pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 pokajabba
Member since 2006 • 4741 Posts
Will the events leading to Night of Champions be capable of keeping WWE's recent momentum charging at full speed?

2013 has been a year of great matches, stories that have mesmerized the audience, and new stars stepping onto the big stage to elevate the illustrious show known only as the WWE. Alberto Del Rio retained his World Heavyweight Championship in arguably one of the strongest singles matches he's had since being part of the company, while Randy Orton ended the night by practically stealing the WWE Championship from Daniel Bryan (During the events of the previous Summerslam PPV).

Every title will be on the line at the Night Of Champions event (Perhaps featuring a non-title match or two), meaning all champions will more than likely have to face daunting challenges come September 15th.

Literally anything could happen! From The Shield looking to fend off a pair of massive foes -- to a grudge match for the WWE Championship (Based upon my assumptions): Here you will find updates for Night Of Champions 2013.

(Added from WWEv's original Night Of Champion's thread. Will be updated soon.)

poster-promocional-del-wwe-ppv-night-of-

WWE presents Night of Champions live on PPV on Sunday, September 15 at 8 PM ET. This event will be broadcast live from the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan.

WWE Championship:Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan 

1233569_10151606635771443_594843981_n.pn

Randy Orton arguably stole the WWE Title from Daniel Bryan when he cashed in his Money In The Bank contract moments after Bryan finally won 'the big one' during Summerslam. Moments before Orton cashed in his briefcase, Daniel Bryan was given a Pedigree by WWE COO Triple H. Since then, Triple H has gone out of his way to ensure that Daniel Bryan won't be 100% for this match. We'll soon see if Bryan rises to the occasion, perhaps by finally getting his vengeance and plundering the title away from Orton. Will he fail or will he succeed? Tune in to Night Of champions to find out.

Handicap Elimination:CM Punk vs Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman 

20130826_LIGHT_NOC_Punk_Axel_Heyman_C.jp

This match starts off as a 2-on-1 battle where each member of Heyman's team must tag in to become the legal participant. If a member of that team loses a fall then it becomes a one-on-one match. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this is a Title match.

CM Punk used to be a Paul Heyman guy but their relationship went sour a few months ago. Since then, Punk's former manager has cost him the Money in the Bank match, a match against Brock Lesnar, and humiliated Punk in a 2-on-1 attack which set up this encounter. 

World Heavyweight Championship:Alberto Del Rio vs Rob Van Dam 

xwwe,P3Anewsteaser.pagespeed.ic.X5n0GACx

During a non-title match in early-August, RVD beat the champion after Ricardo Rodriguez's interference backfired. Due to what transpired, Alberto attacked his personal ring announcer which lead to Rodriguez becoming RVD's personal ring announcer instead. A few weeks later, RVD beat the champion in another non-title match to earn this title shot. This time, Ricardo Rodriguez purposely cost Del Rio the match. Ricardo has been in the corner of RVD ever since.

Divas Championship:AJ Lee vs Natalya vs Brie Bella vs Naomi 

650x360xwwe,P3Anewsteaser.pagespeed.ic.A

The first Diva to score a pin fall or force her opponent to submit will walk out of this match as the champion.

During a recent edition of RAW, AJ insulted all the stars of Total Divas. The following week, a triple-threat match was held to determine which star of the show would get this title shot. The match was declared a no contest because of AJ's interference. Later that night, Stephanie McMahon decided that all three combatants would get this title shot.
ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 ToTheBank
Member since 2004 • 4471 Posts

RVD v ADR for WHC confirmed... battles of the abbreviations...LOL...

Punk v Axel/Heyman confirmed... poor Punk

DB v RKO for WWE Title... how will trips screw Bryan over this time? 

