Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

According to wtsbradio.com out of North Carolina, WWE Star Gregory Helms was assaulted at the Johnston County Club in Smithfield North Carolina early Tuesday morning. The report states that Helms was, "assaulted by an acquaintance while at the N&N Sports Bar on South Equity Drive in Smithfield around 1:10am. Smithfield Police were summoned to the business after an altercation between Helms and Dustin Curtis Narron, 29, of Selma Nc." Narron is being accused of slapping Helms following an altercation the men had. Helms then filed charges for assault; a warrant was issued, which police served about an hour later on Narron. Mr. Narron was then released on $500 bail pending his court appearance on the charges.

UPDATE: Gregory Helms posted the following on his MySpace page about being assaulted in a North Carolina bar earlier this week.

Just a quick note to let everyone know I'm fine. I hate when my name is attached to such retardedness (is that even a word) but sometimes, no matter how hard one tries, trouble can find it's way to you. Kinda like how bugs are drawn to a light. After breaking my neck and losing my mom in the same year, the last thing I need to happen is to be arrested for beating up some chumpstain in a bar fight.

I've always been amazed when people try to fight pro wrestlers. I mean, I understand or at least I try to understand that having any kind of celebrity status, no matter how major or minor, puts a bull's-eye on your back, but what do these people think? Do they think that they are gonna get our contract if they somehow win the fight? Do they really think it's gonna prove anything? I remember one time watching some guy try to fight Meng and I was just shocked because there was no way in this world that this guy could beat Meng, yet there he was acting like a total tool! Why???

And then, take my altercation for example, this guy is pretty much known as a career-loser, so did he think that fighting me would somehow make his life better? And what would I have to gain by whooping his ass? Nothing! Which, is why I was trying my best to ignore this jackoff At least until he decided to swing on me.

Important note here, he only swung when he saw I was being held. We got a name for that where I come from, it starts with a "B" and rhymes with *insert b-word*! :) Hell, he's lucky Velvet Sky didn't get a hold of him, as mad as she was, I'd bet a year's salary that she woulda beat him down. :)
BadMrSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 BadMrSnake
Member since 2005 • 2500 Posts

There's a hurricane coming through!

Sports-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sports-Fan
Member since 2007 • 608 Posts
He gor slapped and did nothing? Why does that not suprise me...
alljoemama92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 alljoemama92
Member since 2006 • 4139 Posts

He gor slapped and did nothing? Why does that not suprise me...Sports-Fan

hmm lets see so he dosent get sued

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
He gor slapped and did nothing? Why does that not suprise me...Sports-Fan
Because for one he is recovering from a broken neck. Also if he fights back it's a fight right now it's assault.
Ronstera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ronstera
Member since 2007 • 6112 Posts

Here's the picture of the guy that slapped Helms

http://www.wtsbradio.com/images/narron,dustin.jpg

Sports-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sports-Fan

[QUOTE="Sports-Fan"]He gor slapped and did nothing? Why does that not suprise me...trick_man01
Because for one he is recovering from a broken neck. Also if he fights back it's a fight right now it's assault.

I wasnt aware of that, I thought he was pretty much recovered. Recovered enough to go out drinking...

And self-defence and assault are two different things.

wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#8 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts
That's too bad for Helms to be assaulted like that and with him doing nothing to the guy.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
Uh...it was a slap... recovering or not I hardly think that should've attracted police attention. The guy had to pay 500 bucks just for slapping someone... sounds kinda harsh to me.
Sports-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sports-Fan

Uh...it was a slap... recovering or not I hardly think that should've attracted police attention. The guy had to pay 500 bucks just for slapping someone... sounds kinda harsh to me.wwervin
In the 80's, the guy just wouldv'e pounded the punk for slapping him.

But seriously, when you're "famous" (can Helms really be put in that category) you get slapped a lot, and not just that. A lot of other stuff, and it can be a pain in the ass to put up with. I think its fitting, but anything more than a fine might be overboard.

smokingsbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 smokingsbad
Member since 2004 • 38455 Posts
helms is to cool to slap him
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Link256
The Raleigh News & Observer has an article up on the Gregory Helms assault situation. Check it out here.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Link256
UPDATE: Gregory Helms posted the following on his MySpace page about being assaulted in a North Carolina bar earlier this week.

Just a quick note to let everyone know I'm fine. I hate when my name is attached to such retardedness (is that even a word) but sometimes, no matter how hard one tries, trouble can find it's way to you. Kinda like how bugs are drawn to a light. After breaking my neck and losing my mom in the same year, the last thing I need to happen is to be arrested for beating up some chumpstain in a bar fight.

I've always been amazed when people try to fight pro wrestlers. I mean, I understand or at least I try to understand that having any kind of celebrity status, no matter how major or minor, puts a bull's-eye on your back, but what do these people think? Do they think that they are gonna get our contract if they somehow win the fight? Do they really think it's gonna prove anything? I remember one time watching some guy try to fight Meng and I was just shocked because there was no way in this world that this guy could beat Meng, yet there he was acting like a total tool! Why???

And then, take my altercation for example, this guy is pretty much known as a career-loser, so did he think that fighting me would somehow make his life better? And what would I have to gain by whooping his ass? Nothing! Which, is why I was trying my best to ignore this jackoff At least until he decided to swing on me.

Important note here, he only swung when he saw I was being held. We got a name for that where I come from, it starts with a "B" and rhymes with *insert b-word*! :) Hell, he's lucky Velvet Sky didn't get a hold of him, as mad as she was, I'd bet a year's salary that she woulda beat him down. :)

dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 dRehkJY
Member since 2004 • 14258 Posts
You have to feel sorry for Helms
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts

UPDATE:

"Current WWE Star Charged With Assault & Battery Date Added: May 26, 2008
Story By: Richard Gray
I am able to confirm that Gregory Helms was served a criminal summons at his home in Smithfield, North Carolina on charges of assault and battery last Thursday. Helms was not arrested or taken into custody but was ordered to appear in court on July 8th to answer the misdemeanor charges.

The summons stems from an altercation that Helms had with Dustin Narron, a 29 year old man, at the N&N Sports Bar on May 6th. Narron was arrested after the incident occurred at 1:10 AM after Helms filed assault charges.

Helms, a WWE superstar on the SmackDown brand, is currently out rehabbing a serious neck injury. "

Source: Prowrestling.com

Well...idk if this is true or not, I suppose we'll find out soon enough, but it seems to me like Helms did what he said he wouldn't and fought back.

Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts

Here's the picture of the guy that slapped Helms

http://www.wtsbradio.com/images/narron,dustin.jpg

Ronstera

Lol... I don't know why but that picture made me laugh.