CM Punk and Daniel Bryan: Who Will Have the Better WWE Career?

lord_soultaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 lord_soultaker
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
As of right now i will say Cm Punk
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Easily CM Punk. I still think Daniel Bryan will have a respectable run for many years with the company.

As long as Punk decides to stay with the company for a few more years he's a Hall of Famer.

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts

Easily CM Punk. I still think Daniel Bryan will have a respectable run for many years with the company.

As long as Punk decides to stay with the company for a few more years he's a Hall of Famer.

JML897

I agree with this statement exactly.

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
Punk. But unlike most people here, I do not think Daniel Bryan will go back to floundering in midcard hell for the rest of his career after this title run. I expect great things.
Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#5 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts
Punk. But unlike most people here, I do not think Daniel Bryan will go back to floundering in midcard hell for the rest of his career after this title run. I expect great things.Razor-Lazor
Swagger beat Orton clean at Extreme Rules 2010. Something to think about.
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts
Punk. But unlike most people here, I do not think Daniel Bryan will go back to floundering in midcard hell for the rest of his career after this title run. I expect great things.Razor-Lazor
Stop being positive, this is a pro wrestling forum.
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Razor-Lazor

Swagger beat Orton clean at Extreme Rules 2010. Something to think about. Demonic_Jin
While I can see the ways that WWE could absolutely bury Bryan into oblivion once his reign as WHC is over, I just don't see it happening. Ever since Vince left, they've been making much smarter choices. Or, at least, choices that favor people we all like. Not necessarily good business decisions.

Stop being positive, this is a pro wrestling forum.Chicago_Nut
You're right. Bryan will become Doink 2.0, a robotic version of Doink the Clown, and form a tag team with Santino.
Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#8 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts
The reason I'm skeptical about Bryan's post WHC career is how he was handled in between the time he won the MiTB and the World Title. During said time he won zero important matches and mostly competed on superstars and NXT. Similarly, Swagger wasn't doing much before his run and pretty went straight back into doing nothing after his run. Hell, even Miz headlined Wrestlemania and has been in one important match since, and he was only in it because The Rock and John Cena needed a 'tag team' to wrestle. Kane was World Champ for 150+ days, beat the Undertaker 3 PPVs straight and then floundered for a year before getting his mask back. I could go back further into the history of MiTB winners but you get the point. So, yeah, while I'm pleasantly surprised at how they've given him a kinda sorta fairly respectable reign, I'm doubtful he'll have much going on in the months following his reign. That said, I really do hope I'm wrong, and I hope in a few months you can quote this and say 'I told you so'.
The_Great_One2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Great_One2
Member since 2006 • 630 Posts

JML897

Wow slow down there big guy. Punks gonna have to step up his game big time to eventually be on the ballot for the hof. He can't simply just coast through a few more years and be a lock for the hof. He's been around for like six years and has had one memorable match. Thats why i went with Daniel Bryan.

Bryan could wrestle circles around Punk right now. Plus, Punk's mic skills are more overrated than the SEC. Can't wait till Mania and Bryan/Sheamus outshines Punk/Jerichio.

Danielson>>>Punk.

'Nuff Said.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts

[QUOTE="JML897"]

The_Great_One2

Wow slow down there big guy. Punks gonna have to step up his game big time to eventually be on the ballot for the hof. He can't simply just coast through a few more years and be a lock for the hof. He's been around for like six years and has had one memorable match. Thats why i went with Daniel Bryan.

Bryan could wrestle circles around Punk right now. Plus, Punk's mic skills are more overrated than the SEC. Can't wait till Mania and Bryan/Sheamus outshines Punk/Jerichio.

Danielson>>>Punk.

'Nuff Said.

Punk is a lock for HOF.

-CoMBaT-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 -CoMBaT-
Member since 2004 • 1347 Posts
That same logic would put Chris Jericho in the HOF, and Chris Jericho has done more. However a lot of people here probably find that to be an unlikely event, despite how deserving he is. Why are people here so sure of Punk?
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Razor-Lazor

LOL @ anybody saying that Chris Jericho and CM Punk aren't going to be in the Hall of Fame.

Need I say more?

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

^Word. It's just a matter of time before Jericho's inducted. It's not like they have inducted every single deserving person who is semi-retired. The f*cking Rock still isn't even inducted.

Current WWE wrestlers who have HOF resumes or are close:
The Rock (duh)
Chris Jericho (lock)
John Cena (lock)
Randy Orton (lock)
Rey Mysterio (lock)
Triple H (lock)
Kane (lock)
Undertaker (lock)
Christian (I think he'll eventually get in, just not as the headlining member of his cIass)
Booker T (see above, I don't think he's in yet)
Big Show (been in the business for 15+ years with WCW and WWE and near the top of the card for most of that time...probably going in)
Mark Henry (doubtful)
CM Punk (near lock as long as he doesn't quit tomorrow)

All of those guys have stronger resumes than Koko B Ware. The HOF doesn't just induct guys who are the face of the company. There are quite a few guys in the HOF who were pretty much midcarders for the vast majority of their careers.

Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dark_Hylian8
Member since 2005 • 6711 Posts

Here's the thing,

Mark Henry is getting in. Period. 

However, Shaq will get in before him.

Getting in the WWE HOF is not a pretigeious thing. ****ing Drew Carrey is in it. The point I'm trying to make is that as long as you show up on WWE TV, you are in.

Just wait.

WWE Hall Of Fame Inductee: Kevin Federline. 

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Razor-Lazor
...as long as you show up on WWE TV, you are in.Dark_Hylian8
I absolutely agree with this.
ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 ToTheBank
Member since 2004 • 4471 Posts
sad but true... Lesnar will end up in somehow which is sad considering his depature
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts
Yeah the Hall of Fame isn't really much of an honor, if you're anything other than a jobber you have a good chance of getting in at some point. Maybe not first ballot, and maybe not the headliner of that years batch, but at some point it'll probably happen.
Norrie91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Norrie91
Member since 2009 • 2444 Posts

CM Punk, even if he were to eventually leave I think his WWE Career will be/isbetter.
Once D-Bry Losses the title I'm almost certain he'll be droped back to Mid-Carder Hell.