redtribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 redtribe
Member since 2005 • 331 Posts

if Batista and Lashley would be a tag team do you think that they would take down anyone...

even Mark Henry?

I think so. that would be an unstopable team

badaboom187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 badaboom187
Member since 2005 • 6917 Posts
yup
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

It seems random but yeah, I guess. I doubt Lashley will be pushed with someone like Batista right now but lately, the WWE has been far from predictable. I think a Lashley/Henry combination could work out interesting though.

Right now I think the only two we'll be seeing feuding real soon are Batista/Henry. 

mud12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 mud12345
Member since 2005 • 3576 Posts
I bet Henry could not even wear a single title belt. They have to make bigger version just for him. Him holding a title would be like holding a leather belt to him.
majingokuss4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 majingokuss4
Member since 2004 • 1412 Posts
how heavy is he, and is he really the world's strongest man? No way...
philcabinet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 philcabinet
Member since 2005 • 4312 Posts
Didn't Batista just get away from being stuck in a tag team not too long ago?
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hbk91
how heavy is he, and is he really the world's strongest man? No way...majingokuss4
Something like 350 lbs. Oh and no he isn't.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Well, he was kinda the World's Strongest Man a long time ago, and kinda not. From Obsessedwithwrestling:

• 1992 Olympics: Mark Henry was 366lbs, making him the largest weightlifter in the history of the Olympic Games..
  • 1992 Barcelona Olympics: Mark Henry finished 10th in the superheavyweight division..
  • 1995 Pan American Games: Mark Henry won a gold, silver, and bronze metal..
  • 1996: Mark Henry became a NACACI (North America, Central America, Caribbean Islands) champion..

And why they still use him, which is one of the dumbest things the WWE has ever done:

1996: Mark Henry signed a lucrative 10 year/$10 million contract with the World Wrestling Federation..

BATMAYNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 BATMAYNE
    Member since 2005 • 3225 Posts

and is he really the world's strongest man? No way...majingokuss4

How he got that name...

http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingBiosH/henry_olympics.html

Going into the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, Mark Henry was considered one of the favourites in weightlifting. He held three world records in power lifting, and everyone liked the 6-foot-3, 24-year-old, 420-pounder from tiny Silsbee, Texas.

After all, Henry had been to the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, where he finished 10th in the superheavyweight class. He could only continue to go up, people said.

But Henry was a power lifter, which is different than the weightlifting events at the Olympics -- the clean and jerk (in which the barbell is lifted from the floor to the shoulders, then overhead) and the snatch (where the barbell is lifting from the floor overhead in one motion). Weightlifting is considered more sophisticated, involving more agility, timing, flexibility and technique than power lifting, which relies on brute strength.

Henry's experiences at the Georgia World Congress Centre in Atlanta weren't all that memorable. He finished 14th, lifting 831 pounds in total: 386 in the snatch and 445 in his only attempt at the clean-and-jerk. Russia's Andrey Chemerkin won gold, lifting a world-record 573 in the clean-and-jerk and tying the world record with a total of 1,008.

SLAM! Sports covers The GamesSLAM! WRESTLING'S
    OLYMPIAN STORIES

• Earl McCready, 1928
  • Mad Dog Vachon, 1948
  • Danny Hodge, 1952, 1956
  • Dale Lewis, 1956, 1960
  • Bob Roop, 1968
  • Chris Taylor, 1972
  • Bad News Allen, 1976
  • Brad Rheingans, 1976
  • Mark Henry, 1992, 1996
  • Kurt Angle, 1996
  • The other Olympians
  • After his last lift Henry grimaced, reached for his back, and limped down the steps. A short time later, he withdrew because of injury.

"I'm a little disappointed," he told Knight-Ridder at the time, "but more disappointed for my team. They voted me team captain, and I felt like I had extra to do, but it just didn't happen.

"I actually dreamed of winning a medal, but I would have settled for doing the best I've ever done. Instead, I did the best I could do."

After The Games, he signed on with the World Wrestling Federation for what he called at the time a "10-year, multimillion-dollar contract", talking about how he watched Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan over the years. Henry trained for pro wrestling in the WWF's Stamford gym and with Leo Burke out in Calgary.

He crowed at the time that his contract with the WWF had a clause that allowed him time off to train and compete in power lifting, and in interviews into 1997, he still professed a belief that he would compete in the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney.

"I've signed to wrestle for the 1998-99 then I'll go back to lifting," he told the Calgary Herald in October 1997. "In '92, I exceed my expectations. In '96, I didn't. I'll be there in 2000. Injuries are the only thing that can stop me."

Instead, Henry became a fairly solid mid-card WWFer, never quite finding his niche until the 'Sexual Chocolate' persona allowed him to show his tender, funny side.

Weight gain has troubled Henry as of late, and he is apparently on 're-assignment' in the Ohio Valley Wrestling promotion run by Jim Cornette.

As his skills in the ring continue to improve, there's no doubt he'll be back in the WWF rings. But a shot at the Olympic rings again seems highly unlikely.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JML897
    Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
    Oh, I forgot -- He also won a "World's Strongest Man" competition in 2002.
    hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hbk91
  • 1996: Mark Henry signed a lucrative 10 year/$10 million contract with the World Wrestling Federation..

JML897

• Well I knew Vince had a lot of money and was on top of things, especially with Austin and DX and the whole "attitude" era but $10 million for that guy...that guy... :shock:

RamboneForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 RamboneForever
    Member since 2005 • 969 Posts

Henry's whole thing with N.O.D was about the biggest thing he's done,that sexual chocalte gimmick was completly stupid.
    But the Mae Young angle was possibly one of the worst angles ever!