Does xbox live accept debit card?

#1 Posted by SolidSnake2020 (2180 posts) -

I keep entering my account number and it wont accept it

It is a visa debit card, but with no use.

Any help appreciated.

#2 Posted by comelstr (677 posts) -

do you have money on the card i use a debt card for xbox live my tag is

Tcbys

#3 Posted by orinjharez (70 posts) -
Yes, they do accept debit cards.  If your card isn't working, maybe it's not active or you don't have any funds available on the card.  You can also call the bank that issued you the card and find out why it may not be working.
#4 Posted by SolidSnake2020 (2180 posts) -

I used it this morning in the shop and it worked fine but when I went to the xbox live page to order my monthly membership it tells me your account number is not valid.

#5 Posted by liquidzero123 (7111 posts) -
I was told by Xbox customer support that you must use a credit card to sign up for Live, and I was told that a debit card will not work. I used a credit card to sign up for my account.
#6 Posted by orinjharez (70 posts) -

I was told by Xbox customer support that you must use a credit card to sign up for Live, and I was told that a debit card will not work. I used a credit card to sign up for my account.liquidzero123

I used my debit card and it worked just fine.

SolidSnake2020, if you're still having problems, try contacting Xbox Live Support yourself.  I'm sure they can clear things up.

#7 Posted by rex2745 (215 posts) -
why do u need a credit card for the xbox live do they make u pay
#8 Posted by SolidSnake2020 (2180 posts) -

[QUOTE="liquidzero123"]I was told by Xbox customer support that you must use a credit card to sign up for Live, and I was told that a debit card will not work. I used a credit card to sign up for my account.orinjharez

I used my debit card and it worked just fine.

SolidSnake2020, if you're still having problems, try contacting Xbox Live Support yourself.  I'm sure they can clear things up.

Thanks I have send them an email. you have been helpfull.