The Free Stand-Alone EA approved Command & Conquer Reborn is released today!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thingta42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 0

#1 thingta42
Member since 2005 • 6120 Posts

I thought i'd spread the word, for those who are interested in a Team based online shooter, with vehicles and character classes (Think battlefield series). Ever since 2003 the mod for renegade got EA aproved to be a full free stand-alone game based on the Westwood Tiberium universe. So keep you eyes out for the release today.

Welcome back commander.

http://www.moddb.com/games/ts-reborn

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
EA can go to Hell. They need to invent a Pay-Me-To-Play game if they want me to be interested.
thingta42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thingta42

EA can go to Hell. They need to invent a Pay-Me-To-Play game if they want me to be interested.SKaREO

EA has nothing to do with the games development. EA aproved it to be stand-alone, meaning you don't need the original Command & Conquer Renegade to play it. The game has been in production since 2003 by alot of talented C&C Renegade modders. They've extensivly rebuilt the engine and added alot of new code for alot of the Tiberian sun stuff to work, such as underground APCs, and Walkers.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SKaREO
I realize how games are produced. I'm just not interested in lining the pockets of EA executives while they shit on the video gaming culture I grew up with. I would recommend anyone currently developing games under the EA umbrella should get out immediately and start up an indie studio. Steam Greenlight would approve this game instantly, but they gotta get rid of the ties to EA first.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

sweet, I loved Renegade.  Multiplayer died way too quickly.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
cool, will try once it's released
Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

Nice, will definitely try this out!

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#8 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
EA ruined C&C.
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

I realize how games are produced. I'm just not interested in lining the pockets of EA executivesSKaREO

It's free, and it's built by modders. How is this, in any way, going to make money for EA? Stop ranting and start thinking before you post.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

EA ruined C&C.Rattlesnake_8

Renegade (the game this is based off of) was one of the last Westwood projects iirc, before the old staff left.

Not to mention this has nothing to do with EA, outside of them owning the IP

thingta42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thingta42

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]I realize how games are produced. I'm just not interested in lining the pockets of EA executivesFalconoffury

It's free, and it's built by modders. How is this, in any way, going to make money for EA? Stop ranting and start thinking before you post.

Just ignore him at this point. I think he fails to understand that it's built by modders for free.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
I realize how games are produced. I'm just not interested in lining the pockets of EA executives while they shit on the video gaming culture I grew up with. I would recommend anyone currently developing games under the EA umbrella should get out immediately and start up an indie studio. Steam Greenlight would approve this game instantly, but they gotta get rid of the ties to EA first.SKaREO
Gosh, you need to get off that high horse. It's a ****ing stand alone game made by a bunch of people interested in C&C using the IP. By your horrible logic entire modding communities working on existing games published or developed by EA are doing wrong. You must've got up on the wrong side of the bed or something today man, chill.
thingta42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thingta42

If anyone has friends who play battlefield series or any other team based games. Then please let them know about this mod :)

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SKaREO
Nothing is free, they obviously want you to run Origin on your machine while you play it. All games are made by modders, this game is not special. And EA has a history of shitting the bed. Not much more needs to be said.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11782 Posts

This is the beta correct?

I love C&C. 

So definitely let me know when this thing gets officially released.

I would love to give it a go.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Nothing is free, they obviously want you to run Origin on your machine while you play it. All games are made by modders, this game is not special. And EA has a history of shitting the bed. Not much more needs to be said.SKaREO

Please feel free to not comment any further in this thread then. :)

OT: Looks interesting. I'll have to try this out.

Gork712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gork712
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Nothing is free, they obviously want you to run Origin on your machine while you play it. All games are made by modders, this game is not special. And EA has a history of shitting the bed. Not much more needs to be said.SKaREO
You are a moron, exactly what part of EA is not making this or in any way involved beyond giving permission for standalone are you too stupid to understand? Of course you dont need origin its a **** free game. ._.
DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#18 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts
[QUOTE="SKaREO"]Nothing is free, they obviously want you to run Origin on your machine while you play it. All games are made by modders, this game is not special. And EA has a history of shitting the bed. Not much more needs to be said.Gork712
You are a moron, exactly what part of EA is not making this or in any way involved beyond giving permission for standalone are you too stupid to understand? Of course you dont need origin its a **** free game. ._.

Don't waste time on him, he's one of the biggest trolls on the pc forum.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Really ****ing sweet. I'm excited to try this out, I loved Renegade.
RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

Interesting. I've wanted to replay the Renegade multiplayer badly, might give this one a try. Always loved Tiberian Sun :P

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SKaREO
Enjoy that abortion of a game made by "America's Worst Company Two Years Running"
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Enjoy that abortion of a game made by "America's Worst Company Two Years Running"SKaREO

"Nothing much more to be said"

Yet here you are...

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lach0121

I am getting an error during installation of either the RA game, or the TS game.

I am also getting a login failure with the BHP launcher. (which I assume would be the same login as ModDb?!?)

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#26 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

I knew that this thread would be invaded by people on the EA-hating bandwagon, such as SKaREO and Rattlesnake_8.

Just goes to show how impulsive some people can be when on the Internet.

That said, that Electronic Arts let this go ahead - and for seemingly f*cking free, astonishingly enough - strongly suggest that Electronic Arts just doesn't give half an ass for the Command & Conquer franchise anymore - otherwise Bluehell Productions would have been hit by a cease-&-desist.

thingta42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thingta42

Bumping the topic so more people get a ear of this game

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#28 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

Bumping the topic so more people get a ear of this game

thingta42

Don't expect them to play it though. ;)

I, for one, may be aware that this is a fan-made game - but I am not going to touch another Command & Conquer title if I can help it.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KHAndAnime
Anyone play this yet? Or am I going to have to be the one to dive in?
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lach0121

Anyone play this yet? Or am I going to have to be the one to dive in?KHAndAnime

Tried, but I can't get it to install, gives me an error everytime on both the RA game, and the TS game.

Won't even login to the launcher using the same login to get into the ModDb website.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Anyone play this yet? Or am I going to have to be the one to dive in?Lach0121

Tried, but I can't get it to install, gives me an error everytime on both the RA game, and the TS game.

Won't even login to the launcher using the same login to get into the ModDb website.

Interesting. I gave it a shot last night and I had no problems for me. I simply clicked the TS game, it downloaded the files, and then launched for me (no logins required). And the game is pretty damn fun. It's not nearly as complete as Renegade at the moment, but the groundwork for the game is there. Each class is pretty barebones with their weapons and skills, the vehicles are a little wonky, and there are major balancing issues. But like I said, it's still pretty fun.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Anyone play this yet? Or am I going to have to be the one to dive in?KHAndAnime

Interesting. I gave it a shot last night and I had no problems for me. I simply clicked the TS game, it downloaded the files, and then launched for me (no logins required). And the game is pretty damn fun. It's not nearly as complete as Renegade at the moment, but the groundwork for the game is there. Each class is pretty barebones with their weapons and skills, the vehicles are a little wonky, and there are major balancing issues. But like I said, it's still pretty fun.

Hmm.. On that note...

I might completely delete all I have of it, and do another fresh download of the launcher, and install that way. 

Thx for the reply.