This topic is locked from further discussion.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

WWE.com has learned John Cena had surgery to remove bone chips in his elbow today. Dr. Andrews removed several pieces of bone cartilage from Cena's elbow through a scope. Cena will go home today and immediately begin his rehab in Tampa, Fla.

Cena is expected to recover in two-three weeks. An update on his recovery time is expected Thursday when he is reevaluated.

Avatar image for deactivated-608ba1249f50e
deactivated-608ba1249f50e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-608ba1249f50e
Member since 2012 • 1698 Posts
WWE claims it will take up to 4-6 weeks. But knowing WWE they'll send him back in 2-3 weeks as you said. Cena's been injured quite a bit in 2012. If he can't make it back in time they might have to have someone else fued with Punk for HIAC, but I think it will still be Cena in the end.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 killerband55

WWE claims it will take up to 4-6 weeks. But knowing WWE they'll send him back in 2-3 weeks as you said. Cena's been injured quite a bit in 2012. If he can't make it back in time they might have to have someone else fued with Punk for HIAC, but I think it will still be Cena in the end.BurningAegis

they did say that at first, but then changed it, i hope its 4-6 weeks, so we can see another contender for the WWE title at HIAC

FullMetalWWant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 FullMetalWWant
Member since 2007 • 15766 Posts
The real question is, who should we step up to the plate for Punk to handle?
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 killerband55

The real question is, who should we step up to the plate for Punk to handle?FullMetalWWant

if its only 3 weeks, i'm sure Cena can still compete at HIAC since that ppv is at the very end of October, and we're halfway through Sept

FullMetalWWant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 FullMetalWWant
Member since 2007 • 15766 Posts

[QUOTE="FullMetalWWant"]The real question is, who should we step up to the plate for Punk to handle?killerband55

if its only 3 weeks, i'm sure Cena can still compete at HIAC since that ppv is at the very end of October, and we're halfway through Sept

Guess that also depends on if Cena is going to be out that long, I'm sure he wants to have some time to recover from this
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 killerband55

[QUOTE="killerband55"]

[QUOTE="FullMetalWWant"]The real question is, who should we step up to the plate for Punk to handle?FullMetalWWant

Guess that also depends on if Cena is going to be out that long, I'm sure he wants to have some time to recover from this

WWE.com said that there will be a much further update on his time off on thursday when Cena is re-evaluated

Joemcmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Joemcmark
Member since 2008 • 7119 Posts
I don't know what to think. I have a feeling he'll still be the one facing Punk at HIAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-608ba1249f50e
I don't know what to think. I have a feeling he'll still be the one facing Punk at HIACJoemcmark
Pretty much this. This operation is pretty light compared to his previous ones, and he usually comes back earlier than expected. Though it makes me wonder what Punk will be doing without Cena if they intend to have them feud for HIAC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-608ba1249f50e
UGH God... Scary thought, Del Rio and CM Punk main eventing HIAC for the belt. Oh please God no. Cena come back soon so that doesn't happen, ugh.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 killerband55

I don't know what to think. I have a feeling he'll still be the one facing Punk at HIACJoemcmark

if he comes back in 3 weeks, i'm sure he will be

BatCrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BatCrazedJoker
Member since 2012 • 1611 Posts
I celebrated when I found out that John Cena was injured and had to get surgery.
Vipersbabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vipersbabe
Member since 2010 • 690 Posts

I celebrated when I found out that John Cena was injured and had to get surgery.BatCrazedJoker

Me too. I actually took a shot. And I havent had a single drink since I turned 21

BatCrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BatCrazedJoker

[QUOTE="BatCrazedJoker"]I celebrated when I found out that John Cena was injured and had to get surgery.Vipersbabe

Me too. I actually took a shot. And I havent had a single drink since I turned 21