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
DB v RKO for WWE Title... how will trips screw Bryan over this time? ToTheBank
He'll screw his brains out... just like Katie Vick.
ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ToTheBank
Ooooo... Awwwwkward... Not a shining moment for him or Kane...
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TruthTellers
Seems like a solid ppv so far, but I don't think it'll have any chance surpassing SummerSlam. But, there's no mention of who is going to face Ambrose for the US title. If WWE wants to make this ppv all it can be, they outta call up Sara Del Rey to be the no. 1 contender.
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts

The PPV is only a couple weeks away, and we have no set up for the US Championship, Divas Championship, or Tag Team Championship. Axel isn't even defending the IC Championship! I thought Night of Champions was supposed be the one PPV where the championships matter. At this point, AJ is going to end up facing the entire cast of Total Divas, Ambrose will get Big Show, and if we're lucky, I can finally get my tag team three way with The Shield, Real Americans, and I guess PTP since they have priority over The Usos now. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN! Barring a surprise slot for Zack Ryder's defunct Internet Championship (I always thought this would've been a good filler match for Night of Champions), there isn't much regarding the actual championships going on right now.

ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ToTheBank

If WWE wants to make this ppv all it can be, they outta call up Sara Del Rey to be the no. 1 contender.TruthTellers

Isn't she just a trainer? I do wish it could happen though!!! 

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TruthTellers

The PPV is only a couple weeks away, and we have no set up for the US Championship, Divas Championship, or Tag Team Championship. Axel isn't even defending the IC Championship! I thought Night of Champions was supposed be the one PPV where the championships matter. At this point, AJ is going to end up facing the entire cast of Total Divas, Ambrose will get Big Show, and if we're lucky, I can finally get my tag team three way with The Shield, Real Americans, and I guess PTP since they have priority over The Usos now. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN! Barring a surprise slot for Zack Ryder's defunct Internet Championship (I always thought this would've been a good filler match for Night of Champions), there isn't much regarding the actual championships going on right now.

Full_Metal1923
I get the feeling that it'll be PTP vs Shield for the tag belts. It's amazing to see how popular PTP are ever since Young's revelation. I'm opposed to gay marriage, but I'm very pleased (and dare I say happy?) to see that fans have rallied around Young and not heckled or insulted him. Ambrose is disappearing into some void for a reason unexplainable to mankind. Ambrose is the best member of the Shield and he hasn't been booked well for the past 2-3 months. He could use a match with a higher profile guy, Y2J would be a great choice, but he's on tour, after him I'd say RVD, but he's teamed up with Ricardo transforming themselves into the New Cheech & Chong, after those two it leaves few high profile faces to work with, which is gonna end up being Miz I just know it's gonna be Miz.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TruthTellers

[QUOTE="TruthTellers"] If WWE wants to make this ppv all it can be, they outta call up Sara Del Rey to be the no. 1 contender.ToTheBank

Isn't she just a trainer? I do wish it could happen though!!! 

Yeah, she's just a trainer, but she'll come out of retirement eventually. I can only imagine how much more $ she's making now being a trainer though. She may just stick with that for a great while longer. Also, Death Ray doesn't exactly have the "look" or attitude of a Diva. Just look at those calves/ankles... they're f*cking huge! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MfD4CII2r0
TheGm86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheGm86
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

I get the feeling that it'll be PTP vs Shield for the tag belts. It's amazing to see how popular PTP are ever since Young's revelation. I'm opposed to gay marriage, TruthTellers

TruthTellers stock plumets as he is exposed as a hateful person.

yet another sad day for WWEv.

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts
@TruthTellers, I thnk Miz vs. Fandango is a thing, and it may even be on the PPV or pre-show. I'd say Dolph Ziggler vs. Dean Ambrose would be the best step forward, unless he's still involved with Big E (I hope that's not the case).
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

It's amazing to see how popular PTP are ever since Young's revelation. I'm opposed to gay marriage, but I'm very pleased (and dare I say happy?) to see that fans have rallied around Young and not heckled or insulted him.TruthTellers

I have mixed feelings with how WWE has handled PTP.  They were losing every single week and then immediately folowing Darren Young coming out they start going on a winning streak for pretty much the first time in their careers. It just seems like WWE creative is feeling pressured to give PTP some wins so they don't get scrutinized by equality groups.

