TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
I have no documents or anything to prove that Cena will turn heel at WM29, but I have something else: instinct. Firstly, Cena has been face since 2006 I believe; that's seven years of nonstop childish shenanigans. This can't last forever as the audience that grew up with Cena over this time is beginning to hit puberty and with that will crave an edgier Cena, maybe even a rebellious, anti-establishment Cena who defies authority. Cena's been demanding a heel turn for years now and i believe that the time is right for him to do so. Coming on the heels of one of the most amazing matches in modern WWE history, it would make sense for Cena to turn on Rock at WM and ally himself with Punk and Heyman to form an anti-WWE stable. Why? Because Cena has been in a legitimate disagreement with Vince over his character's direction for years now and just a few months ago, led to a heated argument between the two over the state of WWE where Cena accused McMahon of being "out of touch" with the audience creating a stale product as a result. This backstage feud would create a storyline that would "blur" the lines of reality just like Punk's pipe bomb of 2011. What Cena can do is win dirty over Rock at Mania with the help of Punk and on Raw the next night, proclaim that Vince is destroying the WWE and that he and Punk are the "Two Witnesses" of the WWE's destruction. Cena will say that Vince pushed Rock by giving him a title shot at Royal Rumble when there were plenty of other contender's who were rightfully next in line, but Vince and his old cash cow Dwayne brokered a deal for Dwayne to advertise for WWE by carrying the belt to all the movie premieres while Dwayne used WWE to promote his movies and that Vince stacked the odds against Punk to lose because Punk isn't a model WWE superstar. So, Cena and Punk with the help of Heyman, devised a strategy to screw Vince and Rock out of the championship and turn WWE inside out by putting on a stellar performance showing people that they are the best wrestlers in the world and guys like Triple H and The Rock are just talentless old men trying to relive their glory days that are long gone.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
The important question: what color shirt will Cena be wearing when he does this?
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TruthTellers
The important question: what color shirt will Cena be wearing when he does this? JML897
This one
ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 ToTheBank
Member since 2004 • 4471 Posts
not a chance... those young fans youre talking about will be looked over for a new batch of young fans b/c theyre the ones who will buy the toys, t-shirts and any other garbo WWE throws at them... it sucks, but it is true
Santos-2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Santos-2
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts
And he's been face since sometime 2003. Being a face for almost 10yrs I can't see him going heel.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts
Honestly, he can't be a more effective heel than he already is. On the other hand, turning him heel is probably the only way to fix him as a face. Although there's too little sample size for any times that WWE threatened to give him some edge (around MITB '11, when I actually do believe they should have gone Cena-McMahon; last year after losing to Rock), before they went back to the same old ****, it has become so ingrained in wrestling culture for ever "cool kid" in the crowd to boo him, the only way to change that may be turning him heel. Here's the flaw, though: who does he feud with? When you turn John Cena heel, you better have a legit "the man" in the wings to step up. I don't see it and you know that WWE sees it as ****in' Sheamus and Ryback. The best candidate would be Cena's running buddy in your scenario. When you look at the two biggest heel turns in wrestling, Hogan and Austin, WCW clearly had "the man" in Sting to build around and it resulted in unparralled success. With Austin, WWE clearly didn't (or, perhaps, it was derailed due to injury before it could gain proper momentum and WWE panicked), despite having considerably more prospects than the current environment.
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts

If Punk was turned face again (I am in no way advocating this) he could easily be built as "The Man" who could beat Cena. Hell, they've practically done that with him as a heel.

OMG I would mark though for a face Bryan vs. a heel Cena.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TruthTellers
Dude, you bring up a good point in who would Cena feud with and my answer is Triple H, The Rock, The Undertaker, The Miz *ugh*, Sheamus, a face Big Show, Ryback, and Vince himself. That list would give enough for Cena to be a heel for the rest of this year. In the end, it's not really a heel turn that I'm speculating, but more of a tweener turn in the eyes of the IWC, and a heel turn in Jerry Lawler's.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
^Those first three probably won't be around after April. And do you really want to see Cena vs Miz/Sheamus/face Big Show/Ryback?
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TruthTellers
[QUOTE="JML897"]^Those first three probably won't be around after April. And do you really want to see Cena vs Miz/Sheamus/face Big Show/Ryback?

I'd rather see any of those matchups than Super Cena for the next 5 years.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 pokajabba
Member since 2006 • 4741 Posts
Please... Never let me witness Cena vs Miz NEVER, and I mean EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER again!
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts
Dude, you bring up a good point in who would Cena feud with and my answer is Triple H, The Rock, The Undertaker, The Miz *ugh*, Sheamus, a face Big Show, Ryback, and Vince himself. That list would give enough for Cena to be a heel for the rest of this year. In the end, it's not really a heel turn that I'm speculating, but more of a tweener turn in the eyes of the IWC, and a heel turn in Jerry Lawler's.TruthTellers
It's about more than just feuds. If Cena turns heel, you need someone who can step up and carry the title "the man" as a face. When Hogan turned, Sting was that guy. When Austin turned, WWE didn't have that guy with Rock making movies and, again, they had a lot more potentials (Angle, Jericho, Benoit and later on RVD among them). Had Trips's quad not exploded, perhaps he would have been that guy but we'll never know.
ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 ToTheBank
Member since 2004 • 4471 Posts
Weve seen Miz , Show already... ill pass... i rather see a heel Ryback feud w face Cena... DB would be an awesome feud for Cena