I just hope that they let Punk feud with someone else for Hell in a Cell.
baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 baltimore088
Member since 2007 • 16738 Posts
yet I'm sure he'll still be there for his main event talking or via satellite :roll:
BatCrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BatCrazedJoker
yet I'm sure he'll still be there for his main event talking or via satellite :roll:baltimore088
I heard that Big Show might take John Cena's spot at HIAC.
spideynerd3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 spideynerd3
Member since 2007 • 11049 Posts
Cena himself said he's suppose to rest for 6 weeks and ripped the guy who changed the original article from 4-6 weeks to 2-3 weeks. In other words, the WWE website spoiled Cena's "return". He'll come out on Raw and say he is injured for 6 weeks, then will be "magically healed" in 2-3 weeks. Too obvious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-608ba1249f50e
Cena himself said he's suppose to rest for 6 weeks and ripped the guy who changed the original article from 4-6 weeks to 2-3 weeks. In other words, the WWE website spoiled Cena's "return". He'll come out on Raw and say he is injured for 6 weeks, then will be "magically healed" in 2-3 weeks. Too obvious.spideynerd3
And we'll remember that legendary day. 9-3-12... The day Ryder won two weeks in a row on RAW.....
baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 baltimore088
[QUOTE="baltimore088"]yet I'm sure he'll still be there for his main event talking or via satellite :roll:BatCrazedJoker

might as well, HIAC is prob the worst ppv idea out there, except maybe TLC, so just make it as bad as you can!
Cena himself said he's suppose to rest for 6 weeks and ripped the guy who changed the original article .spideynerd3
yup sounds like cena
BatCrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BatCrazedJoker
[QUOTE="BatCrazedJoker"][QUOTE="baltimore088"]yet I'm sure he'll still be there for his main event talking or via satellite :roll:baltimore088

might as well, HIAC is prob the worst ppv idea out there, except maybe TLC, so just make it as bad as you can!

At least now we know that Punk is definitely retaining the title at HIAC.
baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 baltimore088
[QUOTE="baltimore088"][QUOTE="BatCrazedJoker"]I heard that Big Show might take John Cena's spot at HIAC.BatCrazedJoker

unless he gets injured or something he's holding it til RR regardless of who he faces just to lose to the rock because that's how stupid vince is
BatCrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BatCrazedJoker
[QUOTE="baltimore088"][QUOTE="BatCrazedJoker"][QUOTE="baltimore088"] might as well, HIAC is prob the worst ppv idea out there, except maybe TLC, so just make it as bad as you can!

unless he gets injured or something he's holding it til RR regardless of who he faces just to lose to the rock because that's how stupid vince is

I think it is stupid how they are going to make him drop the belt to The Rock, I would rather him drop it to an up and coming superstar so the WWE could have some more main eventers. I am tired of seeing the same matches.
baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 baltimore088
[QUOTE="baltimore088"][QUOTE="BatCrazedJoker"]At least now we know that Punk is definitely retaining the title at HIAC. BatCrazedJoker

I think it is stupid how they are going to make him drop the belt to The Rock, I would rather him drop it to an up and coming superstar so the WWE could have some more main eventers. I am tired of seeing the same matches.

agreed 100% and the worst part is we're gona have to see the rock as champion for 3 months til he loses at WM.... can't think of anyone less deserving to have a title
BatCrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BatCrazedJoker
[QUOTE="baltimore088"][QUOTE="BatCrazedJoker"][QUOTE="baltimore088"] unless he gets injured or something he's holding it til RR regardless of who he faces just to lose to the rock because that's how stupid vince is

agreed 100% and the worst part is we're gona have to see the rock as champion for 3 months til he loses at WM.... can't think of anyone less deserving to have a title

Why not let Wade Barrett get a big push until WM, I would like to see him get a WWE title shot soon.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#25 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="baltimore088"][QUOTE="BatCrazedJoker"]I think it is stupid how they are going to make him drop the belt to The Rock, I would rather him drop it to an up and coming superstar so the WWE could have some more main eventers. I am tired of seeing the same matches.BatCrazedJoker

Why not let Wade Barrett get a big push until WM, I would like to see him get a WWE title shot soon.

I think Barrett will be driven toward a world heavyweight feud against Sheamus rather than the wwe championship.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-608ba1249f50e
[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="BatCrazedJoker"][QUOTE="baltimore088"]agreed 100% and the worst part is we're gona have to see the rock as champion for 3 months til he loses at WM.... can't think of anyone less deserving to have a title

I think Barrett will be driven toward a world heavyweight feud against Sheamus rather than the wwe championship.

Barrett was originally intended to be the MITB winner, but then he got injured.
baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 baltimore088
barrett would be awesome as WHC, but then you gota deal with that whole ziggler as MITB thing and know he's going to win so it'd ruin the whole barrett/sheamus feud knowing sheamus would win because he has to feud with zig after that, their really dragging out this whole MITB thing for zigg too, but creative doesn't want super sheamus EVER losing