Kurt Angle suffers severe injury, not suprising at all.

batistafan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 batistafan99
Member since 2006 • 2592 Posts
source: PWInsider

Kurt Angle suffered a concussion during his Iron Man match against Samoa Joe at TNA’s Final Resolution pay-per-view last night. Angle was in a lot of pain throughout the match and spent several minutes on the ring apron before heading backstage. Once he was out of fans’ sight, he had several backstage staff members help him to the locker room. Angle told medical staff that he didn’t remember several parts of the match and praised Samoa Joe for carrying the match after he sustained the injury.

Despite the injury, Angle made an appearance on the syndicated NBC program iVilliage Live this morning. Angle was listed as a TNA wrestler as he took part in a cooking segment on the show. During the appearance, he confirmed that he suffered a concussion eight minutes into his match with Samoa Joe, noting that it was his first concussion in four years.

Angle plugged TNA, bringing up Samoa Joe’s name several times during the appearance. He stated that TNA was better than WWE because the wrestlers are more athletic.

I think that Kurt should have taken time off before joining TNA, I knew that this would happen to him. He is too committed to wrestling, he should stop before he kills himself.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

I think that Kurt should have taken time off before joining TNA, I knew that this would happen to him. He is too committed to wrestling, he should stop before he kills himself.
batistafan99
This has nothing to do with "taking time off" from wrestling.  When your job is to land on your head and get kicked and punched in the face, concussions are going to happen.  It wouldn't matter if he took three years off, the risk for a concussion would be exactly the same.

Its not his neck and that's what's important.

tidus_swain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 tidus_swain
Member since 2003 • 10019 Posts
Happens a lot. Brusing of the Brain is the technical term (learn't that from when the Dudley boys had concussions)
MistaMike54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MistaMike54
Member since 2005 • 6417 Posts
I don't think this will effect his status in TNA too much.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
Happens a lot. Brusing of the Brain is the technical term (learn't that from when the Dudley boys had concussions)tidus_swain
lol actually what happens is the head gets hit or lands on a hard surface and the brain inside your head starts to move and the vibrations inside your head give you a really really bad headache.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
Wow, that's pretty unfortunate.  As The_Dude said, it's a good thing it isn't his neck.  He should be able to recover from this just fine.
dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 dRehkJY
Member since 2004 • 14258 Posts

[QUOTE="batistafan99"]I think that Kurt should have taken time off before joining TNA, I knew that this would happen to him. He is too committed to wrestling, he should stop before he kills himself.
The_Dude14

This has nothing to do with "taking time off" from wrestling. When your job is to land on your head and get kicked and punched in the face, concussions are going to happen. It wouldn't matter if he took three years off, the risk for a concussion would be exactly the same.

Its not his neck and that's what's important.

I think the point he was trying to make was that Kurt Angle had stated that he wanted time off to rest and be with his family, now say that he had taken the time and was still resting, would he have a concussion right now?
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
Well you guys are relating this injury to taking time off and you have to understand that sometimes these things are inevitable, you can't prevent them from happening and as The Dude said even with time off he still had just as much of a chance as anyone else to getting a concussion, it happens. Now if Angle does however suffer some other kind of injury because his body is put through a lot of wear and tear, then you can relate it to taking time off which personally I think he should have done.
Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#9 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
his injuries are always serious. hes needs to stop wrestling so hard
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

his injuries are always serious. hes needs to stop wrestling so hardDevouring_One

There's no such term as "wrestling so hard". It's too ambiguous. If Angle decided to "stop wrestling so hard" then quite simply, he wouldn't be Angle.

As far as the injury is conjured, well, first off, props to Joe for carrying the match till the end with Angle's concussion hitting early into the match. As for Angle, well, all I can say is he needs his rest and I hope he pulls through what happened last night with more wisdom when he wrestles in the future.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

[QUOTE="batistafan99"]I think that Kurt should have taken time off before joining TNA, I knew that this would happen to him. He is too committed to wrestling, he should stop before he kills himself.
The_Dude14

This has nothing to do with "taking time off" from wrestling.  When your job is to land on your head

ah, the Mitsuhara Misawa method.

now i have a reason to pin my distaste for the ironman match last night. Joe KILLED Angle too soon.