I can not wait until GDC 2013 (Nintendo Direct 2-14-13 Related)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Because this recent Nintendo Direct was a bust.

I'm anticipating GDC to see what Nintendo is planning to do now to get Dev Support back.

New Zelda Community.... what about the rest of the Nintendo fanbase that want to talk about games like Star Fox, Metroid, FZero, Donkey Kong, etc?  Where's their communities?  Oh right, they don't matter... whoop tee freaking doo... :?

Remake of DKCR..... Really? So we're focusing on Remakes now?  Forget about using those same resources to bring forth new games and sequels to other forgotten franchises.  Nah, we'd much rather use these resources on a remake on a game that wasn't good enough to have remake on.

Ooh lookey lookey, a new better deluxe version of the WiiU for $30 more than the original Deluxe which includes Nintendoland free...  THIS VERSION SHOULD'VE BEEN RELEASED ORIGINALLY TO BEGIN WITH) and it Includes a Pro controller AND ZombiU instead of a useless stand for the Pad.

"Let's see what our partners are working on" - *Numbnut comes on screen reading a Zelda history book.....* :x

Outside of Fire Emblem content (featuring the Silver Haired Maiden), Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Animal Crossing: New Leaf (which honestly I don't really care much about atm but I hear it's a good franchise so I'm a little bit interested in it), there really wasn't much of interest in my opinion.

I absolutely can not wait til GDC 2013 to see what Nintendo are planning to do to get Developers back on their console.

Nintendo needs to get some fire blazing under their breeches and start cranking out other games and not start this remake trend.

This is why I loved the Nintendo vs Sega era.  Sega brought that fire dragon and put Nintendo in the oven until they were forced to make some awesome games.

elenadrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 elenadrake
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts
i agree. nintendo needs some serious wii u games. they need to stop focusing on making 30 mario games a year. thats their problem they only seem to care about their own existing franchises
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nini200
i agree. nintendo needs some serious wii u games. they need to stop focusing on making 30 mario games a year. thats their problem they only seem to care about their own existing franchiseselenadrake
They don't even seem to care about most of their own franchises. All they care about is Mario and Zelda it seems. Metroid, Star Fox, Fzero, Stunt Race, Wave Race, Uniracers, Eternal Darkness, etc are just left in the cold, only to be brought out to defrost once every 10 years.

Nintendo needs to get their act together and pronto.

GDC and E3 needs some massive announcements from Nintendo.

Shigeru Miyamoto ought to be ashamed that the first Nintendo Direct he was in, was a fail.
deomag4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deomag4
Member since 2013 • 86 Posts

they also need to add some more titles to complement the ones they have. I love mario, zelda and metroid but i think they could be well served buying 2 or 3 western studios and having them bring out games to complement the IPs they are bringing to the console. They want a console that appeals to everyone right?? well time to have a library that reflects that. 

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nini200

they also need to add some more titles to complement the ones they have. I love mario, zelda and metroid but i think they could be well served buying 2 or 3 western studios and having them bring out games to complement the IPs they are bringing to the console. They want a console that appeals to everyone right?? well time to have a library that reflects that. 

deomag4
Agreed. Thing is, they have alot of the genre's already covered, they just refuse to make new games for them. So if they won't, at least hire a dev team that will.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

yea...

the only thing that interested me was the new super luigi U DLC...

the luigi dream rpg looks pretty good...

they need to stop hyping luigis mansion 2 

DK country returns on 3ds?  what for? :P...i hope it has lots of new content or something.

i messed around with wiiU street or like 30min..

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#7 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
[QUOTE="elenadrake"]i agree. nintendo needs some serious wii u games. they need to stop focusing on making 30 mario games a year. thats their problem they only seem to care about their own existing franchisesnini200
They don't even seem to care about most of their own franchises. All they care about is Mario and Zelda it seems. Metroid, Star Fox, Fzero, Stunt Race, Wave Race, Uniracers, Eternal Darkness, etc are just left in the cold, only to be brought out to defrost once every 10 years.

Nintendo needs to get their act together and pronto.

GDC and E3 needs some massive announcements from Nintendo.

Shigeru Miyamoto ought to be ashamed that the first Nintendo Direct he was in, was a fail.

I would literally kill someone to have a new WaveRace!!!!
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
Wow you're only now getting the Zombi U bundle? Us in Europe had it at Wii U launch. We're also getting Monster Hunter bundles for both Wii U and 3DS XL(with the first black 3DS XL for Europe), and a Fire Emblem 3DS XL bundle (which is blue, with dragons on it). It's surprising, but with the exception of a few release dates, Nintendo seems to actually be supporting Europe now more than America.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I feared that because of their last 2 Nintendo Direct's people would start to get the wrong expection from furture Nintendo Directs. Every Nintendo Direct in the past has always been of this quality. You shouldn't expect so much from, especially on the back of an epic Nintendo Direct that was the previous one.

