Yobo/retrobit/tomee/classic controller by ttx/circa/ third party N64 controllers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thecrypticodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 thecrypticodor
Member since 2012 • 240 Posts

I'm currently looking around and eyeballing these third party controllers in an attempt to find halfway decent replacements for my jacked up N64 controllers. I'm not interested in rebuying any first party N64 controllers because their sticks will just eventually wear down. It's just a matter of time and use and I haven't found a replacement stick that's suitable for all games that I had tried with them.

So I thought I'd check and see if any of you have tried any of these third party controllers and if you have what you think of them? Feel free to recommend any that I missed.

NOTE I don't want to hear anything about the Hori pads. I'm not about to spend $80 on a decade old used controller so that's off the table.

The contenders

102265877-260x260-0-0_YOBO+N64+Ice+Contr41qCkBjKf2L.jpg

These two look like they might be the same thing like Retrobit contracted Yobo to make theese things. Either that or they're copying the hell out of each other.

41%2BtQhAnF6L._SY300_.jpg812820046928.jpg

I believe Tomee is the same company as Hyperkin.

n64-tomee-controller-grau.jpg

Platform_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Platform_King
Member since 2013 • 128 Posts

I'm currently looking around and eyeballing these third party controllers in an attempt to find halfway decent replacements for my jacked up N64 controllers. I'm not interested in rebuying any first party N64 controllers because their sticks will just eventually wear down. It's just a matter of time and use and I haven't found a replacement stick that's suitable for all games that I had tried with them.

So I thought I'd check and see if any of you have tried any of these third party controllers and if you have what you think of them? Feel free to recommend any that I missed.

NOTE I don't want to hear anything about the Hori pads. I'm not about to spend $80 on a decade old used controller so that's off the table.

The contenders

These two look like they might be the same thing like Retrobit contracted Yobo to make theese things. Either that or they're copying the hell out of each other.

I believe Tomee is the same company as Hyperkin.

thecrypticodor
wish i could help. never bought a third party though except madcatz and it was a poor controller.
thecrypticodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 thecrypticodor
Member since 2012 • 240 Posts

There you go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Thumbstick-Joystick-Repair-for-NINTENDO-64-N64-Controller-Replacement-Stick-/160655759083

AMGMercedes

I've experimented with those replacement sticks out there both the Gamecube style and the more original style reproduction ones. The reproduction one or at least the one I got started to loosen over time and has met the same fate as it's predecessor.

The Gamecube style one although incredible for platformers sucks for certain types of games. It's way too sensitive it range of motion is really small your fully maxed out when pushing the stick only to 1/3 of it's maximum. Also In Zelda OOT Link would keep turning and facing to the right when I wasn't even touching the stick. Too bad because I love the ideal I just wish they'd fix the sensitivity and it's dead zone and It'd be perfect.

Â