Do You Think The Men's Right's Movement Is Silly?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for black_chamber99
black_chamber99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 black_chamber99
Member since 2010 • 1696 Posts

To be fair, they raise legitimate points about alimony and child support, but the entire thing seems like it was created out of spite to troll the feminist movement. this men's rights movement is not something thats really needed, its just a group of bitter, whiney, non politically correct losers that sound an awful lot like the women they're complaining about

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

they raise legitimate points about alimony and child support

black_chamber99

No.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

no actually its basically the same thing as feminism. we males develop differently. when no one likes us we used to sulk and sit around and do nothing about it. when no one likes a girl she goes and finds other girls to bitch and complain about being undesireable with. we are simply countering their c--t like behavior by being c--t's right back.

(to make things clear i am not a member nor a supported of the masculism movement)

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
So is this an actual movement or is it just a bunch of guys saying fvck you to feminists?
premeketsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 premeketsi
Member since 2013 • 131 Posts

[QUOTE="black_chamber99"]

Aljosa23

No.

Yes. As long as there is feminism in 2013, we also need MRAs in 2013. Women don't get to be the only ones to whine about mostly trivial shit in society. That's equality.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

It really irks me that guys are expected to pay for meals on dates.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="black_chamber99"]

premeketsi

No.

Yes. As long as there is feminism in 2013, we also need MRAs in 2013. Women don't get to be the only ones to whine about mostly trivial shit in society. That's equality.

Claiming women lie about spousal and child abuse in order to leverage themselves in divorce court is not a legitimate point.

rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

So is this an actual movement or is it just a bunch of guys saying fvck you to feminists?chessmaster1989

basically. whenever i think of someone who is part of the men's right movement (lol) i think of a sad, loser neckbeard who blames the whole female gender because he can't get any

premeketsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 premeketsi

[QUOTE="premeketsi"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]No.

Aljosa23

Claiming women lie about spousal and child abuse in order to leverage themselves in divorce court is not a legitimate point.

Ok.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Be like "I'm gonna go to the bathroom", and walk to your car.
premeketsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 premeketsi

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]So is this an actual movement or is it just a bunch of guys saying fvck you to feminists?rocinante_

basically. whenever i think of someone who is part of the men's right movement (lol) i think of a sad, loser neckbeard who blames the whole female gender because he can't get any

Men live less, work at jobs with higher risks, suicide more, almost exclusively die as soldiers, are expected to not express any emotion while at the same get shat on from feminists for being "too masculine". I doubt any movement is going to change this but if feminists are allowed to whine about anything, so should MRAs. Every person has their own problems. If an old school feminist witnessed what modern feminists whine about, they'd probably have the same reaction as you about MRAs (vids related, 2 old school feminist, telling it like it is:. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I6aYl4XDpA&list=FLBbMsIbGmMcKH5xo3ZVGpkw&index=1, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgpbDpXrEr4&list=FLBbMsIbGmMcKH5xo3ZVGpkw&index=2)
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fightingfan
^ That's probably why men are more likely to rape/murder. Holding emotions sounds crazy.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Yes.  Speaking as a man I can safely say we don't need a rights movement.  We may need to play a bigger role in the feminist conversation, but in my experience whenever there's a legitimate problem with the feminist movement it always gets caught up in misogynist rhetoric.  The best way to improve feminism is to become a part of it.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fightingfan
So how are women repressed in a modern nation?
premeketsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 premeketsi

Yes.  Speaking as a man I can safely say we don't need a rights movement.  We may need to play a bigger role in the feminist conversation, but in my experience whenever there's a legitimate problem with the feminist movement it always gets caught up in misogynist rhetoric.  The best way to improve feminism is to become a part of it.

theone86

But you don't get to decide another person's need. That's good old fascism. Also, from my experience, it's impossible to have a cold, hard argument with a 3rd wave feminist without being accused of being a misogynist.

It all usually comes down to ad hominem.

Just try to persuade them that the wage gap is a myth.

If you hurt their acquired victimhood complex, it's over with the conversation.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 theone86

[QUOTE="rocinante_"]

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]So is this an actual movement or is it just a bunch of guys saying fvck you to feminists?premeketsi

Men live less, work at jobs with higher risks, suicide more, almost exclusively die as soldiers, are expected to not express any emotion while at the same get shat on from feminists for being "too masculine". I doubt any movement is going to change this but if feminists are allowed to whine about anything, so should MRAs. Every person has their own problems. If an old school feminist witnessed what modern feminists whine about, they'd probably have the same reaction as you about MRAs (vids related, 2 old school feminist, telling it like it is:. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I6aYl4XDpA&list=FLBbMsIbGmMcKH5xo3ZVGpkw&index=1, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgpbDpXrEr4&list=FLBbMsIbGmMcKH5xo3ZVGpkw&index=2)

Most of those problems arise because men are expected to adhere to this ridiculous idea of a "real" man.  That idea is spread more by men than it is by women, and in fact a lot of feminists try to fight against outdated ideas of what a "real" man is.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

premeketsi

But you don't get to decide another person's need. That's good old fascism.

