Mikadok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Mikadok
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts

im not saying I dont like these things or anything but why are they always about Triple H and what do you have against him. Just curious.

I have nothing against Trips as a human being, but as a wrestler, I find it interesting and at the same time, degrading and disrespectful tat you can trace the ruination of most superstars careers back to him in some way. Anyway, hope you peeps enjoy this one. CASE STUDY #9: HHH vs. Kane (2003). The Facts: If at first you don't succeed, suck, suck again. Kane refused to play dodgeball because he was sad. The Big Red Machine wasn't quite himself, so Steve Austin did what any responsible co-GM would do; He gave Kane a stunner. This relit Kane's pilot light and he went on a chokeslamming spree. Then out of nowhere, HHH invited Kane to join Evolution for some stupid "Stephanie wrote this crap" reason. Kane responded to HHH's offer with another goozle message. This turned into one of those stupid retarded-kids-playing-chess angles where Austin made a title match, but co-GM Eric Bischoff insisted that Kane's mask be at stake, as well. Figure Four Weekly editor Bryan Alvarez put it best when he said, "After all these years, they're going to unmask Kane on free TV with no build." And so they did. Evolution helped HHH get the win, after which Kane unmasked, revealing him to be not the brother of The Undertaker, but rather the identical twin of The Missing Link. Understandably embarrassed, Kane forsook the ways of the babyface and returned to his roots as a chokeslamming Heelenstein. But at least there was no freaking necrophilia this time. The Prosecution: Okay, I'm not even gonna mention that something this monumental should have been built for a PPV. If you're gonna de-mask your biggest masked wrestler, the guy who did the de-masking should have at least gotten some momentum out of the deal. Remember when Foley made HHH? HHH crowed about it for, Well, he's still crowing about it. But THAT'S how you do it. At the very least, Kane's downfall should have been funneled into Randy Orton's "legend killer" gimmick. But it wasn't. And another thing: Make the Big Red Machine into a deranged monster heel, sure, but shouldn't he have been just the slightest bit annoyed with Hunter and Evolution for unmasking him? I can even buy the fact that Kane started his rampage against RVD because it was Rob (his former tag partner) who pushed him into the mask-vs.-belt match in the first place. But still; at some point, Kane should have gone after HHH and his dancing bears for revenge. The Defense: Kane was more stale than French bread, which is stale by nature anyway. Why the heck does anyone eat that crap, anyway? Ahem, the Defense digresses. Kane needed a change, and if he was going to lose the mask, why would risk it against anything less than the World Title? And for what it's worth, the unmasking DID give a noticeable bump up to the ratings at a time when the company desperately needed it. The Verdict: Guilty. No follow-up with the guy who unmasked him? Then no defense holds up. Ironically, Kane kinda IS the indestructible monster that he plays on TV. No matter how many times a McMahon (or McMahon-in-law) kicks him into that proverbial firepit, he just keeps coming back without a scratch on him. Losing the mask is DEATH for a guy's cred, yet the BRM evolved and is still a great, effective character to this day. No one has an unkind word to say about Kane behind the scenes, where he is regarded as a consummate professional who has paid his dues, but still works as hard as anyone. Kind of the Anti-Hunter. That's it, I'm buying a Kane t-shirt just on GP.

The next case will be the last for a while, unfortunately. See you guys soon, and I hope you've enjoyed these.
patm69037

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 patm69037
Member since 2002 • 320 Posts
i like this one. good work
SwimPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 SwimPUNK
Member since 2005 • 4214 Posts
Very good. That was easily Triple Polotics.  The fact that Kane went after RVD could have been even more proof.  TRying to keep RVD away from ANY push. 
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

The Verdict: Guilty. No follow-up with the guy who unmasked him?

The next case will be the last for a while, unfortunately. See you guys soon, and I hope you've enjoyed these.
Mikadok
I really have enjoyed theses, they've been fun to read and very well written.

The Kane unmasking storyline is definately one that has bothered me for a long time and you pointed out one of the biggest problems with it.  After unmasking him, Evolution doesn't even get so much as a scratch on them and Kane seems to lose all interest in going after the thing he risked the mask for.  And, as you pointed out the Kane stuff was the highest rated segments and episodes on Raw for a long time.  Instead of casting Kane aside, they could have held off Goldberg's ascent to the title and given Kane a main event match with Triple H for Summerslam, or better yet, throw RVD in the mix, for a Triple Threat, where Kane vs RVD could be built better.  However, that's just where my problems with the Kane storyline begin.