Galaxy S4 Wifi problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Whiteknight19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Whiteknight19
Member since 2003 • 1303 Posts

ive just recently got a Galaxy S4 and was wondering if anyone having any problems with Wifi lately i do have a D-Link Router 655 and i heard that the phones have problems with them routers. Does anyone else have any problems? any tips or any news on updates? btw im from UK

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts
Hmmm reminds my of my htc one xl... -_- i wonder if its a prevalent issue with the s4. The htc one, i have had no run ins with yet in regards to wifi issue but i have no used that router.
redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

ive just recently got a Galaxy S4 and was wondering if anyone having any problems with Wifi lately i do have a D-Link Router 655 and i heard that the phones have problems with them routers. Does anyone else have any problems? any tips or any news on updates? btw im from UK

Whiteknight19
Has your router had any issues with any other devices and what exactly is the problem you are having?
Whiteknight19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Whiteknight19

[QUOTE="Whiteknight19"]

redskins26rocs

Has your router had any issues with any other devices and what exactly is the problem you are having?

all my other devices are incredibly fine with the s4 it connects and within a min its like it stop communicating even the it shows a full bar connection on the Wifi ive searched around and it seems alot of people are having the same problem with D-link Routers but with no tips or nothing

ZombieKen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZombieKen
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I have a DIR-825 and I too had this exact same issue. I was able to resolve it by setting the security to only TKIP instead of "AES and TKIP". Edit: Updating to the latest firmware didn't work. It updated just fine but the problem still existed until I modified the settings to those ^
Whiteknight19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Whiteknight19

I have a DIR-825 and I too had this exact same issue. I was able to resolve it by setting the security to only TKIP instead of "AES and TKIP". Edit: Updating to the latest firmware didn't work. It updated just fine but the problem still existed until I modified the settings to those ^ZombieKen
i give that ago i suppose lol

Whiteknight19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Whiteknight19

its working now Zombie :-D thankyou soo much!! must be the software issue

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

its working now Zombie :-D thankyou soo much!! must be the software issue

Whiteknight19
not really software issues. Alot of phones dont work with certain security settings from routers ( especially if you combine more than 1 security method in your case TKIP and AES)
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#11 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
I had this issue with the S3 last year but no problems with the S4 now.
Mentholum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mentholum
Member since 2013 • 47 Posts
I had the same issue with my old galaxy Y lol. It turned out to be a software issue for me. But my new S3 is doing fine anyway.