Dude, we run society.  If we were lacking rights we'd give ourselves those rights.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

I take MRA's about as seriously as Christians who think they're persecuted in the US.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
So is this an actual movement or is it just a bunch of guys saying fvck you to feminists?chessmaster1989
It's a counter-movement to the extremist feminists.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fightingfan
So how can women want equality but want chivalry after watching that hippie lady on youtube.
premeketsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 premeketsi

[QUOTE="premeketsi"][QUOTE="rocinante_"]

theone86

Most of those problems arise because men are expected to adhere to this ridiculous idea of a "real" man.  That idea is spread more by men than it is by women, and in fact a lot of feminists try to fight against outdated ideas of what a "real" man is.

How about we let every individual male decide what they think a real man is and let feminism worry about female issues. The only "male issue" feminism is worried about is what a "real man" is. I wonder why. You'll have to show me a study on your claim that that idea is spread more by men.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Yes, it's completely silly.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nibroc420

I take MRA's about as seriously as Christians who think they're persecuted in the US.

metroidfood
You're funny.
dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

Only if their sole purpose is to counter b*tches like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjImnqH_KwM

premeketsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 premeketsi

jimkabrhel
How is it completely silly?
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="premeketsi"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]No.

Aljosa23

Women get special treatment regarding custody of children, child support, and alimony. Men are expected to "Man up". There are feminist groups who's aim is a switch of the classic 1950's gender roles. They want Women to make more, to have more rights, to be treated better than men. I simply see the MRA as a group of men who're much like the more relaxed feminists, who dont rally for special treatment, but simply for equality.
premeketsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 premeketsi

dominer
How about bitches like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYyGTmcP80 "FEMINISM IS LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR PROBLEMS, SO SHUT UP"
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nibroc420

dominer
Agreed. that b**ch needs to chill out.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 theone86

dominer

Yup, calling her a b*tch totally isn't proving feminism's point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

premeketsi

Because most of it is whining and self-victimization. It's a refusal to recognize that women have been marginalized for much of the history of this country, and are only now become equal in important respects, in terms of rights, in terms of pay, in terms of job opprtunites, in terms of education. 

You only need look at legislation against women's right to show that men are still trying to control women, in the "keep them barefoot, pregnant and at home" vein.

The articles that's I've seen that represent many of the MRM views are misogynist, plain and simple.

premeketsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 premeketsi

[QUOTE="dominer"]

theone86

That women are weak and can't protect themselves from someone calling them names on the internet, thus they need a movement off upper class, privileged women to save them?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Well, I think if there intent is to raise awarness for single fathers with kids who need financial support, then I'm ok with that.  There's some awful stigmata that a man cant receive support following a divorce.  There are some fathers, just like mothers, who sacrifice their careers.  If their intent is to just get men off the hook for alimony, then I dont support that as much.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="premeketsi"] Men live less, work at jobs with higher risks, suicide more, almost exclusively die as soldiers, are expected to not express any emotion while at the same get shat on from feminists for being "too masculine". I doubt any movement is going to change this but if feminists are allowed to whine about anything, so should MRAs. Every person has their own problems. If an old school feminist witnessed what modern feminists whine about, they'd probably have the same reaction as you about MRAs (vids related, 2 old school feminist, telling it like it is:. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I6aYl4XDpA&list=FLBbMsIbGmMcKH5xo3ZVGpkw&index=1, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgpbDpXrEr4&list=FLBbMsIbGmMcKH5xo3ZVGpkw&index=2)premeketsi

How about we let every individual male decide what they think a real man is and let feminism worry about female issues. The only "male issue" feminism is worried about is what a "real man" is. I wonder why. You'll have to show me a study on your claim that that idea is spread more by men.

Because we're living in a society and these issues of what a man is and how it affects other people don't exist in a vacuum.  It's not like men come up with an idea of what a real man is on their own, it's spread by the media and other men.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 theone86

Well, I think if there intent is to raise awarness for single fathers with kids who need financial support, then I'm ok with that.  There's some awful stigmata that a man cant receive support following a divorce.  There are some fathers, just like mothers, who sacrifice their careers.  If their intent is to just get men off the hook for alimony, then I dont support that as much.

sonicare

I thought all stigmata was awful, but hye, maybe some people are into that sort of thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

theone86

I thought all stigmata was awful, but hye, maybe some people are into that sort of thing.

ooops. stigma.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="dominer"]

premeketsi

That women are weak and can't protect themselves from someone calling them names on the internet, thus they need a movement off upper class, privileged women to save them?

I think I have all I need here, I rest my case.

premeketsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 premeketsi

[QUOTE="premeketsi"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

jimkabrhel

Because most of it is whining and self-victimization. It's a refusal to recognize that women have been marginalized for much of the history of this country, and are only now become equal in important respects, in terms of rights, in terms of pay, in terms of job opprtunites, in terms of education. 

You only need look at legislation against women's right to show that men are still trying to control women, in the "keep them barefoot, pregnant and at home" vein.

