pr3dator951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pr3dator951
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts

well all of a sudden my xbox just keeps turning off every 10-15 minutes...does anyone know what can be wrong and how to fix it?

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Email Microsoft?
gamer_marrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 gamer_marrik
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts
I don't even have an xbox but they are infamous for breaking down every other minute. I had a friend that broke 4 of them in under a year....Never seem to have that problem with playstation3, which Is why I bought it....the sad part is, I've known crap like this to happen to 360 owners also...already..once again, thats why I don't have one, even though I want halo and gears XD
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

I don't even have an xbox but they are infamous for breaking down every other minute. I had a friend that broke 4 of them in under a year....Never seem to have that problem with playstation3, which Is why I bought it....the sad part is, I've known crap like this to happen to 360 owners also...already..once again, thats why I don't have one, even though I want halo and gears XDgamer_marrik

Ah yes, the famous "I had a friend that ____" testimony. My original Xbox, bought on launch day 2001, is still alive and kicking. I replaced the DVD drive in it about a year and a half ago, but that was after 4 years of problem free gaming.

Funny you are commenting in an Xbox forum considering you don't have one. A tad bit funnier that you seem to think the PS3 is problem free even though it is less then a year old. I am sure you will have all kinds of excuses if it does break down on you with a DRE.

Troll much?

lumeiwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 lumeiwan
Member since 2004 • 611 Posts

Nicely said,Bgrngod.Nice sig anyway.

pr3dator951,did you check your power cable first? If there's nothing wrong with it,you should just contact the support.

Avatar image for MasterChief3242
MasterChief3242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MasterChief3242
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts
kall microsoft but this problem seems like this problem cannot be fixed
cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts

It may be overheating or something. Possibly just a lot of dust build up over the years.

As for your friend breaking 4 systems in under a year, he must be young and doesn't know how to properly care for a system. I have my Xbox from release date in 2001 and it is used daily for hours at a time and is still using every part that originally came on it. Nothing has ever broken on it, other then sticking occasionally when I try to open it. Luckily all I have to do is press the open button 2 more times if it does stick and it will open right up.

MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

I don't even have an xbox but they are infamous for breaking down every other minute. I had a friend that broke 4 of them in under a year....Never seem to have that problem with playstation3, which Is why I bought it....the sad part is, I've known crap like this to happen to 360 owners also...already..once again, thats why I don't have one, even though I want halo and gears XDgamer_marrik

Silly troll you're not even in the right forum. The 360 forum is over there *points* but even there you're not supposed to bring up the PS3 to bash. Anyway I've had my xbox since 2002 and it's still alive and well. Call M$. It's worth itIMO to get it fixed.

Avatar image for supermariomelee
supermariomelee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 supermariomelee
Member since 2004 • 212 Posts
Trying removing the power supply and cleaning the connector. I know the Dreamcast had a problem like that and that fixed it's problem, so it might work with the Xbox too.
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

Here's my story. I too had a similar problem with my X-Box shutting off after about 10 minutes of game play. Since I bought my system second-hand, I figured there was no warranty to worry about. I got my tools and opened my system. Checked connections and everything seemed OK. They I noticed that when I would turn my system on, the fan would not spin. Turns out the connection was a bit loose, so if I pressed it just slightly it would spin, but it did not stay like that.

The solution?

Y IDE cable

Had one of these laying around, a Fan Cable Adapter, 3 Pin Molex to 4 Pin Molex. Hooked it up from the power cable that went to the hard drive, and the other one to the fan. Everything now works just fine. From what I read, it runs even cooler because you're putting more power to the fan, therfor it runs faster (with some minimal noise increase, but nothing to worry about.)

marnett2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 marnett2005
Member since 2003 • 215 Posts
It might be in the PSU. I had a similar problem that was fixed with some solder and a screwdriver. Google, sir, it works wonders.
vegetta_oozaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vegetta_oozaro
Member since 2005 • 190 Posts
i find most of what you have said true...most of all every first part of a console has its malfunctions

[QUOTE="gamer_marrik"]I don't even have an xbox but they are infamous for breaking down every other minute. I had a friend that broke 4 of them in under a year....Never seem to have that problem with playstation3, which Is why I bought it....the sad part is, I've known crap like this to happen to 360 owners also...already..once again, thats why I don't have one, even though I want halo and gears XDBgrngod

Ah yes, the famous "I had a friend that ____" testimony. My original Xbox, bought on launch day 2001, is still alive and kicking. I replaced the DVD drive in it about a year and a half ago, but that was after 4 years of problem free gaming.

Funny you are commenting in an Xbox forum considering you don't have one. A tad bit funnier that you seem to think the PS3 is problem free even though it is less then a year old. I am sure you will have all kinds of excuses if it does break down on you with a DRE.

Troll much?

daxacid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 daxacid
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts

I have an XBOX 360, because my XBOX finally gave me the "Red Ring of Death". I would like to get it fixed. Does it cost alot to fix and where is the best place to get it fixed?

Avatar image for supermariomelee
supermariomelee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 supermariomelee
Member since 2004 • 212 Posts

I have an XBOX 360, because my XBOX finally gave me the "Red Ring of Death". I would like to get it fixed. Does it cost alot to fix and where is the best place to get it fixed?

daxacid

Original Xboxs don't give red ring of death. I think you've got the wrong forum.

Sage320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Sage320
Member since 2006 • 377 Posts
why does it always have to be a kid that breaks his? im 14 and i own every nintendo console ever made and an xbox and none of them have broken on my watch. I am very carful with games.
Sage320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Sage320
Member since 2006 • 377 Posts

Also im not xbox bashing cause I own one but this really did happen to my freind. the green light around his normal xbox is red and the disc tray wont open then it shuts down like 10 seconds later. he doesent really care though his only game is halo2 and hes getting a 360 this week.

ps: my sig is wrong cause now i like microsoft once i actually played xbox but i dont want to change it cause long ago i saw that someone stole it.

velarde301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 velarde301
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

daxacid

hahahahahahah do u eaven own an xbox or 360? If you did you would know that only the 360 gives the red ring of death.

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts
[QUOTE="daxacid"]

velarde301

hahahahahahah do u eaven own an xbox or 360? If you did you would know that only the 360 gives the red ring of death.

You do know that the original Xbox also had lights that lit up indicating error types right? Turn one on without the RCA cables plugged into anything. All kinds of orange and flashing lights.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts
[QUOTE="velarde301"][QUOTE="daxacid"]

Bgrngod

You do know that the original Xbox also had lights that lit up indicating error types right? Turn one on without the RCA cables plugged into anything. All kinds of orange and flashing lights.

Yeah, mine did that the other day, cuz i was taking a game out of it , but it was not hooked up to the tv

But really why would you buy an Xbox360 because your Xbox died? You can buy another USED xbox for like $100 tops. Spending $350 does not make sense.

Chibitrunk_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 Chibitrunk_16
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts
Never had that happen but my Optical drive took a crap back in March. Though when my friend and I were playing Conkers and for some reason the game kept resetting our characters after a black screen appeared. Pretty weird.

Is putting a new optical drive in hard?