Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Three More Spideys PlannedStudio wants six films in all.by IGN FilmForce

May 4, 2005 - Spider-Man helmer Sam Raimi recently spoke with the SCI FI Wire website and revealed that Sony Pictures has plans to make a total of six films in the superhero franchise.  Raimi even dropped that he might be willing to direct them all. He says, "I've heard Amy Pascal [chairman of Sony's motion picture group] say she wants to make six Spider-Man pictures. ... So I think she's a woman of her word. And if she says there'll be six, there'll be six. ... If they were to ask me, and if I felt as passionate as I feel now about the character and had this great hunger and desire to tell the story, which I really do now, you couldn't keep me away from it."

Raimi is currently in preproduction on Spider-Man 3, which he says will partially deal with Peter's emotional journey as he deals with the death of Uncle Ben.  "The task that I had was to try and understand where he was when we last left him ... at the end of Spider-Man 2, trying to figure out what he lacked as a human being, as far as where he was immature and what he had not learned," Raimi said.

Sideways star Thomas Haden Church has joined the cast as the villain, but nobody's saying who that is yet.  Raimi added, "We had to choose a villain that represented a proper obstacle in the path of that growth. He says the identity of the bad guy is being withheld until Sony and Marvel can make a big presentation for the fans."

Spider-Man 3 is set for a May 4, 2007 release.  Production on the film is scheduled to begin early next year.

MachineGunDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 MachineGunDude
Member since 2005 • 407 Posts
Three More Spideys PlannedStudio wants six films in all.by IGN FilmForce

May 4, 2005 - Spider-Man helmer Sam Raimi recently spoke with the SCI FI Wire website and revealed that Sony Pictures has plans to make a total of six films in the superhero franchise.  Raimi even dropped that he might be willing to direct them all. He says, "I've heard Amy Pascal [chairman of Sony's motion picture group] say she wants to make six Spider-Man pictures. ... So I think she's a woman of her word. And if she says there'll be six, there'll be six. ... If they were to ask me, and if I felt as passionate as I feel now about the character and had this great hunger and desire to tell the story, which I really do now, you couldn't keep me away from it."

Raimi is currently in preproduction on Spider-Man 3, which he says will partially deal with Peter's emotional journey as he deals with the death of Uncle Ben.  "The task that I had was to try and understand where he was when we last left him ... at the end of Spider-Man 2, trying to figure out what he lacked as a human being, as far as where he was immature and what he had not learned," Raimi said.

Sideways star Thomas Haden Church has joined the cast as the villain, but nobody's saying who that is yet.  Raimi added, "We had to choose a villain that represented a proper obstacle in the path of that growth. He says the identity of the bad guy is being withheld until Sony and Marvel can make a big presentation for the fans."

Spider-Man 3 is set for a May 4, 2007 release.  Production on the film is scheduled to begin early next year.

The_Last_Ride

I heard that he would be playing the Sandman. There really is no need to make six Spider-man movies, I think they should stop at four.

Pikemancol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Pikemancol
Member since 2005 • 1337 Posts
Yeah Im not sure they should make so many. Im not a massive fan of Spiderman so the first movie was enough for me. Didnt really like the second movie.
Hanz_Moleman3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Hanz_Moleman3
Member since 2006 • 1692 Posts

Yeah Im not sure they should make so many. Im not a massive fan of Spiderman so the first movie was enough for me. Didnt really like the second movie.Pikemancol

You're not the only one, it WAS different which made it a hit. You've now had Batman, The Fanamatastic 4, Hulk, daredevil, Electra X-Men & beyond. Comic book movies are sooooo old now.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Last_Ride
I think the only should marvel should focus on making spiderman and maybe batman. Those two have had great directors, and the movies i liked. Fantastic 4 is a bit on the edge, but its still not a bad movie. Daredevil was the worst movie of them in my oppinion.
Hanz_Moleman3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hanz_Moleman3

Batman isn't a marvel comic it's DC isn't it...

Back to Fanamatastic 4 they must have been lacking the creativity when it came to naming the "heroes". Check this out; Mr Fantastic, The Thing, Dr Doom, You wouldn't think a hero would call himself Mr Fantastic would you?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride
Well it was the first cartoon comic series in the world, so don't criticies it so much.
Hanz_Moleman3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hanz_Moleman3
They could have made better names though...
kayne2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kayne2000
Member since 2004 • 5583 Posts

6 is just right i mean its just enough for hollywood to milk a wonderful series for all its money.

spiderman does indeed own but 6 in probably the span of 5 or 6 years is overkill

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride
I have liked enormusly the Spiderman series, if they are gonig to make 6. Make them good!
boylcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 boylcp
Member since 2005 • 3811 Posts
the point of movies like that is to get a lot of people to go on the first weekend and the dumb-asses who buy the dvd's, that is the point for crappy movies
stevo316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 stevo316
Member since 2005 • 2678 Posts
The Ramones sung the spiderman theme song once
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Last_Ride
Well i like the movies, The point of movies that they who make them earn money:P
boylcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 boylcp
Member since 2005 • 3811 Posts
I liked the first one but the second one blew
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Last_Ride

I liked the first one but the second one blewboylcp

Well thats your oppinion:). I think its good:)