The articles that's I've seen that represent many of the MRM views are misogynist, plain and simple.

MRAs aren't claiming women do not have problems or aren't discriminated. That's what feminist does with males. "most of it is whining and self victimization" So is 3rd wave feminism, but I don't see you worrying about it. Recognizing that men have problems isn't a refusal to recognize women have problems. This is a convenient agenda to further divide the population, wherever it's coming from.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="premeketsi"][QUOTE="theone86"]

theone86

Because we're living in a society and these issues of what a man is and how it affects other people don't exist in a vacuum.  It's not like men come up with an idea of what a real man is on their own, it's spread by the media and other men.

And by women. Many women in today's society expect men to make more than them, they expect the men to go to work, and bring home the bread and milk at the end of the day.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

sonicare

ooops. stigma.

If you're going to make a typo at least you made it interesting.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="dominer"]

premeketsi

How about bitches like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYyGTmcP80 "FEMINISM IS LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR PROBLEMS, SO SHUT UP"

would it be possible for that red head to talk over and around the guys in front of her to any larger degree?

readhead? really? get it together number 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="theone86"]

theone86

ooops. stigma.

If you're going to make a typo at least you made it interesting.

I figured I throw a vague religous reference in this secular topic.
premeketsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 premeketsi

[QUOTE="premeketsi"][QUOTE="theone86"]

theone86

Women surely play no role in this, despite being 51% of population. This damn patriarchy backfiring all the time.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nibroc420
[QUOTE="premeketsi"][QUOTE="dominer"]

surrealnumber5

would it be possible for that read head to talk over and around the guys in front of her to any larger degree?

She feels her movement is more important than the mens. Women's rights are more important than Men's rights.
Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

Yes and no. There are legitimate concerns that men should be concerned about. Men have a much harder time getting a job that requires working with children, for example. And once they do get it, they are watched far more closely than a woman. As a pre-service teacher, this is a concern to me. Parents often prefer that their child's teacher be a female than a male. It's true that a male is statistically more likely to sexually abuse someone than a female, but prejudice behaviour such as this is not justified. Blacks are also statistically more likely to commit a crime, but they should not be denied jobs or treated like a criminal once they get in. And neither should a man simply because he is a man. 

That being said, I don't agree with the Men's Rights Movement. I also don't agree with a Women's Rights Movement. I've been saying for years that men and women need to work together to resolve this. We should create a Gender Equality Movement composed of both men and women. All issues based on sex or gender will be addressed. It's the only way things will be taken seriously. 

premeketsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 premeketsi
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="premeketsi"] How about bitches like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYyGTmcP80 "FEMINISM IS LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR PROBLEMS, SO SHUT UP"

would it be possible for that read head to talk over and around the guys in front of her to any larger degree?

She feels her movement is more important than the mens. Women's rights are more important than Men's rights.

Your last period is why feminism is far from equality. I'm not saying it's bad to have a movement only focused on women's issues but at least admit it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5b78379493e12

That being said, I don't agree with the Men's Rights Movement. I also don't agree with a Women's Rights Movement. I've been saying for years that men and women need to work together to resolve this. We should create a Gender Equality Movement composed of both men and women. All issues based on sex or gender will be addressed. It's the only way things will be taken seriously. 

Tropictrain

This.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

[QUOTE="Tropictrain"]

jimkabrhel

This.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Nibroc420

Yes and no. There are legitimate concerns that men should be concerned about. Men have a much harder time getting a job that requires working with children, for example. And once they do get it, they are watched far more closely than a woman. As a pre-service teacher, this is a concern to me. Parents often prefer that their child's teacher be a female than a male. It's true that a male is statistically more likely to sexually abuse someone than a female, but prejudice behaviour such as this is not justified. Blacks are also statistically more likely to commit a crime, but they should not be denied jobs or treated like a criminal once they get in. And neither should a man simply because he is a man. 

Tropictrain
Well it used to be accepted that women had less rights than men (voting, lower wages etc). But now that the wage gap has disappeared, and has even reversed in women's favor, I'm curious what exactly they're fighting for. Men used to support the women's rights movements, because they accepted that men made more etc, and felt it was unfair. Now feminists are fighting to make more than men, and for rights men dont even have. Which is why the MRA is needed, to produce counter-arguements to the extremest women who twist facts to make it seem they're discriminated against. Not all feminists are bad, just the one's with victim complexes.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 theone86

Tropictrain

Isn't that just a semantic difference?  I don't even think most women's right acitivists identify with a women's rights movement all that much anymore, they identify as feminists.  And really, most of the time when I see men rallying against feminism they're either nitpicking one issue to make the entire movement look bad or they're trying to dismiss feminist issues as "whining."  I think that if more men really bought into feminism there might be a more constructive dialogue.

rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Tropictrain"]

deeliman

This.

feminism, at its root, does address issues for both genders--social theory 101

nowadays, the core of feminism has been tainted with extremist views that propagate the misconception that the movement is solely anti-men and pro-women. it's not that simple