I'm for gay marriage and I think PTP are a fairly charismatic team so I'm not opposed to them getting a push, it's just that the timing is a bit curious.

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pokajabba

[QUOTE="TruthTellers"]I get the feeling that it'll be PTP vs Shield for the tag belts. It's amazing to see how popular PTP are ever since Young's revelation. I'm opposed to gay marriage, TheGm86

He's only stating his opinion. Which is something you CAN do without showing hate towards the particular subject he disagree's with. Would you have preferred it if he just pretended he was all for gay marriage? 

Now, one of my best friends is gay (Cryceaye would attest to that statement), and personally I'm all for gay marriage. I also believe everyone can hold whatever opinion they want, just as long as they don't physically or mentally hurt others by acting on 'said' opinions/beliefs. Making TruthTellers feel low just because he thinks a certain way is no better than what homophobes did to gay people years ago before homosexual activity became socially accepted (At least far more accepted by today's standards). The Gay community didn't make it this far just to contradict all the years of hardships they went through and point fingers at people like TruthTellers -- labelling people like him as the 'the bad guy', thus becoming the same hatemongers that swept over the lands before a time where the term gay could be accepted by a larger majority of people. You should be more worried about the dogs who literally go out of their way to hurt homosexuals because of their beliefs -- than the people who have legitimate opinions, but don't 'act' upon them. 

And I'm not trying to start an argument here. I just wanted to express my feelings towards TruthTeller's statement (I hate bullying and I feel I should try and dissolve what's transpired, because people might start ganging up on TruthTellers).
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TruthTellers

[QUOTE="TruthTellers"]It's amazing to see how popular PTP are ever since Young's revelation. I'm opposed to gay marriage, but I'm very pleased (and dare I say happy?) to see that fans have rallied around Young and not heckled or insulted him.JML897

I have mixed feelings with how WWE has handled PTP.  They were losing every single week and then immediately folowing Darren Young coming out they start going on a winning streak for pretty much the first time in their careers. It just seems like WWE creative is feeling pressured to give PTP some wins so they don't get scrutinized by equality groups.

I'm for gay marriage and I think PTP are a fairly charismatic team so I'm not opposed to them getting a push, it's just that the timing is a bit curious.

I disagree, I think the timing is perfect and I now want to see PTP win matches and win the titles.

[QUOTE="TruthTellers"]I get the feeling that it'll be PTP vs Shield for the tag belts. It's amazing to see how popular PTP are ever since Young's revelation. I'm opposed to gay marriage, TheGm86

Sure, go ahead and cut my statement to make it look like I hate gays. If anyone read my statement further, I said that I was pleased, even happy to see how PTP and Young for that matter, have been shown respect by the fans. For a guy who barely posts on this forum, you're a crappy troll.
TheGm86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheGm86
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

Sure, go ahead and cut my statement to make it look like I hate gays. If anyone read my statement further, I said that I was pleased, even happy to see how PTP and Young for that matter, have been shown respect by the fans. For a guy who barely posts on this forum, you're a crappy troll.TruthTellers

Pffft, If you think this is GM trolling, you haven't seen GM troll. 

You can be a hateful person, it's a free country, but why the detour? 

"You can See where this Bryan Vs The New Corperation story is going and I really like the how the Shield are being used. But I Don't like the Dutch"  - Loony Peopels

Seriously....what's the deal with that?

The_Great_One2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Great_One2
Member since 2006 • 630 Posts

Why can I only post two times in a row? Where's the Leader and his Officers? Fix this shit or I'm out.

'Nuff Said.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

@The_Great_One2 said:

Why can I only post two times in a row? Where's the Leader and his Officers? Fix this shit or I'm out.

'Nuff Said.

It's a stupid GS thing to minimize spamming/trolling.

Of course it completely fucks up the flow of a forum, but GS couldn't give two shits about forums.

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pokajabba

So wait, you're telling me GS is still broken? *shock*

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points