First 2 PSASBR DLC Characters Announced! Free for a limited time!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Kat from Gravity Rush, and Emmett from Starhawk will be the first 2 DLC characters released for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, early next year.

And, if you download their DLC packs within the first 2 weeks of their release, both characters will be yours for free. After that, they will cost money to purchase.

Source.

"Were very happy to announce these first two DLC characters will be free to everyone for the first two weeks once they are available for download early next year.

That may sound a little tricky, so let me be clear: once Kat and Emmett are finished, well put them up for download. Theyll be totally free for two weeks. The only limit is that you have a two-week window to claim the characters. Once you have Kat and Emmett, they are yours forever. That may sound like a lot to remember, so dont worry, well be back closer to their release to remind you of all these details."

I'm really happy about this, since I think Kat makes a great heroine and would be a pretty original addition to the roster. I'm not familiar with Starhawk, but it sounds like Emmett will be pretty unique as well, utilizing the 'build & battle' system from that game series. So that's two interesting last-minute additions to PSASBR, I think we all can agree that this is good news.

Thoughts?

~ Ovirew

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Hope they can jazz Kat up. The actual combat in gravity rush was fairly lame.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Emmett was a terrible character with zero depth. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loveD Starhawk's multiplayer... but that single player was unneeded nonsense.
crazypal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 crazypal
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts

is Crash Bandicoot in the game? if not I think its stupid. I mean c'mon the guy was practically a mascot for sony and now they forgot him and put characters that we have never played with ever like the cat from tearaway.

A7xhto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 A7xhto
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts

is Crash Bandicoot in the game? if not I think its stupid. I mean c'mon the guy was practically a mascot for sony and now they forgot him and put characters that we have never played with ever like the cat from tearaway.

crazypal
you know for sure he will be a DLC character, it's just a matter of time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

[QUOTE="crazypal"]

A7xhto

I wouldn't say it's a sure thing that Crash will be DLC, though I kind of hope he is since people seem so disappointed that he isn't in the game.

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining because there's no Lara Croft. I mean as it stands, the game has 2 female characters - 3 if you include Kat. But Lara was one of the first really successful female game heroines, so I hope she makes the cut.

I know it would be nice to see all of the major bases touched, and have the important Playstation brand mascots represented but... Either way, we have over 20 characters now, with more to come. Maybe that's not enough for some people, but I think we've got a nice selection now.

And you KNOW all of these people who are screaming for Crash, probably won't even play as him that much.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Personally I think the Roster is really good now while i didn't think I would like the people they picked watching videos has made it seem like they all bring something special with them. I'm certainly not on the Crash/Spyro bandwagon and I have a feeling people want them in for Nostalgia's sake i bet people wouldn't even play them as much as the others.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
[QUOTE="crazypal"]

A7xhto

We don't know this for sure. Sony doesn't own Crash Bandicoot. It's up to Activision's discretion. Same with Spyro the dragon. That's the problem with Sony they don't own some of their most iconic IPs.
shinigami-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shinigami-uk
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts
Can I download the DLC packs without purchasing the game? Probably get the game in a few months time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Can I download the DLC packs without purchasing the game? Probably get the game in a few months time.shinigami-uk
Oh, I'm pretty sure you can. That's what I'm planning on doing. Anytime free DLC has been available for a game I didn't own yet on the 360, it let me get it. So I assume it's the same deal here.