When is Impact going to extend to 2 hours?

Erbac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Erbac
Member since 2006 • 3926 Posts
They really need to.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts
they probably won't for awhile. they aren't pulling good enough ratings to justify a time increase.
Erbac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Erbac
TNA is getting better though. I would think a franchise player like Sting would help more.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sephy37

TNA is getting better though. I would think a franchise player like Sting would help more.Erbac

it's true that Sting is a big reason they got better ratings when he first came, but they aren't gonna get better until they utilize more of the x division and get rid of all their deadweight (i.e. Jarret, Steiner, James Gang, Konnan, Killings, etc.)

Sting is almost halfway thru with his contract, he needs to move on from this Jarret feud and start putting guys like Styles, Joe, Daniels, Christian, and other young guys over.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

they probably won't for awhile. they aren't pulling good enough ratings to justify a time increase.sephy37

Besides, I doubt the average person would watch wrestling until 1:00 AM.

Also, at the moment, TNA cannot move back on the time slot, because of UFC shows and CSI re-runs, which, must be getting higher ratings than TNA (I know UFC is, however, I am not sure about CSI).

Finally, I think I can safely say the option of moving iMPACT to different day, at this point and time, would be idiotic... Because, after all, until TNA is able to gain higher ratings (and has become more established), it would best for Spike TV to keep TNA programing side-by-side with UFC programing (already established program, which has the same demographic as TNA).

Simply put, it will be while before you see Impact gain additional hour.

Edit: Ah... is that new blood I smell?

Welcome to WWEv! :)

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts
Likely, they may never.  Spike isn't going to give them more time until TNA can show it can draw good strong ratings.  TNA isn't drawing good strong ratings because they aren't putting on good shows.  IMO, they aren't putting on good shows because they don't have enough time and are forced to cram or cut anything that is not related to Jeff Jarrett.  Its a viscious cycle.
Erbac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Erbac
Why should Steiner and Jarrett have to leave? If anybody needs to retire it is Ric Flair. If he and the Undertaker can still be around, then so can Sting. It is good to have established talent so the younger talent can be seen. Good for TNA. They just need to get Goldberg.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sephy37

Why should Steiner and Jarrett have to leave? If anybody needs to retire it is Ric Flair. If he and the Undertaker can still be around, then so can Sting. It is good to have established talent so the younger talent can be seen. Good for TNA. They just need to get Goldberg.Erbac

well Undertaker can still draw and is able to put on good matches when he can. Ric Flair may be old but he draws more than everyone. his name alone is worth gold. the thing is...he's still decent in the ring. and Flair knows how important it is to put over the younger guys like Shelton and Edge (and sadly Umaga).

Steiner and Jarret need to leave cuz they take up 15 minutes for crappy promos and worthless skits. they don't put anyone over and everyone i know changes the channel when they come on. simply put: NEPOTISM KILLS RATINGS

Erbac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Erbac
Sting should stay around at least 3 more years to make up for lost time. Plus he was the franchise for WCW in the late 80s and early 90s while Hogan was ruling WWF. He's earned the right to not have to put everyone over until he wants to. He's a legend.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sephy37

Sting should stay around at least 3 more years to make up for lost time. Plus he was the franchise for WCW in the late 80s and early 90s while Hogan was ruling WWF. He's earned the right to not have to put everyone over until he wants to. He's a legend.Erbac

yeah but not making newer stars is a bad move. it's what WCW failed to do. all they did was push known guys and "legends."

Erbac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Erbac
Don't get me wrong, I like Undertaker and Flair. I'm saying all of them should stay, but if someone has to retire, Flair should. He's old. He already has his legacy written. No doubt he's a hall of famer.
Erbac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Erbac

I think Samoa Joe has been pushed well. Styles has had the title too. I think TNA is doing a decent job of pushing their young stars.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts
When was the last time Chris Sabin even looked at the X divison title?
Avatar image for distrbdslipsoad
distrbdslipsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 distrbdslipsoad
Member since 2004 • 17458 Posts
When was the last time Chris Sabin even looked at the X divison title?Kotenks

exactly. hell i was practically jumping when i heard jay lethal was getting a chance at the title, course they had to ruin that one :| TNA needs to push their X division superstars, thats probably one of the main advantages they have over other wrestling federations. many people have said this before but its like they are sitting on top of a gold mine. the company just needs to use it to their potential, and cut crap like jarret to make room for some decent action.
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts

[QUOTE="Erbac"]Sting should stay around at least 3 more years to make up for lost time. Plus he was the franchise for WCW in the late 80s and early 90s while Hogan was ruling WWF. He's earned the right to not have to put everyone over until he wants to. He's a legend.sephy37

yeah but not making newer stars is a bad move. it's what WCW failed to do. all they did was push known guys and "legends."

except Goldberg.
Erbac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Erbac
[QUOTE="sephy37"]

[QUOTE="Erbac"]Sting should stay around at least 3 more years to make up for lost time. Plus he was the franchise for WCW in the late 80s and early 90s while Hogan was ruling WWF. He's earned the right to not have to put everyone over until he wants to. He's a legend.trick_man01

except Goldberg.

and the Giant.