rigbybot127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 rigbybot127
Member since 2011 • 269 Posts

My review of the hottest game of the season, and easily the best game of the year, WCAR18's Holiday.

As always, I'm up for any sort of critique you can throw my way, so please don't be afraid to. 

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5341 Posts
I only read part of this and stopped. This seems to be a satire on some personal jokes between you and your friends, so I really don't get it and I'm not sure what I'd get out of it.
rigbybot127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rigbybot127
There are no personal jokes to be found in this satire. This is a satire of reviewing in general, and the next evolution from my previous two satire reviews of perkinsj26: the game, and perkinsj26 2: Rise of Sexweapons. If you didn't like it, I understand.
zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zyxe  Moderator

But in order to make a satire utilizing your GS friends' personalities and tying it to the satire usually means you are using inside jokes. I don't know Sexyweapons or WARCAR18, and I barely know perkinsj26 so using these unknown figures in your satire is lost on me, that's what I'm trying to say. I reread it with what you said in mind, and it has it's cool moments but it's mostly lost on me without really knowing these people.

There are no personal jokes to be found in this satire. This is a satire of reviewing in general, and the next evolution from my previous two satire reviews of perkinsj26: the game, and perkinsj26 2: Rise of Sexweapons. If you didn't like it, I understand.rigbybot127

-Saigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 -Saigo-
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
For what it's worth...I know all three and still don't understand what you're getting at. Are you satirically mocking reviewing in general?
rigbybot127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rigbybot127
Think of it like this: what I have just described in my blog post, is what I feel the perfect video game would be. Also, it's just a sequel to my perkinsj26 and perkins26 2: Rise of Sexweapons satire reviews, except this "game" was actually good. :)
zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zyxe  Moderator

In that case, setting up the backdrop for the reader, along with including a link to the previous review, would help a LOT.

Think of it like this: what I have just described in my blog post, is what I feel the perfect video game would be. Also, it's just a sequel to my perkinsj26 and perkins26 2: Rise of Sexweapons satire reviews, except this "game" was actually good. :)rigbybot127

Avatar image for AK_the_Twilight
AK_the_Twilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 152

#8 AK_the_Twilight
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts
Rule of thumb: any satire that needs to be explained afterward is a failed satire.