Wait for GDC for third party stuff, and wait for E3 for the first party stuff.

Also, user made communities will be coming in the future, as Nintendo had announced in the previous Nintendo Direct. 

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

All the Mario and Luigi titiles announced were fine. Mario & Luigi series has a good track record and I haven't enjoyed a new Mario Golf since Toadstool Tour. And the Luigi U DLC sounds interesting, but I'll need to know the price of it before I make a final call. If it's under $20, fantastic. DKC:R on 3DS? Why? Everything else I already knew about.

What I wanted to hear was the release date of the 3DS/SmartPhone Miiverse and maybe some hint of what Retro is working on. More third-party announcements would've been nice too. Oh well. I couldn't expect them to have 2 amazing conferences in a row.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Seems to me to like they're trying to do too many things at once with no priority...imo, lay off 3DS for a while, 3rd parties can pick up slack on it & focus on WiiU games (not apps) which have little/no 3rd parties support. 

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

Being consistently disappointed makes you excited for future events...?

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#13 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

excuse me what LOl its the developers decision to develope for a platform  , 

cant blame nintendo for  many of these Lazy developers who have the money they just rush their ports then expect everyone to go out and buy them ,  

2ndly nintendo has basically released nearly all their main franchises accrosss the 3 platforms 

wii

punchout

ssbb

zelda x2 

super paper mario

mariokart wii

super mario galaxy 1/2

nsmbu

kirby epic yarn/kirby return to dreamland

sin and punishment 2

dkc 4

wii line

mario sports titles-various

marioparty

metroid in both 2d and 3d forms

dr mario via wii ware

excite series 

3ds

kid icaris

starfox 64 3d

nintendogs 2

pilot winfs resort

i believe the only franchise nintendo did skip this gen besides stunt race-that was out of the question since n64 it never saw a 2nd title 

is 

wave race

fzero   

thats it ,    

nintendo has done a great job on getting their first party titles 

and on wiiu they already have 

sing party

nsmbu 

nintendo land 

coming

pikmin

wii parrty u

zelda windwaker hd and new zelda

super mario 3d

yoshiland

xenoblade 2

project 101

game n wario

nsmb u dlc containing luigi spacific levels all new

and we are only getting started so give it time

as for third parties support- there is a heavy launch line up of 3rd party games plus

nfs mw 

resident evil revelations

aliens

disney new game

bayonetta-nintendo funded so count that as exclusive

watch dogs-rumored at the moment

rayman legends

zen pinball 2

bit trip 2-nintendo

we are only 3 months in people,  give it time damn 

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#14 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Well, it is not like they can go all out in every single new Nintendo Direct, that would leave them without nothing to show on E3, for example.

I would say it was a pretty decent one.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

Because this recent Nintendo Direct was a bust.

I'm anticipating GDC to see what Nintendo is planning to do now to get Dev Support back.

New Zelda Community.... what about the rest of the Nintendo fanbase that want to talk about games like Star Fox, Metroid, FZero, Donkey Kong, etc?  Where's their communities?  Oh right, they don't matter... whoop tee freaking doo... :?

Remake of DKCR..... Really? So we're focusing on Remakes now?  Forget about using those same resources to bring forth new games and sequels to other forgotten franchises.  Nah, we'd much rather use these resources on a remake on a game that wasn't good enough to have remake on.

Ooh lookey lookey, a new better deluxe version of the WiiU for $30 more than the original Deluxe which includes Nintendoland free...  THIS VERSION SHOULD'VE BEEN RELEASED ORIGINALLY TO BEGIN WITH) and it Includes a Pro controller AND ZombiU instead of a useless stand for the Pad.

"Let's see what our partners are working on" - *Numbnut comes on screen reading a Zelda history book.....* :x

Outside of Fire Emblem content (featuring the Silver Haired Maiden), Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Animal Crossing: New Leaf (which honestly I don't really care much about atm but I hear it's a good franchise so I'm a little bit interested in it), there really wasn't much of interest in my opinion.

I absolutely can not wait til GDC 2013 to see what Nintendo are planning to do to get Developers back on their console.

Nintendo needs to get some fire blazing under their breeches and start cranking out other games and not start this remake trend.

This is why I loved the Nintendo vs Sega era.  Sega brought that fire dragon and put Nintendo in the oven until they were forced to make some awesome games.

nini200
I'm actually happy that Nintendoland wasn't originally "pre-installed" as, being a collector, I always prefer to own a game physically.

I feared that because of their last 2 Nintendo Direct's people would start to get the wrong expection from furture Nintendo Directs. Every Nintendo Direct in the past has always been of this quality. You shouldn't expect so much from, especially on the back of an epic Nintendo Direct that was the previous one.

Wait for GDC for third party stuff, and wait for E3 for the first party stuff.

Also, user made communities will be coming in the future, as Nintendo had announced in the previous Nintendo Direct. 

trugs26
this ^ you can't expect every Nintendo Direct to be mind-blowing...