New PC-Game Coming: The Raven

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NordicGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NordicGames
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Hello community! My name is Markus and i am writing in the name of our company Nordic Games, located in Vienna, Austria. We would like to present you our newest game: The Raven - Legacy of a master thief. In case of The Raven, we put a lot of emphasis on touching base directly with different communities, as Adventure games per se don't get that much media attention nowadays, although numerous Kickstarter campaigns clearly show, that there still are Adventure fans out there. So we thought "Maybe we can grab them directly in forums" instead. Anyway... Some information on our soon to be released project can be found below. Basic information on The Raven · Platforms: PC/MAC/Linux (XBLA and PSN later on) · The game will be released in 3 chapters (we only have a season pass option) o Chapter I: The Eye of the Sphinx (Launch July 23, 2013) o Chapter II: Ancestry of Lies (Launch August 27, 2013) o Chapter III: A Murder of Ravens (Launch September 24, 2013) Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjjaxG2fsCY Gameplay- Trailer with English commentary from the developers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6khdBIqDPI Homepage: http://raven-game.com/en/home/ Graphic Novel (Play for free, it is a promotional tool on our end): http://raven-game.com/ign-en/ Download Link for Assets (Screenshots): www.nordicgames.at/files/TEMP/20130709-The_Raven-Assets.zip Story overview of The Raven The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief is a thrilling crime adventure in three chapters from the creators of 'The Book of Unwritten Tales', KING Art. Full of twists and turns, it immerses you in both sides of the story, combining thrill-of-the-chase whodunit with the risk and reward of a heist story. Paris, 1960. Europe is in the grip of the gentleman master thief The Raven. His burglaries are spectacular and he always emerges unscathed. Young hotshot investigator Nicolas Legrand stuns the public when he confronts the master thief and fatally wounds him. London, 1964. An ancient ruby one of the legendary 'Eyes of the Sphinx' is stolen from the British Museum. The only clue at the crime scene: a raven feather. Is somebody trying to follow in the Raven's footsteps? Legrand is back on the case. At the same time in Zurich a phone rings. Constable Anton Jakob Zellner looks up from behind a mountain of files. He has no idea what lies hidden in a bank vault, just a few hundred meters away from him. As he reaches for the receiver his life takes a crucial turn King Art's thrilling crime adventure full of twists and turns immerses you in both sides of the story, combining elements of classic whodunit and heist stories Cinematic presentation with hundreds of camera angles and dozens of cutscenes Optional puzzles and scoring system for adventure game veterans Notebook and help function for adventure game newcomers Breathtaking real-time 3D graphics in full HD Pre-order offer: Get a 20% discount and upgrade to the Deluxe Edition for free. Deluxe Edition includes Digital Extras: Soundtrack Story book (plenty of background info and artworks) Making of booklet Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable) Digital poster (printable)
G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 G-Lord
Member since 2004 • 2141 Posts

I'm pretty sure that straight out advertisement is frowned upon around here.

That being said I am really looking forward to this game. The Book of Unwritten Tales is one of the best adventures from the last few years imo.

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts
I saw this game on greenmangaming.com and I'm looking forward to see how this game is like!
G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 G-Lord

@NordicGames: I decided to buy the game, the only question that remains is where. Do you know if the GamersGate version includes the German audio files?

Edit: Any chance of a GoG release? The Book of Unwritten Tales was released there after all.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

I will certainly buy it. :D

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
Looks cool, Love the trailer. Btw, a murder is a group of crows, not ravens. Or is that title intentional? :P
NordicGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NordicGames
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@NordicGames: I decided to buy the game, the only question that remains is where. Do you know if the GamersGate version includes the German audio files?

Edit: Any chance of a GoG release? The Book of Unwritten Tales was released there after all.

G-Lord
Thanks for your interest, G-Lord! GamersGate will sell DRM-free versions (hybrid for PC/MAC/Linux and in English and German). GoG will be released at a later stage, when all 3 chapters have been launched. Hope this helps! Regards, Markus
G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 G-Lord

[QUOTE="G-Lord"]

NordicGames

Thanks for your interest, G-Lord! GamersGate will sell DRM-free versions (hybrid for PC/MAC/Linux and in English and German). GoG will be released at a later stage, when all 3 chapters have been launched. Hope this helps! Regards, Markus

Thank you very much for your reply. I will get the GamersGate version then (and probably the GoG too later on). I'm really looking forward to play this game!

It was also great to see that John Walker from RPS liked the first chapter:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/07/19/wot-i-think-the-raven-legacy-of-a-master-thief-embargoed-dont-post/

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#9 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

Come on Nordic Games, you should be better than this. Advertising like this isn't allowed on GameSpot. If you want to setup a proper Game Rep account, please go through the proper channels.

Locking.