Most rememberly: Worst or biggest disappointing Matches?

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

Here is my list of my top 5 (not in any order)

1. Austin vs. Rock at Wrestlemania XVII

2. Austin vs. Undertaker at Judgment Day May 2001

3. Goldberg vs. Lessnar at Wrestlemania XX

4. Bam Bam vs. LT at Wrestlemania XI

5. Goldberg vs. Sid at Halloween Havoc 1999

I cannot think of any others at the moment!

Please do not flame! Remember everbody has their own view on what is great and what is not.

theoryc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 theoryc2
Member since 2004 • 3203 Posts
  • Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg
  • Randy Orton vs The Undertaker
Flippolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Flippolf
Member since 2002 • 520 Posts
The Ray Mesterio vs. Eddie at this past WM was a bit of a dissapointment for me. I was expecting alot from that and they just missed a ton of spots.
Asimraza21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Asimraza21
Member since 2004 • 157 Posts

*deleted*

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts
Summerslam 03 Elimination Chamber match. :(
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

Most Disappointing:

1. Kevin Nash vs Goldberg: The match wasn't terrible, but the ending was crap and probably the single worst way to end Goldberg's vaunted streak. Way to go, Nash.
  2. Kevin Nash vs Hollywood Hogan: The infamous finger poke. WCW died right here, as far as I was concerned. I was there live, and boy did it suck.
  3. Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar: Definately fell short of expectations.
  4. RVD vs HBK: Not a bad match at all, but my expectations were too high for a first ever encounter. Plus, Trips interferes and ruins everything.
  5. Jeff Hardy vs The Undertaker Ladder Match: I was a Hardy fan at the time, and thought this match would rule. As it turned out, I would rank this as the worst Ladder Match in WWE's history with ladder matches.

Dishonorable Mentions: John Cena vs JBL, JBL vs Eddie, JBL vs Eddie vs Booker vs Undertaker, Warrior vs Hogan II.

Worst Matches:

1. Kevin Nash vs Hogan: A freaking finger poke people. Awful.
  2. Scott Steiner vs HHH: Absolutely terrible match. Steiner had no conditioning, and Trips didn't exactly do much to carry him either
  3. Daniel Puder vs Mike Mizanin Dixie Dog Fight: Not technically a match, but I was still forced to watch it live. Both men were visibly winded after the first round. Just not good at all.
  4. Big Show vs Akebono: Not a match but scarring. It did not deserve to be a Wrestlemania match
  5. Jeff Hardy vs Jeff Jarrett 6 sides of steel Cage Match.

Dishonorable mentions: John Cena vs JBL, Christy vs Trish, Kronik vs Taker/Kane, JBL vs Undertaker

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

The Ray Mesterio vs. Eddie at this past WM was a bit of a dissapointment for me. I was expecting alot from that and they just missed a ton of spots.Flippolf

I agree, that was a really disappointing, considering the great matches that they recently had before that and that Wrestlemania XXI match turns out to be there worst one out them all. That match was not bad, but by far won the award for biggest disappointer of the night.

Lord_Malign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Lord_Malign
Member since 2004 • 4483 Posts

Most disapointing:

HBK vs Bret Hart......Vince was wrong on how he did Bret Hart...not letting him quit/leave on top with the title.

dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 dRehkJY
Member since 2004 • 14258 Posts

Most Disappointing:

1. Kevin Nash vs Goldberg: The match wasn't terrible, but the ending was crap and probably the single worst way to end Goldberg's vaunted streak. Way to go, Nash.
  2. Kevin Nash vs Hollywood Hogan: The infamous finger poke. WCW died right here, as far as I was concerned. I was there live, and boy did it suck.
  3. Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar: Definately fell short of expectations.
  4. RVD vs HBK: Not a bad match at all, but my expectations were too high for a first ever encounter. Plus, Trips interferes and ruins everything.
  5. Jeff Hardy vs The Undertaker Ladder Match: I was a Hardy fan at the time, and thought this match would rule. As it turned out, I would rank this as the worst Ladder Match in WWE's history with ladder matches.

Dishonorable Mentions: John Cena vs JBL, JBL vs Eddie, JBL vs Eddie vs Booker vs Undertaker, Warrior vs Hogan II.

Worst Matches:

1. Kevin Nash vs Hogan: A freaking finger poke people. Awful.
  2. Scott Steiner vs HHH: Absolutely terrible match. Steiner had no conditioning, and Trips didn't exactly do much to carry him either
  3. Daniel Puder vs Mike Mizanin Dixie Dog Fight: Not technically a match, but I was still forced to watch it live. Both men were visibly winded after the first round. Just not good at all.
  4. Big Show vs Akebono: Not a match but scarring. It did not deserve to be a Wrestlemania match
  5. Jeff Hardy vs Jeff Jarrett 6 sides of steel Cage Match.

Dishonorable mentions: John Cena vs JBL, Christy vs Trish, Kronik vs Taker/Kane, JBL vs Undertaker

The_Dude14

I never saw the Dixie Dog fight or the TNA ones or Nash vs Goldberg but I agree with those. I agree with Worst number 4 especially. So much ass and Akebono had a long Bono slip which he did not get away.

dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 dRehkJY
Member since 2004 • 14258 Posts

[QUOTE="Flippolf"]The Ray Mesterio vs. Eddie at this past WM was a bit of a dissapointment for me. I was expecting alot from that and they just missed a ton of spots.Link256

I agree, that was a really disappointing, considering the great matches that they recently had before that and that Wrestlemania XXI match turns out to be there worst one out them all. That match was not bad, but by far won the award for biggest disappointer of the night.

You forget, it was a handicap match Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio's mask vs Rey Mysterio. Rey spent more time trying to fix the mask than he did fighting

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts
[QUOTE="Link256"]

[QUOTE="Flippolf"]The Ray Mesterio vs. Eddie at this past WM was a bit of a dissapointment for me. I was expecting alot from that and they just missed a ton of spots.dRehkJY

You forget, it was a handicap match Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio's mask vs Rey Mysterio. Rey spent more time trying to fix the mask than he did fighting

Meh...I thought it was still a decent match. It was better than both title matches in the end IMHO...

-Y2J-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Y2J-
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts
[QUOTE="Link256"]

[QUOTE="Flippolf"]The Ray Mesterio vs. Eddie at this past WM was a bit of a dissapointment for me. I was expecting alot from that and they just missed a ton of spots.dRehkJY

:lol:
p.s. who's the guy on fire in your sig?