far cry: instincts - how to skip intro movie?

#1 Posted by shaks24 (25 posts) -

hi everyone

i just bought a second-hand xbox and finished playing jade empire. that game rocks btw!

i have picked up far cry instincts (awesome graphics and the editor award rating make it even more interesting), but it's terribly annoying to have to watch through the 2-3mins intro movie whenever i want to play the game, before i can access the game menu. is there a shortcut or key combination to skip that intro movie? thanks a lot.

am just tired of waiting through the intro movie each and every time i start the game.

#2 Posted by TheFLCLPope88 (2172 posts) -
During the video your FC: I disc is actually installing files on your Xbox, it's basically ment to shorten up loading times while you're playing the game, think of it as a fancy loading screen.
#3 Posted by shaks24 (25 posts) -

ah ok... i guess now that i know it's got a hidden trick behind that intro movie runtime...patience is becoming more than a virtue! ;D

anyone knows if the intro movie can be skipped or shortened if i copy FC:I on my xbox hard drive, using dvd2xbox for example?

#4 Posted by Pvt_Murphy (1637 posts) -

The game only has to install its files if you played another game that also needed to install stuff after your last session with it.

If you play far cry today, switch it off and start playing again tomorrow it shouldn't have to load.

It still does however due to a bug. You can either download the patches from live to fix that, or you can set your xbox time and date to the correct time and date. That'll fix it too. Sounds strange, I know, but its true.

After you did that it only shows the vid if it has to. Not everytime.

#5 Posted by ogreiron (203 posts) -
god that vid is long and annoying
#6 Posted by Legendary_Ross (557 posts) -
When playing a new game, I actually don't mind watching the introduction and/or cut scenes.
#7 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -
You can't skip it. But it's not bad to see:P
#8 Posted by marnett2005 (215 posts) -
I've heard that you can delete the movie, but it still needs to load the game, so you would be staring at a blank screen.
#9 Posted by Pvt_Murphy (1637 posts) -
You can't delete it unless you have a modded xbox and/or an illegal copy of the game. Both of which is illegal and has no place in here.
#10 Posted by marnett2005 (215 posts) -
You do realize it is possible to mod an xbox within legal terms, and if the man owns the game, he can legally copy it to guarentee his original is still in good shape. Copying games you don't own is illegal.
#11 Posted by brkr12002 (215 posts) -
No way to skip it. Doom 3 does the same thing. It's installing files for the game. It does make for a better game though. If only half life 2 would do the same thing. That game has load screens every couple minutes and gets annoying on xbox.
#12 Posted by JOHN117_basic (3418 posts) -
You do realize it is possible to mod an xbox within legal terms, and if the man owns the game, he can legally copy it to guarentee his original is still in good shape. Copying games you don't own is illegal.marnett2005
Yeah I know of a lot of people that back up their music and software!:roll:
#13 Posted by scmbg (174 posts) -

mmm...i have this problem time ago, in my case, when i turn on the console i always have to see the intro movie, my problem was caused becuase the Date on my Xbox was soo old, - Nov 1 2001 - , this happend becuase i leave the console unplugged for a day and i dont setting well the Time/Date config when i power up.

You only need put the real date or some after of 2004.

Try it!