How do I beat Alma in Ninja Gaiden???

#1 Posted by Toyeboy (1133 posts) -
Wow just wow....I've tried several timesand I can't beat Alma in chapter 7, so unforgivingly hard and quick. I have a decent amount of health potions and 3 ninpo so how did you beat her? I came very closebut still didn'tbeather. I'm getting sick of trying and failing, I want to get onto the rest of the game but can't...definitely think they should've saved her for the end b/c she's the hardest boss of any game I've ever fought....and I'm playing this game on Normal so yeah... so can anyone offer helpful info on beating her??
#2 Posted by PimpiNbananas (1911 posts) -

Wow just wow....I've tried several timesand I can't beat Alma in chapter 7, so unforgivingly hard and quick. I have a decent amount of health potions and 3 ninpo so how did you beat her? I came very closebut still didn'tbeather. I'm getting sick of trying and failing, I want to get onto the rest of the game but can't...definitely think they should've saved her for the end b/c she's the hardest boss of any game I've ever fought....and I'm playing this game on Normal so yeah... so can anyone offer helpful info on beating her??Toyeboy

You think shes hard? Shes one of the easiest bosses, at least for me. Beat her on my first try on hard. Anyways I havent played the game since last year so I'm a lil rusty on remembering how I beat her.

First off before the fight you should acquire alot of Devil elixirs, when you meet her try staying out of her range attacks Jump block roll whatever. Try a couple of lunge attacks, use your bow and windmilll shuriken. When shes down unload massive combos on her before she gets back up. And all the while your doing that, use the flame ninpo on her but pick your timing wisely, use it when shes performing an attack etc......... If your lucky it should hit. Anyways thats how I beat her.

#3 Posted by lenson (2515 posts) -
Use flying swallow a bunch. She will sometimes block it, but its the cheapest and easiest way to kill her. I probably do not need to tell you this ,but make sure you are upgrading your weapons. Dragon sword takes priority over all. You need lv2 at least to do flying swallow. Remember blocking and rolling are your friends. Ninja Gaiden is a game more about defense than offense. Block, roll, and look for an opening. Then attack. You'll get it, just don't give up.
#4 Posted by muthsera666 (13271 posts) -

Here is a link to a video of one of the GameSpot guys killing her. You have to watch a couple of other bosses first, though.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6152993/index.html

This is actually in the other thread as well.

#5 Posted by killerfist (19827 posts) -
dodge eveything she throws at you like eneryballs and the pillars in the church. when she flies at you use the swallow attack and right after wack her with a fireninpo. If you are lucky and nearby you can pull the XYXXX combo right after the ninpo. you can also use the combo right after the swallow attack instead of the ninpo. alma will be downed if you hit her with the swallow attack. a very easy way to kill her.
#6 Posted by tylea002 (2357 posts) -
She is hard! Quite a hard boss. OK, remember to flying swallow her down. Make sure you have level 3 inforeno and dragon sword, it really helps. DO NOT upgrade the ice ninpo unless you have spare, it is terrible.
#7 Posted by lenson (2515 posts) -
Actually you may want to save your upgrades for the lightning based ninpo. By far it is the most useful. If you just use flying swallow attacks, you won't even need to use any ninpo. Just dodge her attacks.
#8 Posted by Toyeboy (1133 posts) -

I tried her again this morning and I finally beat her!! Butone more hit and I would've lost. I used the fire inferno ninpo and the flying swallow attack to get her down and then I used the Blade of N???? (xyxxxx) and that really took a good chunk out of her health. So i finally get to continue! I'm sure I'll have more issues with the next bosses though so....

#9 Posted by tylea002 (2357 posts) -

Actually you may want to save your upgrades for the lightning based ninpo. By far it is the most useful. If you just use flying swallow attacks, you won't even need to use any ninpo. Just dodge her attacks.lenson

Yes, but you get the lighting ninpo quite a long while after, and you will get a few more upgrades before you get it. And well done! The next REALLY hard boss is...a tank or two. Then a helicopter then DOKU. But you NEED the UF. Repeat. NEED.

#10 Posted by lenson (2515 posts) -
Whatever you do save 3 upgrades for the lightning ninpo. I never really used inferno much except on the1st form of the second to last boss. That was only because half the time I had a hard time getting close to him. I have yet to get unlabored flawlessness I hear its nice, but far from being necessary. It takes too many orbs to obtain and I am playing on black edition so there is no save play through.
#11 Posted by tylea002 (2357 posts) -
Inferno is more useful than you think.
#12 Posted by lenson (2515 posts) -
Not to me.
#13 Posted by dooly420 (8783 posts) -
Whatever you do save 3 upgrades for the lightning ninpo. I never really used inferno much except on the1st form of the second to last boss. That was only because half the time I had a hard time getting close to him. I have yet to get unlabored flawlessness I hear its nice, but far from being necessary. It takes too many orbs to obtain and I am playing on black edition so there is no save play through.lenson
the unlabored flawlessness is such a nice weapon. i had so much fun with it the first time i got it.
#14 Posted by lenson (2515 posts) -
I'll probably have to put on a special band that gives extra yellow essence and go farm some part of the game where enemies continue to respawn to get it.
#15 Posted by muthsera666 (13271 posts) -
With all this talk about Ninja Gaiden, I decided to go back and try it again. I'm still trying to beat Murai. And keep the Talisman of Rebirth. Eventually I do beat him once in a while, but I have almost no supplies left over. So, I restart and get my butt handed to me. It's actually almost funny...
#16 Posted by lil_d_mack_314 (13968 posts) -
is that the PINK chick that fly's? if it is use the dragon sword and keep using the aerial attack. and remember your a ninja any you can usually out maneuver every one else
#17 Posted by muthsera666 (13271 posts) -

is that the PINK chick that fly's? if it is use the dragon sword and keep using the aerial attack. and remember your a ninja any you can usually out maneuver every one elselil_d_mack_314

Just because my character is a ninja doesn't mean that I am. :P Ryu would definitely do better on his own than with me on the controls, lol.

#18 Posted by muthsera666 (13271 posts) -

With all this talk about Ninja Gaiden, I decided to go back and try it again. I'm still trying to beat Murai. And keep the Talisman of Rebirth. Eventually I do beat him once in a while, but I have almost no supplies left over. So, I restart and get my butt handed to me. It's actually almost funny...muthsera666

I did finally beat Murai with only getting hit once. Now I'm almost up to the Samurai Horseman. Hopefully I can actually beat him this time around...

#19 Posted by lenson (2515 posts) -

With all this talk about Ninja Gaiden, I decided to go back and try it again. I'm still trying to beat Murai. And keep the Talisman of Rebirth. Eventually I do beat him once in a while, but I have almost no supplies left over. So, I restart and get my butt handed to me. It's actually almost funny...muthsera666

Keep your distance when fighting him. Wait for him to lung dodge out of the way and start hacking at him. Also wall attacks work as well. On normal mode I can beat murai without getting hit at all using this startegy.