, fairly well-made and well-thought out RPGs that should be recommended to most people looking to buy a decen RPG on the xbox.
ziky360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ziky360
Member since 2005 • 99 Posts

barney for the genesis

30 minutes lol try to beat that

and I was only 5 years old lol

AeRo619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AeRo619
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

Dexter laboratory for the PS1

took me 30 minutes to beat

gamer525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 gamer525
Member since 2006 • 184 Posts
state of emergency
Auron_X2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Auron_X2099
Member since 2003 • 3370 Posts

MechAssault.

Stevie__Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Stevie__Boy
Member since 2006 • 31 Posts
Finding Nemo, 3 hours
Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
It seems to me that most of the Xbox rpgs are good western rpgs, and most of the PS2's RPGs are the same rehashed JRPG rubbish.  JRPGs are fun and all, but there are so many on the PS2 and they're all pretty much the same.  
brittoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 brittoss
Member since 2004 • 1028 Posts

Stubbs the Zombie... it was a little under 4 hours with a friendsmerlus

I second that.3 hours and the game was over for me. But really it couldn't have been any longer as it didn't have much variety. Hopefully a sequel will fix that cause I enjoyed it.

zimonski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zimonski
Gun could easily be completed by someone good at shooters within about 3 hours. With side-missions, maybe 6.Quickee42
lol, I agree
brutherford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 brutherford
Member since 2006 • 508 Posts
Black.  Hands down shortest game I've played.  But also one of the better FPS out there for Xbox.
Avatar image for Apathetic_Prick
Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Apathetic_Prick
Member since 2003 • 4789 Posts

For shortest game, I'd have to say Tetris Worlds.  Can be beaten in about 20 minutes if you're damned good.  I think the next runner up would have to be Gauntlet Seven Sorrows; 2 1/2, 3 hours with an imported character.

Regarding the XBox RPGs:

I have to disagree on KOTOR; it's a very good game with an excellent story.  being that the story in every Final Fantasy game save XI and X-2 are exactly the same in terms of plot and twist patterns - and many other JRPG's also follow that tune - I'm going to have to say Mr. toonyfish, that your judgement may be flawed.

Fable's story is really no different from GTA; start from the bottom, work to the top, revenge tale, twists and turns that you see from a mile away.  The gameplay's very fair, though, and the game will last you around 20 hours if you make an effort to do everything.  Being that, like MOrrowind, there's multiple ways to play it, there's a lot more replay to it than KOTOR or Jade Empire.

I definitely agree on Jade Empire being a bore.  The second time through, when I did the game as an evil character, I had to force myself to finish it.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts
halo 2 is real short i beat it in 7 hours
xXMercenariOXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xXMercenariOXx
Member since 2006 • 1539 Posts
King Kong and Max Payne 2
lilt0193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 lilt0193
Member since 2005 • 186 Posts
Probably for me...Doom 3:Ressurection of Evil. I don't know how many hours I spent, but I know it didnt add up. It was almost a relief to finish cause the game was really crappy IMO. Did not at all live up to doom 3(not saying doom 3 is godlike or anything, just that the game could not even stand near it).

On the RPG issues: KOTOR(first) is great. I had been playing all the crappy star wars games, and then got that. That game was so good. Detailed story, fun gameplay. KOTOR 2 on the other hand....um.....lets just say I didnt even want to go back and replay(even though the game did get semi-high ratings).
   Fable, you said you only played for 2 hours? That's the flat out problem. I did the same exact thing, I rented it one friday night and played for a little and really didnt like it(mainly cause I kept getting arrested). That game is a game you're gonna want to hold on to and not play it for the main story alone. The side quests and aging system are fun.
   Cant make a comment on Jade Empire due to the fact I never bought it.
claymanjuba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 claymanjuba
Member since 2006 • 395 Posts
van helsing took me about 2 hours to beat
erenito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 erenito
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts

You guys obviously didnt play reservoir dogs (good for you, DONT).

I beat it in under 2 hours (like 1º50') Its almost mercyfull that is so short, considering how bad it is.

sevendork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sevendork
starwars battle front
Avatar image for black_thunder33
black_thunder33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 black_thunder33
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts
for me no question fable i beat it in 9h.
coolgamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 coolgamer6
Member since 2006 • 5335 Posts

I think halo 2, I actually counted how long it took me to beat it, 4 hours 16 minutes

Avatar image for birdyflightster
birdyflightster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 birdyflightster
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts
MOH rising sun, it was short and lame
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#49 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
The shortest games I've played have been: Batman Begins which took me about 3 hours to pass, and Starfox: Assault on GC took 5 hours to pass
ALLstar9300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ALLstar9300
Member since 2006 • 1250 Posts

Farcry instincts and deus ex invisible war,

dont get me wrong, they are great games

Homer: Operator, give me the number for 911. lol

Chris_53